Babies due Oct/Nov/Dec 2013

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: Babies due Oct/Nov/Dec 2013

Postby Trying » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Been a bit if a rollercoaster!

My beautiful Baby Girl Elsa (middle name pending by Daddy) Everett was born Friday 13th at 18:37. I got my VBAC!! Although it was hardwork ending in a Kiwi Ventouse delivery. My waters broken the day before at 3:30am, which has resulted in us both contracting infections, she is in the Special Care Baby Unit, but doing well, hoping to be out by weekend - it's been a bit of a sentence!!! But we're persevering! Trying to get her established on the breast feeding, but I think I'm getting mastitis at the moment as she's not having enough milk yet (but in producing lots!) so bit of hardship, missing my little boy so much! He visited me at hospital today and it's left me really emotional having to say goodbye to him!
Sam
2010 - PMA beats PMT, TTC & The Blues! It worked BFP on 03/04/10!!!
TTC - June 07
Clomid - 3/4 cycles 09 all BFN
TTC #2 - Dec 2011 (met since May 12, and lots of lbs to lose!!)
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24e4af

Trying

Postby Kasha » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:33 am

Beautiful name Sam x
So aorry it didn't go smoothly but the main thing is you're both well x hope you get out soon must be driving you daft x
Get in the shower with those boobs and get expressing,don't get mastitis! Evil thingnit is.
Looking forward to the pictures of course!
Much love x

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby Ruby » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:02 am

Congratulations Sam! Another Friday 13th baby (Lexi was 3m on Friday)! :)

Sorry to hear you've got infections and that Elsa is in SCBU. Have they given you a breast pump - ask them for one? I got to take a hospital grade pump home when I was discharged and Lexi was still in. You should be able to get one on the ward and get pumping. They can freeze the excess for you and you can take it home.

Don't get your hopes up about going home on a particular day - just take it one day at a time. They like to make sure the babies are 110% well before they can go home, so you may end up being in longer than you thought you would even if she is doing well.

I hope you're both healed and on your way home soon. Take care xxx
Natural BFP 8.7.10, EDD 11.3.11, Baby Boy born 5.3.11
Surprise Natural BFP 28.01.13, EDD 5.10.13, Baby Girl born 13.9.13
Ruby

Postby Trying » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks Helen - I think I was panicking in a drama yesterday about the mastitis. Feeling a lot better today!

Thanks Ruby - there are loads of pumps on the baby unit in the feeding room, plus hubby has brought mine in from home so I can pump on the ward of I need to.

I'm currently in two minds about moving onto the baby ward. It means sacrificing a few facilities (baths for soothing my poor nether regions!, someone else heating up my meals).
But would obviously find the night feeds easier, and perhaps sleep may come easier without midwives going their checks etc... And would be able to administer my own drugs! (Been missing doses from being up and down on the two wards).

It has been an ordeal, but I always think that there is someone having a worse time, so I'm grateful for the all the positives we've got going on! :)
Sam
TTC - June 07

Trying

Postby espoir » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:51 am

Congratulations Sam! Sorry to hear that she's in the SCBU, but hopefully in no time you'll be home together as a family xxx
espoir

Postby dramaqueen27 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Congratulations on the birth of Elsa! I hope she is either home by now or discharge is imminent. Freya was in NICU for a few days and after a tricky start breast feeding went very well.
3 nights in hospital was more than enough for me so I hope you are able to get some rest whilst you are there. I was on the transitional care ward because of Saskia's size, it was a very busy ward and I got zero sleep most nights.
Saskia is doing really well, she got back to her birth weight by day 9 and was 6lbs 2oz on Monday. I am still finding my feet, it has been such a long time since I had a baby I had forgotten just how relentless it is! Saskia currently sleeps on me at night, which works well but the health visitor isn't too keen!
Xmas seems like far too much effort but with Freya we can't ignore it!!

Hope you are all well. Have a fabulous xmas with your babies!
Rachel (28)
Dx PCOS 2000
dramaqueen27

Postby Trying » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Thanks for all your thoughts ladies, we escaped yesterday!!! After 6 nights!!! We were lucky that it was mainly Elsa infection marker being so high that we were kept in. Annoyingly was welcomed home to a letter from my consuatnt dated 16th Dec who I saw on the 9th, saying that they'd detected an infection in my urine (or ably the route of all this week's craziness) and to go see my GP !!!! Seriously a week? When labour is imminent! I'm a bit mindful to write and complain, if they'd rung me I might have gotten to the GP n time to prevent the ordeal we went through.

But not a lot I can do about jut now!

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year, I'm planning to sleep as much as I can!!!!
Sam
TTC - June 07

Trying

Postby Kasha » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:37 pm

Sam thats not good and i would definitely take it further.

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby MrsW_PCOS » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:19 am

Hey everyone, jumping on quickly for the first time in almost 2 months to say hi! Huge congrats to the new arrivals, I headed a quick read through while the baby is sleeping! Sorry to hear some of you have had a difficult time, hope you're all recovering and babies are doing well, esp those that were in SCBU.

Wow, time is limited, hence why I haven't had time to come on here. I never understood when friends with babies said they didn't have time to reply to texts etc, but boy I do now! I'm loving this experience, my baby girl is the best thing ever but it's bloody hard work! Harder than I ever imagined! Sleep deprivation is evil! We've had our fair share of sleepless nights, constipation, trips to the Dr's and a trip to children's a&e (nothing serious but through caution) & whilst we've had no serious problems, it is a worry as this little babba is our world! Thankfully the past 2 weeks she's started sleeping through longer so giving us anything from 5-7hours straight through which is amazing! I'm not getting too excited as I know that you can get so far and think you've cracked it & the little monkeys throw a spanner in the works!

More sleep makes all the difference tho, to my sanity, mood and wellbeing!

So I hope you are all ok and enjoying your bundles, & getting some sleep!

Evie is 9wks + 3 days now... What a blur those 9wks have been. She's strong with her wobbly head, showing signs of smiling and baby noises which is lovely. Constipation has eased with help of lactulose, little tear on her bum has healed, new formula seems to be working :D She likes to sleep in arms during the day which can be tricky especially when I'm on my own but I'm glad she's like this during the and
Last edited by MrsW_PCOS on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
TTC since Dec 2011.
No AF for 1 year
DH sperm count good
Nov'12: Provera & Clomid 50mg CD2-6 – Follies 5mm & no Ov.
Jan'13: Provera & Clomid 100mg CD2-6. Ov CD19/20. Prog. 52. BFN.
Feb'13: CD1 07/02/2013. Clomid 100mg CD2-6. Ov CD18/19
BFP 11/03/2013
8 wk scan 05/04/2013 heard & saw heartbeat :-)
12 wk scan 02/05/2013
EDD 14/11/2013
Baby girl born 08/11/2013 (induction at 39wks)
My chart:

My Ovulation Chart
MrsW_PCOS

Postby MrsW_PCOS » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:22 am

...pressed submit by mistake!

And not during the night, must break this habit tho rather than create a rod for my own back!

Check in again soon to see how you are all doing, keep sane girls!!! :-)

Xxx
TTC since Dec 2011.
No AF for 1 year
DH sperm count good
Nov'12: Provera & Clomid 50mg CD2-6 – Follies 5mm & no Ov.
Jan'13: Provera & Clomid 100mg CD2-6. Ov CD19/20. Prog. 52. BFN.
Feb'13: CD1 07/02/2013. Clomid 100mg CD2-6. Ov CD18/19
BFP 11/03/2013
8 wk scan 05/04/2013 heard & saw heartbeat :-)
12 wk scan 02/05/2013
EDD 14/11/2013
Baby girl born 08/11/2013 (induction at 39wks)
My chart:

My Ovulation Chart
MrsW_PCOS

Postby Trying » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:52 pm

Great to hear how you and Evie are doing! Can I ask about her tear? How did you spot it? By constipated how long did she not poop for? Elsa has some what look like little scratches around her anus and I'm in two minds whether she has reflux too now. (Didn't have any of this with D!! ). Her poops have slowed down a little, but are still wet and at least daily.

Well, I've been a bit of a woman/mummy on a mission. With D I retreated and didn't go out with him anywhere until he was at least 6/7 weeks. Whereas Elsa has had 3 of her 4 weeks at home now and we've done the supermarket twice with her brother, trips to town and attempting a soft play play date on Thursday. She also is just getting used to the (pre)school run! I hate getting up early, but if I stay awake after the 6am(ish) feed I can just about get us all out the door by 9(ish)!!! My husband leave home around 6am so can't rely on him to help!

Found breast feeding a lot easier the 2nd time round, we had a lot of stresses with D which resulted in pain and tears etc... But this time round it's been more relaxed and I'm even more confident to feed her in public. With D I can count on my hand the amount of times I fed him in public spaces!!

So she's feeding well, but been a bit sickie afterwards, and struggles with her wind too, we had infection the first week in hospital, and once I got home and started using our cloth nappies and realised she didn't have nappy rash like everyone in hospital said, but was actually thrush!! So she's bit having the best of starts poor girl, and nights are
Not great!! As she struggles with wind/reflux etc.. At the 11/12 feed she has real trouble getting back to sleep, we've had some nights when it's not been until 4am!!! So yes suffering with the sleep deprivation!

Oh and on the texting people front! I struggle with remembering to reply and we have terrible signal here so communications with the outside world are very tenuous!!!
Sam
TTC - June 07

Trying

Previous

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood