Babies due Jun & Jul 2013

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: Babies due Jun & Jul 2013

Postby Constance » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:04 am

Wow, congratulation Caleta - have a happy and healthy pregnancy.x

Sarah - well done losing all the weight, fantastic! You must feel really great, 1.5 stones is at least one size down, so you must feel it already? Daniel likes his school so far, the first year is a bit more serious then the foundation year, but hopefully he will be ok once he figures it out, lol.

Simon's still on Nutramigen, but we give him dairy to eat, and I told the nursery to take him off the dairy free diet a couple of weeks ago - I felt sorry for him eating jam sandwiches every day! I don't give him much cheese, but he has an occasional yoghurt, once a fortnight perhaps (- he does not like it much) and he has butter regularly. Funny enough, he loves Nutramigen, he drinks it up like it's a milkshake, iykwim... I cannot believe it, lol, because he's had a taste of cow's milk and soya milk with his breakfast... We have not noticed him having an upset stomach with all the dairy foods, but he still gets allergy spots - they pop up in places and are gone quite quickly normally. I'm quite worried though that whatever causes them may trigger an eczema attack, so I still give him Nutramigen, especially that he has a lot of it every day. Well, at least till the GP objects to giving us new prescriptions.

He is an absolute sunshine, I love him to bits, almost have to remind myself I have another child that needs some cuddles and affection as well. I know, it's bad of me, I am so utterly in love with this little cute person, and it took me by surprise. I don't know what I was expecting - that I would have to divide my love to both boys??? not sure, there is definitely no dividing there, they both get full portion of it, and Simon gets all the new, fresh affection, iykwim. Anyone feels like that???

Hope to hear from you soon. x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi everyone
Had a nightmare 2 weeks. ... caedans been in the children's hospital for 9 days with cellulitis and sinusitis! !! Nearly ended up in theatre but managed to avoid it. It was very slow recovery and had to have two CT scans to check for fluid behind his eye.. he was on Iv antibiotics for 7 days then was put on oral penicillin but then developed a rash which they think is an allergy to it!! He now under the allergy clinic and will do scratch tests to see what the allergy he has are. He a lot better now and got out of the hospital last Friday on a different antibiotcs. Xx

Constance while in the hospital the peadiatrician asked about me introducing dairy and soya into caedans diet as he is over 12months.. the dietician told me 2years??? So at least i know now i can start to try him... glad simon is managing dairy!! Bless him and i bet it is so much easier now you not as wary in every situation!! Xx

hope everyone else is ok? Xxx
Diagnosed PCOS 1998 - 2 rounds of clomid no o'v
150mg Clomid ov miracle BFP- Sept 08, Eptopic Oct 08
IVF #1March 09 BFN- short protocol IVF #2 long protocol BFP- 24/8/09 My miracle boy born 8/5/10- 2 blasts in the freezer!
May '12 FET 14.5.12 BFN 22.5.12
Awaiting next af to start Ivf #3 natural BFP 9.8.12 (shock????) no heartbeat mmc at 10weeks 21.9.12 x
Another natural miracle BFP 21.11.12?! (8 weeks after my erpc) x another miracle boy born 14.7.13 x
Sazwell

Postby Constance » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Oh Sarah - I'm so sorry to hear about Caedan's hospital stay and medicine problems -what caused all these problems - did they just come out of a cold? I had Simon really ill in spring and it's the most frightening thing!

My GP said to give Simon a yoghurt and see what happens, if he has a reaction, then you wait another 6 months and do it again... good luck. It may be 2 years for Caedan as his allergy is quite strong if he picks it up through breast milk, but you can try anyway, I read somewhere that from the children allergic to diary 50% grow out of it when they are 1, and then 50% of the reminder grow out of it when they are 1.5 and so on, so there is a good chance.

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:40 pm

Ahhhh thanks Constance... he had a cold 3 weeks before I just dont think he ever got over it, then this cold was herrendous he could not breath at all through his nose even with the usual nasal spray, rub, albas oil in hot water and sitting in a steamed room! It was horrible. .
I am hoping he will be fine once I start to introduce dairy. Not sure what will hapen at the allergy clinic but glad we will now be seeing them maybe get to the bottom of his allergies.
Do you have a family history of any allergies? My mum, dad, sister and myself all have asthma, I have hayfever and some pet hair. I am also down as allergy to penicillin which my mum is unsure what happened but i have never been given it again. I think allergies do follow in families?! Xx
IVF #1March 09 BFN- short protocol IVF #2 long protocol BFP- 24/8/09 My miracle boy born 8/5/10- 2 blasts in the freezer!
Awaiting next af to start Ivf #3 natural BFP 9.8.12 (shock????) no heartbeat mmc at 10weeks 21.9.12 x
Another natural miracle BFP 21.11.12?! (8 weeks after my erpc) x another miracle boy born 14.7.13 x
Sazwell

Postby Constance » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Well, no diary allergy in my family, but DH has hayfever and it can get quite severe in summer, and I've always had a touch of it as well, my private paed said that was enough to start milk allergy in our child, and that if not addressed within the first few weeks (with special milk, etc) it may cause him having asthma later. Some children with diary intollerance do not show any severe symptoms, except perhaps some skin problems like small areas of eczema (my cousin's son was not diagnosed till he was almost a year old, he only had eczema patches on his cheeks, that did not respond to any treatment, no other problems, the patches cleared when he was given Nutramigen).

I'm sure allergies follow in families, the problem is that they can escalate with the next generation. Hoping Caedan will grow out of it quickly.x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Thanks Constance...
thats interesting what your pead said!!! Hayfever is a horrible anyway without getting it realky bad... I've also had some herrendous years with hayfever.. not nice!! This then used to make my asthma worse! My asthma has been up and down as like my hayfever, grown out of it then its come back. That is one thing I hope caedan doesn't develop is asthma but it is more likely with us all having it in my side of the family I think..
Got his appointment through today for for the 5th Nov so might no more! Unsure if they just doing the scratch test on medicines or the usual things thst can cause allergies? ! Its just been one thing after another with this one.. my poor boy! Xx
Sazwell

Postby Constance » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi Sarah - how are you and how is Caedan? Have you had his allergy appointment? Any results or news? Hopefully he will not develop asthma, you are aware of his allergies and are doing things for him to avoid problems, so that should help.

Espoir, how are you and how are all your little ones? Have you got used to the busy family life?

Caleta - how are you?

How is everyone else?

I can't believe it is 2 years ago when we were discussing scans and baby names, etc, how is it possible?

Simon is a little boy now, walking around and playing with his brother's toys, he sleeps really well at night and is rubbish at eating. If he had his way he would only have corn crisps (anything like the organics stuff, etc) and chocolate and biscuits. That's his older brother's influence. Daniel is very good at eating veg and fruit, but Simon still copies him only when eating sweets, lol. Another winter ahead of us, I'm quite dreading all the colds coming from the nursery home with Simon. :shock: He was ok all summer till about 2 weeks ago... Simon is still on nutramigen, although I do give him small quantities of diary regularly, he still gets sudden allergic reactions on his skin from time to time - like little red spot with swelling or a whole raised area, etc that normally go away after a few hours, so I'm not trying to change his milk, just in case he can only tolerate small quantities of diary...

Looking forward to hearing from you ladies. xxx
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby SamanthaJo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:36 pm

Ladies hello!

Oh my goodness how are you all?! I can't believe how long it's been since I've been on here. I was thinking about you all tonight and thought I must get back on the forum and see if the thread is still going. Hope you and you lovely little ones all had a great Christmas and new year. Caleta I see congratulations is in order! How wonderful!

can't believe its been two years since we were all discussing our pregnancies on here. Makes me feel a bit melancholy sometimes how quick it's going,but then I look at Scarlett and all the things she has learnt and the little person she has become,and I'm so proud of my little girl.

The past year has been crazy for us. We finally finished building the house and moved in last July just after Scarlett's birthday which was fab. We still have a bit of landscaping to finish outside but it's lovely to be in. I've spent since then preparing to become a childminder and my Ofsted inspection is next week (gulp). Decided not to go back to work and it's been amazing being able to stay at home with Scarlett but I can't wait to get my business up and running.

Anyway enough about me. Would love to hear from you all.

Hugs,

Samantha
Samantha

ImageImage
SamanthaJo

Postby Sazwell » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi everyone
sorry I haven't been on for ages it went so quiet I stopped checking lol..

Constance so sorry I haven't replied. . Everything is going well Caedan is eating everything and anything! !! Its taken a ling time with two steps forward then one back but we finally got there..
Caedan now on blue and brown inhaler and was still not convinced it was asthma until I realised twice I slowly stopped giving the brown (preventative) his breathing progressivly worse. How's Simon doing now?

Samjo lovely to hear from you, it sounds like life been very crazy for you!! I bet its all been worth it being in your fantastic new home..

Caedan is a real character and keeps me on my toes, he's so like in his
Sazwell

Postby Sazwell » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:00 pm

Sorry my phone is playing up...
brother in so many ways, very sporty and turned into a realky good and loving boy!! He's fantastic...

Love to hear from everyone too xxx
Sazwell

Postby espoir » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:10 pm

hello ladies!! how are you all? Have there been any new additions to the family yet?
We are all fine - life is very busy, but more structured and a bit easier than before. The twins are growing well - rather more assertive and demanding than DS1 was, so it can be wearing at times. DS2 in particular tends to be sick a lot, so I never know if he's grumpy and clingy because of that, or he just needs more TLC than the others. We are kind of in the tantrum/meltdown phase I guess - sometimes it's cute as the other twin sometimes tries to bring the other one out of it, since I generally just ignore tantrums! Thankfully, they tend not to tantrum together! They still sleep well, even if they protest about going down. Naps are getting shorter though :( On the plus side, some weekends we've got to lie-in til 8 (lol at those days when I struggled to get out of bed at that time!). It's hard to believe that they will soon be 2!!! They still feel like my babies :)

How is everyone else doing?
espoir

Postby Constance » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:38 am

Hi ladies

It's nice to hear from you after all this time, yes, our babies are growing up, but like you said Espoir, I can still see a baby in my Simon and nothing else, just a walking taking baby, lol. He is just lovely, my little cuddly bunny. He sleeps really well at nights, no waking, in fact he wakes less than his brother, well, except when he is not well and we had a whole winter of that thanks to the nursery!!! We get to sleep till 8 as well some weekends. Fortunately we don't get too many tantrums, they normally make me laugh, a baby protesting on the floor with screams is really hilarious, I think, probably not as good if it's not at home, but we never get any outdoor ones.

Sarah, I'm glad Caedan can eat everything now, what kind of milk he drinks? Simon is still on Nurtamigen, but we are thinking of moving him to cow's milk after he's two, not sure how he will take it because he really likes nurtamigen and finds it really comforting, he still has it twice during the day plus morning and evening. He still gets allergy related spots or hives occasionally and we cannot work it out what causes them, so we have a appointment with and allergy paed next month.

SamanthaJo, good news on finishing the house and moving in, is it like one of the grand design houses??? Good luck with you new career.

xxx
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Well that 2 years has flown :-( where has the time gone??
Constance Caedan has been drinking cows milk for around 6 months now.. he really enjiys his milk which is funny as Ellis has never really been bothered and he hasn't had any problems!!
How did pead appointment go hon? Caedy's got another appointment on 20th August.xx

Espoir nice to hear from you.. I'm with you on the shorter Naps :-( my sisters twins are on occassions not even sleeping during the day which she is finding a nightmare!! Lol.. xx

hope everyone else ok? Xxx
Sazwell

Postby Constance » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:08 am

Hi Sarah

Yes, 2 years already, wherever I look there are babies around and my little one looks big, though I'm not missing the lack of sleep, :D.

We are in the process of mixing Simon's nurtramigen with cows milk right now, he will be purely on milk in 2 weeks' time. The paed in the allergy clinic tested him and said he was not allergic any more, I am not 100% convinced because we keep having 3-4 soiled nappies a day, some of them very loose and some of them burn his skin within seconds and give him very sore nappy rash. It's been going on and off since we started mixing his milk, but it's not consistent so we are not sure what causes it. Hopefully not milk, otherwise we'll have to put him on some soya, etc. milk or formula, even though they say he is not allergic to anything (well, they did not check EVERYTHING, but the few things they checked he was not allergic to) but I guess he can still be intolerant??? He gets a lot of red spots on his body this summer, not sure whether it is related to heat, they look like insect bites or allergy rashes, they don't respond to Piriton or anything else...

I'm quite looking forward to Simon giving up his daytime nap, it's not nice when me and Daniel are stuck at home in the middle of the day because Simon is sleeping. It breaks up the day and makes it difficult to go out anywhere... It does happen occasionally when we have a day out, but he normally falls asleep in the car on the way back home.

How are you all doing ladies?
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby caleta10 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Hello all
So sweet to hear your stories of your 2 year olds! James is certainly treading that familiar path of wanting his own way and a mini meltdown if it doesn't come!
I'm very lucky and pleased to say Nina joined us on 1st May. She is doing really well and there seems to be an instant love between her and James which I just adore. I'm also loving the pink this time around!
I hope you are all well.
Caleta x
caleta10

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood