Babies due Jun & Jul 2013

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: Babies due Jun & Jul 2013

Postby Sazwell » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi everyone

Espoir/Constance I'm not trying at the moment although I really need to! Even though I'm avoiding dairy/soya I'm now eating LOADS of crisps & sweets to replace chocolate (although not in the same league :-( ) I went to the dietician today to get some advice on my diet as I don't think getting enough calcium, she wasn't much help.. She did say though that caedan needs to avoid dairy/soya during weaning till a year old then I will need to go back where they will advise me on how to introduce it back into his diet!
Also been back to the doctors and Caedan has now been given Antibiotics FINALLY. He is really wheezy now and this virus has been going on for 6 weeks, I 'm worn out.. My poor little man is all over the place as he waking up coughing and can't breath with a blocked nose :-( hoping as soon as he is better we can introduce him into his own room etc.. He still in the Moses basket next to me and we have still been bringing him downstairs after his bath, with him being so poorly! Ellis was in his own room from 12 weeks and was going to bed after story and bath, working up to 7pm-7am and just going in for the dummy run lol..
Caedan is fantastic we can just put him down and he goes to sleep (with his dummy) and even though he's had lots of cuddles and having to sleep on my upright when he been poorly it's not affected this. Ellis was really bad and we had to do controlled crying as from when he was born would only sleep on me, I couldn't even get him to sleep and transfere into his Moses basket as he would just wake up. It's so weird how they are so a like in so many ways but also so different!

Sorry think I've just rambled lol..

Hope everyone else is ok? Can't believe it's a year since starting this thread! It seems to have gone so quick.. Xxx
Diagnosed PCOS 1998 - 2 rounds of clomid no o'v
150mg Clomid ov miracle BFP- Sept 08, Eptopic Oct 08
IVF #1March 09 BFN- short protocol IVF #2 long protocol BFP- 24/8/09 My miracle boy born 8/5/10- 2 blasts in the freezer!
May '12 FET 14.5.12 BFN 22.5.12
Awaiting next af to start Ivf #3 natural BFP 9.8.12 (shock????) no heartbeat mmc at 10weeks 21.9.12 x
Another natural miracle BFP 21.11.12?! (8 weeks after my erpc) x another miracle boy born 14.7.13 x
Sazwell

Postby Constance » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:47 am

Espoir, I'm doing the 5:2 fasting diet, you eat reasonably well 5 days a week and only have 500 calories to use on 2 days a week. I like it and I have lost a few pounds, but I'm worried that the loss was due to normal post pregnancy loss (I'm really hoping that it's the diet working). The problem with this one is that if you pig out during the 5 other days you can mess it all up. If it works long term though I'm likely to re-learn to control my food intake, which I would really like, plus my stomach will shrink a bit due to the fasting days. It's difficult because I don't have time to count calories on the other 5 days. I guess if it does not work I will go back to Slimming World, but I would really love it to work because I'm comfortable with this diet plan and I feel so much better when my stomach has been emptied of food, plus I can have normal food on other days - with SW I could not have bread, well, I could have used my allowance for a couple of slices of small brown bread a day, but not the one I love - I really love sourdough and rye breads only... My weight loss has always been inconsistent and slow, even with SW, so it is confusing.

Sarah - hope your little man will feel better soon - the first cold can last for weeks, I remember. I'm still avoiding dairy myself, mostly to see if it speeds up my weight loss and to get me ready for what little Simon will have to do... I'm not very strict though and do have it when mixed up into something, like ready made soup or biscuits, but I avoid eating any cheese and yoghurt and milk and butter, etc. By the way - DH says he does not believe S has milk intolerance and wants to test him with a normal formula, just not the one we used at the start. I stopped the gaviscon a couple of weeks ago because he started vomiting after food, and I think he definitely has got a touch of reflux, so the chances are that he only ever had reflux.... I think we may just offer him a couple of feeds of normal formula to see what happens, before we start giving him foods - as then we will never know what upset him... iykwim. Not looking forward to it as I don't want to hurt him, but I so do not want him to have Nurtamigen when he can have some tasty formula....

How is everyone? x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi everyone x

Hope everyone ok?

Constance do you think avoiding dairy has helped your weight loss?
I know exactly what you mean it is better to know what was upsetting Simon! It was a lot easier for us with Caedan having the blood in his Poody..I'm really trying to get the calcium in my diet, it's sooo hard!
Caedan is a bit better but still has a rattly chest and that's on 4 1/2 days of antibiotic's just hope he's able to have his second lot of injections?!? Xxx
IVF #1March 09 BFN- short protocol IVF #2 long protocol BFP- 24/8/09 My miracle boy born 8/5/10- 2 blasts in the freezer!
Awaiting next af to start Ivf #3 natural BFP 9.8.12 (shock????) no heartbeat mmc at 10weeks 21.9.12 x
Another natural miracle BFP 21.11.12?! (8 weeks after my erpc) x another miracle boy born 14.7.13 x
Sazwell

Postby caleta10 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:26 am

Hi all,

Well done you for starting diets. I was very pleased with my 20lbs drop after he was born but then having put 5 back on while on holiday and now stopping breast feeding, I can feel the remaining 20 being stubborn and know I have to start something. I'm sitting at work in my preggo jeans with a cold so already envisaging pasta for dinner!

I hope everyone is doing well and avoiding the colds and sniffles. James and I have had 2, I'm not sure if he's picked them up at nursery and passed to me or vice versa. I guess these things are to be expected now he's there.

I can't believe it's a year since we all started finding out about our lovely bubs. Wow!
caleta10

Postby Sazwell » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:02 pm

Caleta well done on the 20lb loss!! There is also sooo much going around at the moment and also like you said nursery doesn't help!! Hope you start to feel better soon xx

Hope everyone else is ok? Constance, espoir, Holpops..

Afm caedan now better finally!!! We put him in his own room on Saturday and he's doing really well apart from the occasional dummy run and feeding once still in the night (although last week did have 3 nights were he went from 7pm till 7am without a feed) last night after his 2am feed didn't hear him again till 6.50am!!! He is wanting to sit up all the time and even stand lol.. He is getting frustrated if he laid down or in the bouncer as it doesn't sit up enough for him.. Think he going to be on the move early just like Ellis (he was cruising round furniture at 8 months and wanting us to walk and stand him up from 4 months :-) ellis's first steps were at 9 months and he was walking at 10 months so see if he is earlier than him?!? xx
Sazwell

Postby espoir » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:30 am

Oh wow Saz!! That's very early for walking! A friend's DD also started walking early, and she said the hardest thing was that she had no sense of danger, or where she wanted to go! At least you have experience from Eliis. Great that Caedan is doing better.

Constance, how are you, Simon and the house doing? Have you started weaning? Gosh, Simon must be 5 months now!! Almost a half year old! Your diet sounds interesting. Think the calorie controlled ones seem to work well - I guess that's why the juice diet worked well for me (I was juicing à la Jason Vale!) - have started juicing again, but not as regularly as I should (because I hate washing up after!!). Also back on Met, so hope that will help.

My babies are back sleeping through the night, full of "chat" especially DS - gosh if he continues in this way he's going to be a real chatterbox - he's the most emotional of the 3 -the other 2 are quite laid-back but DS can go from screaming til he's red in the face to all smiles in the blink of an eye! it's quite wearing sometimes, but at the same time he's a great character! He's trying to roll over, but gets stuck half-way - I hear him calling out for me to turn him back!! Can't believe they're almost 4 months!! - where has the time gone! DD is so much calmer, have to take care she doesn't get over-looked, but it's getting easier to spend time with her now too.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
espoir

Postby Constance » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi ladies

Thanks, we are fine, Simon is really great - he is a smiler, he can now put his dummy in on his own (when handed to him correctly), he had a try of using his sippy cup a couple of days ago and it was a success, though a very wet one, lol. And he had just learned to jump in his jumperoo - omg, he does not get tired at all, lol, like a little monkey.

No good news about the house, we were doing good, decorating two rooms at the same time (the one converted from garage and our living room) when I said to DH - let's just call it a day for this year and do the rest after new year. Well, somebody up there heard me and decided to make my life hell - during the Monday storm half of our roof was destroyed and it rains in Simon's room when it rains outside even though we put a tarpaulin over the roof and tied it down to trees and my car at the front of the house. I spent the whole week really stressed out waiting for roofers, etc and nobody turned up! Fortunately I managed to get some family members to help to look for a reliable roofer, so we may have some luck and see one tomorrow. :cry: :cry: :cry: All I really wanted was to have a new roof done in winter, in rain by a builder that does not bother to phone me back and switches his phone off when I phone!

Sorry about complaining, I guess we are lucky really that it was not a flood! And I fancied a new roof anyway, but DH said no. lol

Sarah - I'm not sure the dairy free diet helps (and I'm not that strict anyway) but it may do a little bit...

We tried Simon on some normal formula last Saturday (2 feeds) and the results are inconclusive... He does quite a lot of screaming and crying for a smiley baby, when he is tired and wants to sleep or the nappy needs changing or the clothes are too tight around his middle or his gums hurt because he is teething, so I'm not sure whether the screams we got afterwards were related to the milk or not. sometimes I have screamy days even on Nutramigen and I get all confused. I give up now, I don't think I will be able to work it out any soon. I definitely know now he has reflux, just like your LO Espoir... he may not have the milk allergy at all, but the way he is now I cannot really tell - there is no patch of eczema that appears and his spots seem to be everlasting...

He's tried his baby rice a couple of times now and I'm in the process of making purees and freezing them in ice cube trays, I just need the high chair down (if it survived the flood in the loft, lol)...

Hope everyone is well?

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby zanussi » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi ladies!

Sorry to have been missing for so long but the little lady doesn't let me put the laptop on very often and I nearly end up throwing the phone out of the window if I try and type on there!

It's good to see all the babies are doing well and growing up too quickly. Alba has been brilliant, feeding and sleeping well although we have had a bit of a blip recently when I had a d&v bug and couldn't eat for 4 days which affected my milk so she was feeding like a newborn again for a while and hasn't quite got back into her normal sleeping pattern yet. She's started to become interested in food, grabbing it out of my hands when I'm not being careful. She puts it in her mouth but doesn't quite know what to do with it yet and just ends up dropping it on the floor! She is quickly becoming our dog's best friend :roll:

Hope you manage to get your roof sorted quickly Constance. I think there has been so much damage that all the builders and roofers are super busy. I've heard of people having to wait till mid November just to have insurance assessors come round let alone get any work started.

I'll try and get on a bit more often again hopefully and finally catch up with everyone's news.

Hugs to all mummies & babies xxx
zanussi

Postby Sazwell » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi everyone
I'm back I've been unable to login. .

Espoir glad the twins are sleeping through and like you say different! My sister's girls are sleeping through the night its the naps during day as one needs more sleep than the other which is hard! Xxx

Constance hows it going with the house so sorry to hear the storm destroyed your roof that's all you need honey. Have you tried Simon with any more normal formula? Hows he been? Xxx

Zanussi great to hear from you hun! Glad Alba doing so well, Caedan had a virus for over 6 weeks which definitely effected my supply its been a hard slog getting it back too.. hope albas settled down with her feeding xxx

Afm everything going well.. caedans gone from the 75th centile to the 50th which concerned me I think it was his virus. He seems to have settled down now and 2 weeks later he is now following the 50th I did try him with a bottle but its a no go! Thinkits the horrible milk? Caedan is still having one feed through the night but sleep from 7pm till 7am the last few nights without any dummy runs just woken for his feed! I used to be in and out with ellis although I dont think caedan id as bothered about hid dummy! Caedan is also still wanting to be on his feet so we have got Ellis's walker out today as hsd enough of walking him around lol!!!!! Xxx

Hope everyone else is ok? Xxx
Sazwell

Postby Sazwell » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Hi everyone xx
Just wondered how everyone is?
We had a couple of weeks again of illnesses Ellis was really poorly with eczema herpeticum which I'd never heard of till then but can be life threatening if not caught early enough but it was thank goodness! ! Then caedan is judt getting over another chest infection! Apart from that caedans is still doing really well, can sit up for a few seconds on his own and loves to be talked to and kept busy. Hes a really happy baby, just dont know where the times going :-( xx

Constance how is Simon? Xx

Espoir how are the twins doing? Xx

Hope everyone else is ok? Xxx
Sazwell

Postby espoir » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:37 pm

Saz, great to hear from you! How are your nieces? We are doing ok - have had no end of appointments, but that should all be coming to an end, and here's hoping next year will be a bit calmer and more organized. I'm lucky to have two reasonably laid back babies, who are doing well despite lack of routine. After Constance mentioned it, I did realise that DS2 probably needs way more sleep, and being out and about was leaving him overtired, so on the few days we're not out I'm making sure he's getting lots of rest. He's been on anti-reflux formula, which helped, but he's been very, very constipated, and we had to take him to the doctor. Hopefully now that he's 5 months and interested in eating, we can wean him off it and back on regular formula. He's started eating baby rice, but DD is having none of it yet!! - yikes, when we attempted to feed her you'd think we were giving her poison! So we'll wait til after the hols before trying her again, and maybe just go straight to veggies DS1 was similar, so it wasn't unexpected. I think they are both a bit behind developmentally IMO (but nothing of concern), and are only making random attempts at turning over....on the other hand we've been out so much that they don't get a lot of time on the mat, so maybe it's not surprising! They will start nursery next year, which I have mixed feelings about - but I have to return to work :-( and I think it's good for them to socialize as we don't have family close-by. I'm not sure how well it will go with DD though. DS1 keeps them entertained, and loves them, especially now that he gets feedback ;-)

How's everyone else doing? Constance, how is Simon? Any improvement?
espoir

Postby Constance » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:48 am

Hi ladies and babies, hope you all had a lovely Christmas???

We are ok, Simon has improved and does not cry any more, the whole crying thing was connected to him being unwell, I think, but it lasted a long time so I never spotted it. He is really lovely now - he talks a lot and turns over like a maniac and tries to pull his legs under him... He is almost sitting as well, but still not stable enough on his own. He loves his jumperoo, can jump all day long and he got a walker for Christmas, which he likes too. He also suddenly developed liking for pureed food, he absolutely loves it, bless him, I'm not surprised - after months of having that horrible Nutramigen only every food must seem like heaven to him now. On Christmas day he had his first meat - turkey with potato and carrot, pureed smooth - he ate double quantities... :D

Espoir - we still have problems with his daytime naps - I'm lucky if we get two of them only, and they are very irregular as well - there is no set time, it's usually one in the morning and one in the afternoon, the middle of the day 2 hour nap that Daniel used to have does not happen here now, and most of his naps are less than an hour... Not much sleep for a baby, he is getting older now and I shall probably just accept the fact sooner or later rather than keep fighting... Wow, I can't believe you are going back to work already - nursery charges for 3 must cost a fortune...

Sarah - sorry to hear of Caedan's eczema - what is eczema herpeticum???

I was off to move my mother in with me in the middle of the month and she is now settling in her new room made from our garage. She has rheumatoid arthritis and has big problems walking, so she can only stay downstairs, which is great as the upstairs stays private to us -she has not even had a look since she arrived and it's the first time she saw this house...

We are planning to go back to decorating after New Year - yay, more dust! We have two bedrooms left and the en-suite bathroom, ant then the hall, landing and stairs.... Not much but I'm so fed up now. And things get broken all the time, like the house is fighting all the improvements - when we lost the roof in Oct, we had damage to 2 newly decorated bedroom ceilings, one is still not repaired yet, and now I have a small leak in my dining room, which is in the extension and has a new roof only done when we moved in summer 2012. Apart that the newly plastered walls keep getting hairline cracks and coving seems to want to come away from the walls all the time... I'm having the thoughts that perhaps we should finish it and move before it decides to fall apart completely, lol. Hopefully not, because I love the house....

Sorry for boring you with the details.

How are you and how are your little ones???

I'm off to give Simon some ready brek now...

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi everyone x
Hope everyone had a fantastic xmas!!!! Xx

espoir it sounds like your babies are doing really well!! My nieces are doing really well their personalities are definitely coming out they little beauties I love that the girls abd caedan are going to be so close and they startweather? acknowledge each other.. it sounds like you coping amazingly well especially without family around honey!!! My sister has a lot of support especially getting out & about although my niece is still only 21 months xxx

Constance sooo glad simon has improved bless him! It sound like he's a happy boy.. eczema hepaticum is I think? is caught when you have have bad ecezema (ellis had broken skin under his eyes which I thought was dry skin? Brought on by the cold weather) then you come in contact with the herpes virus or chickenpox. Its life threatening if not caught early! ! Think its fairly rare and doctors at the hospital were brought in to have a look at him so they had seen it and his eyes were tested as it can go into the eyes and cause blindness :-( not nice! Bet you cant wsit to get your house all finished its been a long time doing but these things always take time! Bet its nice having your mum around it must be very disabling living with such a bad arthritis my mum has this in her shoulders and neck bones its awful xxx

hope everyone else is ok?

Caedan is starting on solids and seems to be enjoying it!! I'm trying to fill him up.. he keeps waking at around 12 am and I feel it is just habit? It was going longer weeks ago?! I know that bf babies may still need a feed through the night but I really think he should be going longer.. apart from the nights hes doing well still can virtually sit up without support and still loves to be on his feet!!!!! Ellis is still a doted big brother and loves to talk/keep Caedan amused! Xx
Sazwell

Postby Constance » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi ladies and babies

This is a New Year post - this time last year it was hard to believe we were approaching half way through our pregnancies, most of us were really blessed this year and at the same time had a hell of a year, I wish everyone amazing time with your babies, and a wonderful family life, I'm hoping the New Year will be easier for all of us and also full of rewards and little smiles and cuddles. It's a miracle to have a baby and it is so absolutely amazing when they start rewarding us for all the efforts - which is just about now for all of us... :D

Amber - I hope you will get your BFP very soon and catch up with us really quickly. Sending sticky baby dust to you.x

It would be nice to hear from all of you.

Lots of love

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:19 am

Happy New Year everyone x

Well we have hit so many milestones already and so many more to come this year with our ever growing bundles! !! Xx

I just hope caedans intolerance settles down as we have had a few unsettled nights maybe due to me having the odd chocolate for pleasure over xmas but also to see if it had an effect? I think it is :-( we'll see if i go back having no dairy or soya and see if we see an improvement? ? Xx

Love to all xxx
Sazwell

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood