Babies due Jun & Jul 2013

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: Babies due Jun & Jul 2013

Postby Sazwell » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:20 am

Wow Constance I think Daniel and Ellis are the same child lol.. Ellis starts nursery properly on the 20th but went for an hour taster session yesterday, I was there 2 hrs and sat in their staff room as he wasn't bothered if I was there or not!! I can't wait either for him to start he is like a whirlwind and never sits down bouncing off the wall lol.. Xxx
Diagnosed PCOS 1998 - 2 rounds of clomid no o'v
150mg Clomid ov miracle BFP- Sept 08, Eptopic Oct 08
IVF #1March 09 BFN- short protocol IVF #2 long protocol BFP- 24/8/09 My miracle boy born 8/5/10- 2 blasts in the freezer!
May '12 FET 14.5.12 BFN 22.5.12
Awaiting next af to start Ivf #3 natural BFP 9.8.12 (shock????) no heartbeat mmc at 10weeks 21.9.12 x
Another natural miracle BFP 21.11.12?! (8 weeks after my erpc) x another miracle boy born 14.7.13 x
Sazwell

Postby Constance » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:51 am

Espoir - sorry, forgot to say that the pain you are feeling around your scar is a bit strange... I'm still quite numb around it and it feels weird to touch it - I think I have no feeling in the area, but when I touch it, it feels like I'm rubbing it too hard. Perhaps you should ask your HV about it - they are normally better than GPs. Try to ask when you go to weigh your babies. Hope you'll feel better soon. x

I know my friend had a painful scar a year after c section, but I never asked her what it felt like and her son is almost 6 now, so probably long forgotten... I think you can get some side effects for quite a while - I was told a year to 18 months sometimes for side effects of the drugs they use during a c section. Last time I had terrible wrist pains for 2 or 3 months, and pins and needles in my hands, especially at night for months and months. And the swelling of my feet did not go away for well over a year (I started thinking it was permanent new wider size). I have pins and needles at night in my hands and arms again now. It just shows that some things do not go away straight away...

How are you ladies? How are the little babies? Are you getting lots of smiles?

I cannot believe that there is a new June 2014 thread just started... OMG, good luck to them - I never want to do it again, lol, :shock: But good luck to all of you who want to try again!

Simon will be 4 months old at the end of this month, wow, we are getting close to weaning! I think the advice now is to wait till 6 months, while 4 years ago it was 6 months for breastfed babies and 4 for formula fed babies - do they actually know anything??? This time I'm just going to observe him and as soon as he starts trying to eat things we will try some baby rice... Daniel was not very interested in food even when he was 6 month old - his first meal (Christmas dinner) ended on the floor, lol.

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby espoir » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Thanks Constance - I've no pain (touch wood!) from the scar at all. I have the scar, the numb area above it, and just above the numb area is where the pain is. The osteopath thinks it's the ligaments - and that things are still going back into place. Although she thinks it's possible that things may have dropped a bit too far, and if I've still got this pain in a month that I should see a doctor and possibly get some physio. My belly is kind of box-shaped now, whereas before it was round - is it the same for you?
Btw, I'm taking the twins for osteopathy!! I've only done one so far - DS - as he was squashed inside and more unsettled, and had wind problems as well. She observed a lot of tension in his neck, and think it's really helped him settle and become relaxed. Obviously it wouldn't solve all Simon's issues, but it may help a little. I think for babies it's called cranial osteopathy as they mainly work on the head. Maybe worth a try? Amazing that you are already thinking of weaning!! Time is really flying by - my babies seem so big already too!
espoir

Postby Constance » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:16 am

Espoir - hope you can have it sorted out soon. My belly is still round, but I do have this square fold where my previous c section scar is - it used to be tiny and flat but got stretched during my last pregnancy, so it looks a bit funny now, though it is shrinking back very slowly (my new scar is about an inch under the old one, which is very very low, I would have preferred it higher than the old one).

I was thinking of taking Simon as well, especially that they used forceps to get him out of me - why on earth would anyone need forceps for c section delivery???? I'll make an appointment as soon as I can - my builders are coming back on Monday to knock through to the garage - they have to do some extra building to make the walls strong because the part of the wall where the door is going is holding the front upstairs wall! Not really looking forward to mess again but they say they will be finished by Friday (we shall see...).

We're off to look at the photos of Simon taken earlier this week - we go to this great photographer, very talented with babies and children, so I'm looking forward to it. Daniel had all his pictures done there many times and it cost us a fortune, but we still go as the guy is amazing.

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi everyone x

Constance can't believe Simon is 4 months already? I don't know where the time is going? I think thinks change all the time with regards to everything you also get different advice on how to do it my sister has been told You give meals straight away you make just no salt added?!? Chilli, sunday dinner.. Not starting with baby rice and fruit puree's!! (obviously the meals blended). I need to see my Hv to ask about weaning see what she says lol.. xx

Espoir it sounds like you are seeing the rewards from osteopathy I wish I had done it with caedan although I still could lol.. Xx

We booked a holiday with all my family sooo looking forward to it! Going to Cornwall.. It's going to be busy with with my 3 nieces and my boys!!! My DS starts nursery this week which he is soo looking forward too, although he's woke up with a barky cough this morning so hope he's ok in the morning. We've dosed him up so fingers crossed he'll wake up fine?!? Xxx
IVF #1March 09 BFN- short protocol IVF #2 long protocol BFP- 24/8/09 My miracle boy born 8/5/10- 2 blasts in the freezer!
Awaiting next af to start Ivf #3 natural BFP 9.8.12 (shock????) no heartbeat mmc at 10weeks 21.9.12 x
Another natural miracle BFP 21.11.12?! (8 weeks after my erpc) x another miracle boy born 14.7.13 x
Sazwell

Postby anne » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:42 am

Sorry for being MIA - that's just life with 3 children! But I am loving it! It has been lovely to hear how you are all doing. Sorry no time for personals so I will just do a quick update.
Lara is almost 3 months already and is doing great! She is such a contented baby except when her belly is bothering her. She still has a touch of reflux but the meds didn't help - she just spat them out or stopped drinking! She is generally sleeping well & we are in a good routine with her big brothers. They adore her too!
Hope you are all well!
Anne x

anne

Postby Sazwell » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Ahhh lovely to hear from you Ann sounds like Lara doing well and it's so lovely that your boys adore her! It's lovely to see them together, Ellis is amazing with his little brother and so loving xx

Having a tough time with illnesses :-( Ellis's barky cough turned out to be Croupe and ended up at the hospital and he needed steroids as he was having trouble breathing. Now caedan has a horrible virus (bronchilitus) he can't breath with cold, coughing and he just needs lots of cuddles, it's been especially bad the last few day and obviously we just have to ride it out!!! Still looking forward to our holiday on Saturday xxx

Hope everyone Els is ok? Xxx
Sazwell

Postby caleta10 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:04 pm

Ladies and babies!

I am so sorry for being AWOL. My lap top decided to break and I've found reading and catching up too fiddly on my phone. However, I'm now back at work (BOOOOOO), but have had time to read the thread and hear all your wonderful news. Huge congratulations to all.

I can't believe there's now a June 2014 thread... !

James is doing well, now weighs 14lbs 5oz at 3 months old. I spent most of September introducing the bottle for a couple of feeds a day and the last fortnight introducing formula via bottle too. Well lo and behold, 3 days before I was due back to work he made me redundant! Apparently my brother did the same, but he basically worked out he can get more food for less effort from a bottle and has turned away from me ever since. It was an odd feeling, slightly sad but actually hugely practical as it means I'm not sitting at my desk leaking!

How is everyone else getting on? Anyone got babies sleeping through?!

Constance - yes, I will be insisting on planned C sect next time, no best of both for me again!
Espoir - I still have that numb feeling by my tummy scar too. Some days it's more numb than others. And a nice over hang :lol:
caleta10

Postby Constance » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:49 am

Hi ladies and babies

Wow, Caleta - why are you back to work already??? No sign of sleeping through here, I'm afraid, I'm not surprised though, I always have to have it the hard way... Simon sleeps from 7 till 7, with breaks for milk, at 10 pm and around 3 am and then at 6, but he also keeps waking up repeatedly between 3am till morning for his dummy. Some nights are better and he maybe shouts for it once, but some are bad - last night I lost count at 6 times...

We have some news though - he managed to turn over on Thursday and keeps doing it all the time now. :) Unfortunately he hates tummy time, so the moment he turns he starts screaming, but it still does not stop him trying again and again, and the moment I put him back on his back he is doing it again! lol

He also dribbles a bit and keeps putting his hands in his mouth - not sure whether it's teething only or a sign that he wants food...

Sarah - how are your boys - are they better now? We've been lucky so far, just a bit of a runny nose...

Anne - nice to hear from you, hope Lara will grow out of her reflux soon.

Espoir - how are you and how are your babies???

It's very quiet here, everyone really busy with their little ones...

We've finished our garage conversion - it took 2 months rather than 2 weeks :shock: , though the room still needs decorating and painting and carpeting.... We have met some decent builders in the meantime though and they are starting our lounge today - taking the wallpaper off, re-boarding the ceiling and replastering the whole lot. I'm really excited now as we are past half way through the house...

It looks like summer is suddenly over - and it was such a lovely day yesterday... I really don't want to think about the darkness which is going to surround us for the next 6 months - I hate winters....

How is everyone?

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi everyone x

Caleta lovely to hear from you honey sounds like James is doing amazing!! Double Boooooo to going back to work!!! What do you do? It is good that he's not causing you problems although he made you redundant :-( hope work isn't too bad xxx

Constance fantastic the garage conversion is done!! Yay.. Bet it's amazing! Wow bless little Simon rolling over what a clever boy. Ellis is a lot better although he still coughing and Caedan is still coughing a lot, a lot worse through the night which I feel has totally messed his good sleeping through the night as I am having to get him out as he coughing so much it's horrible then like you spending most the night putting his dummy back in!!!!nightmare xxx

Hope everyone else is ok?

We are on holiday at the moment with my mum, dad, sis, bil and all the girls we are having a lovely time apart from caedan not being well.. I am starting to wonder of its asthma? We have it in our family and along with all his other allergies? Caedan is such a happy and content baby, very laid back. He is so alert and is starting to grab for things and hold onto them. The time is going so fast already can't believe it :-( xxx
Sazwell

Postby espoir » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:29 am

Hello ladies, I typed and lost my message last night :-( so just a quick update now! All doing well - babies have started smiling and sleeping through the night :-) Getting an uninterrupted night's sleep makes such a difference!

Just wondering if any of your babies are suffering from cradle cap? Both mine have it pretty bad - I use oil and then comb to dislodge, but there's so much of it that doubt I'll get rid. Is it something you have to do regularly? Or should a few times work?

Will do personals again soon I hope! But glad to read things are going ok for everyone!
espoir

Postby sammykins » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:22 pm

crashing for espoir - my HV told me oil is the worst thing to use for craddle cap, as basically cradle cap is an excess of oil already (sebum I believe). I was told to use Dentinox shampoo or Savlon. xx

sammykins

Postby espoir » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Thanks Sammi - didn't realise that! Would prefer to try something natural - have read of baking powder, so may give that a go...

Btw ladies, just happened to click on the first page of this thread, and Constance, you had just posted the first post around this time!!! Wow, hard to believe it's one year ago that we were all getting our BFPs. I think at this stage I was hoping AF was going to hold off long enough for me to be able to start a cycle - those dates are engraved in my mind!!!!
espoir

Postby Constance » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:43 am

Yes, I remember - I discovered it during the first week of October... Mostly remember being terrified that I was going to put on weight - I was size 10/12 at the time. And I was right - I put on about 5 stones! :oops: I'm fighting to get back to that size before I go back to work in April. Hope I'll get close to that at least.
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby espoir » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:18 am

I don't drink coffee, so am getting my caffeine fix from chocolate.....my belly is back being bigger than my boobs :-( Quickly re-gained the weight I'd lost post-birth once I stopped expressing. Forgot to get Met at check-up :-( What are you doing to lose the weight? I'm too tired and have no time to do anything!
espoir

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood