Babies due Jun & Jul 2013

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: Babies due Jun & Jul 2013

Postby Constance » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:24 am

Hi Sarah

Well, you know now we are not having great nights due to his blocked nose...lol Otherwise he seems to be ok, most of the time... I've started giving him the other 2 things the private paed told me to give him (I've been ignoring her so far, till the blocked nose happened) - some allergy drops, which I add to his milk and a food supplement of "friendly bacteria", again added to his milk to re-balance his stomach/gut. She told me to get these straight away when we changed milk but I just ignored her, lol, during the second visit she was not amused and said that they were important. These are meds from a Polish pharmacy (paed and me are both Polish) and I'm not sure they are available here... They get a lot of German made drugs in Poland and the guidance is different there as well, they are not allowed to ignore CMPi signs and they give the Pepti milk to every premature baby.... Also, they recommend giving formula fed babies vit D, so I got that as well some time ago. Well, I'm not saying that NHS is great there, lol, it is not really, but people pay for the drugs and formula so the doctors do recommend what's needed! Here it tends to be all about the cost to the state not about the wellbeing of the baby...

How long have you been diary free??? - it takes up to 4, or even 6 weeks to see the difference, and the skin problems are supposed to go last. Simon was not straight forward with his symptoms as well, and still suffered after the change of milk to pepti and then less when we changed to nutramigen, he is still not 100% but I allow for some colic, etc. I wish I went with the "friendly bacteria" thing straight away, but I was too overwhelmed to go looking for foreign drugs (been in this county for 18 years now, so I'm quite immune to foreign influences, even though I'm foreign, lol. I consider this country to be my home, would never move back, so Polish means foreign to me... Anyway, enough with the patriotic notes, lol.) The food supplement with friendly bacteria is called Dicofloor and it comes in drops or capsules, I've just googled it and it does come up, so have a look if you are interested - it may help Ceadan.

Hope it helps, it's great we can share info, hopefully our little ones will grow out of it asap.

By the way, I want to try to be diary free for a while to see what it does to my weight loss...

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:14 am

Hi Constance
I'll definately look at the friendly bacteria, I could also do with the nose drops too his nose has been bad since he was 2 weeks old!! I thought it was a cold? It really annoys him..
I've been dairy free for 3 weeks now but we had the set back with the soya so then soya free for over a week! I think I'm getting to grips with it now and the booklet that the dietician gave me has really helped.
I can see some improvements and his colicky symptoms was a little better last night? As they have been herrendous although as I've already said without the crying.
How's the work on the house going? Bet you can't wait till its all done!
Caedans got his 8week check and his immunisations today, it never bothered Ellis after so hope Caedans just going to shrug them off as my sisters girls had a hard time after theirs crying for hrs! Xxx

Hope everyone else is ok? how are all the babies doing? Xx
Diagnosed PCOS 1998 - 2 rounds of clomid no o'v
150mg Clomid ov miracle BFP- Sept 08, Eptopic Oct 08
IVF #1March 09 BFN- short protocol IVF #2 long protocol BFP- 24/8/09 My miracle boy born 8/5/10- 2 blasts in the freezer!
May '12 FET 14.5.12 BFN 22.5.12
Awaiting next af to start Ivf #3 natural BFP 9.8.12 (shock????) no heartbeat mmc at 10weeks 21.9.12 x
Another natural miracle BFP 21.11.12?! (8 weeks after my erpc) x another miracle boy born 14.7.13 x
Sazwell

Postby Constance » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:04 am

Simon had his 12 weeks jabs this week and he was completely fine, all smiles and happiness. lol Hope Caedans was ok?

Well, I must say after all my hard work to get rid of Simon's blocked nose wakings we had 3 normal nights. He is in his room though till early morning hours (he gets lonely then) with the humidifier on, raised mattress in his cot, some Karvol drops sometimes and I'm giving him his allergy drops, as advised by the paed (we can only do a course of max 14 days). Yesterday DH looked at S's milk intake (we still keep records) and he has upped his milk really a lot since we started giving him Dicoflor, after almost no change for over 2 months (or a very little change). I wish I had more brains and gave it to him when I was told to!

Work on our garage conversion, which supposed to have lasted 2 weeks is still ongoing after a month... :roll: most of it is done though, the bathroom is tiled and just needs the taps, basin, toilet, etc, etc connected and put in place, the room is plastered on 3 walls, the windows are in. The door to the house in not knocked through though as there is a crack that the builders don't like in the wall there and they have been waiting for a structural engineer to see it for the last 3 weeks - he is coming on Tuesday and will advise how to proceed with the door hole. I'm hoping they will hurry up then and finish the lot because I'm desperate to have my living room done before Christmas, we've already ordered the fireplace and I really want a carpet there (old laminate is there now) for Simon to be able to crawl across, lol... When that's done we will have our bedroom with on suite bathroom and Daniel's bedroom to do, and then the hall and stairs last. I really wanted the bedrooms done before Xmas as well, but I don't think it will happen. :cry:

How are you ladies and babies? Yelowyaz - how did it go? Sara - you promised us an update, how are you? Ann - does your little one still have reflux? How is everyone doing???

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby SamanthaJo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:41 am

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well. It's gone so quiet on here hasn't it?

Constance glad the meter got moved ok, but sorry to hear about your other problems. I bet you'll be so pleased when it's finished.

Glad Simon is doing better and his jabs went well. I'm a bit worried about Scarlett's. Some people have said that their babies have been grizzly for ages after!

Sazwell glad to hear you are getting on well with your dairy free diet. I need to try a chocolate free one! :lol: How did Caedan's check up go?

As for me Scarlett is still packing on the weight. She weighed in at 11lb 14oz this week! We went for our first little break away last weekend to Hustanton with some friends. It's only an hour away from us and Neil's parents have a very nice caravan there, so we decided to take advantage as it's the only type of holiday we'll have this year with having to build the new house.

We're off to Colchester today to stay at our friends for the night and then we have my friend's baby's christening on Sunday (The one who was born same time as Scarlett)so really looking forward to that.

What is everyone else's plans for the weekend?

xxxx

p.s finally got my tracker put on here, been trying unsuccessfully for ages lol!
Samantha

ImageImage
SamanthaJo

Postby Constance » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:28 pm

SamJo - she may be ok, you never know. Both my boys were fine, Daniel slept through the day after his first one but not after the rest of them - he was completely fine, like nothing happened. Simon got a shot of Calpol after the first one and was ok later.

How is your build progressing - what have you done so far? I'd love to build my own house, not possible in London though... :cry:

I love Hunstanton - we've been there a few times, though it's a bit further for us. The camp we stay is called Searles, not sure if there is another one - I love all the ducks running around there, lol. We go through a lot of bread. :) The promenade is great as well...

Have a nice weekend and christening (wow, some people are so organised to have it so quickly!).

DH and Daniel are off to Duxford air show tomorrow, and I'm staying home with Simon. Daniel loves planes - this will be his second show. :roll: He also goes to the RAF museum regularly, since he was 1.5 years old. I hope all this is for a reason and I will have a pilot at home one day, lol. I try and avoid taking him to steam train sites as he then says he wants to be a steam train driver - what kind of future this profession has??? lol,lol,lol

Have a nice weekend ladies

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi everyone x

Constance Caedans was absolutely fine after his injections thank goodness!! Hope Daniel enjoyed the air show.. Hope you do get a pilot that would be fantastic!! Xx

Samjo glad Scarlett doing so well!! Hope you had a great weekend seeing friends and the christening xx

Hope everyone else is ok? Xx
IVF #1March 09 BFN- short protocol IVF #2 long protocol BFP- 24/8/09 My miracle boy born 8/5/10- 2 blasts in the freezer!
Awaiting next af to start Ivf #3 natural BFP 9.8.12 (shock????) no heartbeat mmc at 10weeks 21.9.12 x
Another natural miracle BFP 21.11.12?! (8 weeks after my erpc) x another miracle boy born 14.7.13 x
Sazwell

Postby SamanthaJo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi ladies and babies,

Constance I know what's you mean about being organised! We're going to have a naming day but not going to attempt it until next year. After having her baby (by c-section) my friend finished building her house, moved her family in (she has 3 other children) and booked the christening. Her hubby broke his ankle at the same time too. I don't know how she does it, she puts me to shame lol!

Regarding Hunstanton Neil's parents caravan is in Manor park which is right next door to Searles. They have just put a new pub/restaurant right opposite the parks. It's a chain place a bit like Smith and Jones but the food was nice and makes a change to fish and chips.

How did Daniel get on at Duxford? I haven't been since I was a little girl but remember it being very good especially the red arrows! You never know he may become a pilot. :)

We're nearly ready for the roof to go on the house so should be all roofed in by end of September which will be great as then can get windows in before the bad weather hits. It's taken us so long to get to this point after all the initial setbacks but really pleased we're at this stage.

Sandwell glad Caedan got on well. How was your weekend?

As for me the Christening was lovely and we had a nice time visiting our friends in Colchester the day before. Only downside is Scarlett had caught a cold poor baby. She slept all day yesterday only waking for feeds. I went to get her some calpol but found out she can't have it before she's had her jabs. Anyone know why?

Just bought her one of those nasal pump things to try and clear her nose. Hope it works!

How is everyone else doing?

XxX
Samantha

ImageImage
SamanthaJo

Postby Sazwell » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Samjo glad you had a nice time at the christening, sorry to hear Scarlett has a cold! Bless her.. Thinks its doing it's rounds here, my sisters girls all has it last week I kept away lol.. Not heard about not having calpol before injections? I know it says for 2 months + but I prob would still give it if I though ds needed it! I was told though when my ds1 had his 8 week jabs they recommend giving calpol, this time they told me not to give it unless really desperate as it reacts with the injection??? Things change all the time I can't keep up lol.. I'd just go with what you think Hun!?! By the way Caedan weighed 12lb last wednesday at 7+3 weeks lol!! He a big boy too.. Xxx

Constance I've just had a letter through to make an appointment for the dietician. Are you going to try dairy free? I think you find foods you can eat fairly quickly and stick to them lol.. I'm not finding it too bad although having to check everything is a nightmare, oh and not being able to eat cakes when I go for a coffee with my mum (which we seem to be doing a lot) especially as still bf'ing !!! I think all joking aside I could stick to it after.. Couple of peole have said I looked like I'd lost some weight! I'd definately give it a go! Have you been back to Weight Watchers? Xxx

Afm can't believe my little man was 8 weeks old on Sunday :-( its going so fast and enjoying him so much he is so happy and smilely! This time round I've made sure I'm taking loads of photos as looking back don't feel like I've got a lot of Ellis? Don't think I was in the right frame of mind.. I see my nan and grandad at least once a week and Ellis has such an amazing relationship with them.. I find myself taking lots of photos as my grandad is 90 years old next May although you wouldn't think it I want to cherish every moment we spend together especially with their Great-Grandsons!! My grandad any Ellis love to spend time gardening I love seeing them together!!
Also on chickenpox watch.. Can't remember if I said but when I went to Caedans appointment which the waiting area of A&E at our children's hospital a women came in and told her granddaughter to go and play where Ds1 was playing, then her daughter came over and said you might want to keep away from her (her daughter, the first ladies grandaughter!, sorry if i'm not making sense?) she's got chickenpox??? Why her grandmother told her to go and play, knowing that? Anyway Ds has 2 bumpy red spots on his face today? So I'll have to see what happen, I know it's best to get it out the way when they young but at the minute got enough with waking 1/2 times a night!!! Sorry think I've rambled on tonight ;-) xxx
Sazwell

Postby Constance » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi ladies and babies

Samantha - it sounds like you are progressing well with your house - when did you start? when are you hoping to move in?

My garage conversion would have been finished by now if they did not find the crack in the wall where the door is going to be, the structural engineer was here yesterday and he will recommend a course of action - some bits of the wall will have to be replaced, etc. It is going to cost us extra and take extra time. I'm hoping though they will start doing it and finish quickly. The bathroom inside the garage is almost finished... It's not the end of trouble though, we are doing our living room as soon as this is finished!

I'm glad the camps in Hunstanton have a new restaurant nearby - the fish and chips place in the camp is really bad, we went a few times and it never improves - I think they re-fry the chips as some of them are rock hard. I call them crystallised chips, lol!

Daniel loved Duxford air show - he brought some goddies home and now cannot stop talking about it. I'm really looking forward to his school starting on Monday.... a bit of peace and quiet for me and Simon, lol.

Sarah - I'm doing dairy free week this week, though yesterday I ate a cookie made with butter and only realised when it was almost gone... lol. I'm not back to Slimming World yet, I'm trying the new 5:2 diet and I really like it (5 normal days and 2 of 500 cal per day days in a week). I lost 3kg during the first month and now I'm stuck last 2 weeks so I'm getting frustrated - perhaps it's not going to work for me... but I really hope it will if I'm not too naughty on the other days, plus I'm learning to control my food intake myself, rather than have rules set by somebody else. I can see benefits of doing it myself, however, if I cannot control myself then I will have to abandon the diet and go back to SW. :cry:

He might just be ok with his chickenpox, and not even notice much at this stage - good luck! Normally people with chicken pox are asked to stay away from surgeries and hospitals - it may be ok for little ones to catch it, but if an elderly person with poor health gets it - it can be a problem!

Hope everyone is ok?

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:55 pm

Constance it is hard to remember and check everything for dairy I think I'm so good at checking as I know it may affect Caedan but if I was just doing it I would be eating all sorts lol..
The chickenpox was a false alarm.. Spots were a no show lol.. Think it's just that I'm expecting them although my Ellis is a tuff cookie!!!! xxx
Sazwell

Postby Constance » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Sarah - day number 3 of my dairy free week - omg, what can I possibly have as a treat/ snack??? Just had some dark chocolate - yuk! I'm glad I'm doing it as I will have an idea what my baby will be able to have when he has food - and I feel sorry for him already - no yogurts or custard or cakes or biscuits. I wonder what they will give him to eat in the nursery???
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby espoir » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi ladies, have been reading but not much time for posting. Constance, wow, your knowledge on CMPi is impressive and am sure it will be beneficial to lots of Mums here and elsewhere...but mostly I'm glad that Simon is experiencing the benefits of it! Is it something that he's going to grow out of? Hopefully the bacteria will help - I do think that Eastern European countries have a more holistic approach to medicine, and you're right treatment can vary vastly when cost is not a factor! Good on you for starting to diet. I need to really watch what I'm eating now I'm no longer expressing - but am not very motivated :roll: Dark chocolate is my downfall - even OH has said I need to cut back. I was hoping to get out walking with the twins but now the weather has changed that has scuppered those plans!

Saz, glad to hear that Caedan is also doing better. Have the bloody nappies finished?

Samjo, hope Scarlett is feeling better. I've never used a nasal pump - does it work? Is that her in the photo on your signature? - she looks adorable :-)

As for us, the babies are growing well - especially my little man, who is a mini-giant!!! Think he's going to be very tall. They are both mainly feeding and eating still, although becoming more alert. We still have to wake once during the night for a feed, although we're hoping that may be on its way out! The babies were quite synchronized til recently, but as they are different weights they have different needs, so they are less synchronized now, which has its good and bad points. I'd like to have more of a routine as I did with DS1, but this month is so hectic that it seems pointless trying to attempt it. Also need to get OH on board, as he favours a quiet life over routine! Time is passing by so quick, and I feel I don't have a lot of time with these babies. It does feel great having two - although it's twice as much work, there is also twice as much joy and pleasure. I'd almost be tempted to have a 4th except we can't afford it, and I don't think I could cope being pregnant again! I've started going out for walks and to the shops alone with the twins, but I find it rather awkward, as I'm quite shy, and people are always (obviously) looking, and sometimes commenting - and I'm finding that I'm either going round with a smug "yes it's twins" look, which I don't like, or else am just avoiding people's look, which I don't like either....is your sister having this Saz? - does it bother her?

I still have this weird abdominal pain, above the numb area - apparently its intestinal related. I'm still going for osteopathy, as I have some hip/tendon pain (no surprise!) and trying to solve the intestine issue as well but am wondering if I need to see a doctor about it. Or is it normal, just nerve damage? It's kind of a burning type pain and that area is sensitive to touch, even a light brushing...anyone else have this? I also suspect (unsurprisingly) that I have a large muscle separation, so am going to do some exercises to help that (well, I will TRY!!!!!).

Hope everyone else doing well xx
espoir

Postby yellowyaz » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi all

Congratulations on the safe arrival of all of your babies
Zachary was born on 2nd July he was an elective c-section, my blood flow to the placenta had dropped so when I had a scan the day before try admitted there and then and I had some steroid shots and he was born he following morning
He was stuck even though I didn't go into labour so it required forceps in the c-section, he was in shock and had some resuss before we saw him
He was in neonatal for a week due to hypothermia and lo blood sugars, he developed severe jaundice and was on two lamps and a feeding tube
He then was an extremely sleepy baby for the first 6 weeks, I didn't produce breast milk due to severe pcos, so I take domperidone and mix feed, he also had three hearing tests and only passed his at 6 weeks old
He had a tongue tie so we had to get that reversed and he is still seen as an outpatient in the hospital
So we have been busy running up and down as I was kicked out of hospital after 2 days in there even though he was still in and I could barely walk from the c-section
But, he is 10 weeks old and has gone from 7lbs to nearly 11lbs and he is doing well now
He had reflux from 6 was old so was vomiting after every feed and projectile vomiting in the evening so dropped a bit of weight, we were on infant gaviscon but that wasn't enough so have been changed to anti reflux formula which seems to be working, he has chronic constipation and cries in pain with it though

he has lactulose twice a day and cool boiled water in between feeds, with suppositories when it is compacted which fortunately has only been twice and he is now on the 9th centile, and gradually gaining : )
So we are getting there : )
Diagnosed PCOS 2001
Oxford
1st IUI Sep 09 BFN
2nd IUI Nov 09 BFN
3rd IUI Feb 11 BFN
LWC
4th IUI Feb 12 BFN
5th IUI Mar 12 BFN
6th IUI Apr 12 BFN
Lister Clinic
Pos NK cells - steroids, intralipids, prontogest
1st IVF Aug 12 Cancelled - poor response
2nd IVF BFP!!!

yellowyaz

Postby Sazwell » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Espoir glad the babies are doing well!! My sister gets lots of people looking and talking to her when they see the twins!! She's pretty outgoing and thinks she quite likes the attention lol.. Glad you getting out and about as its difficult sometimes with one let alone 2 and a toddler! Xxx

Yellowyaz yay congratulations honey!!! Sorry you had a time of it but sounds like Zachary doing really well, we've all been thinking of you and wondered how you were getting on xxx

Hope everyone else is ok? Xxx
Sazwell

Postby Constance » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:30 am

Congratulations, Yellowyaz - your little man has been through a lot! I hope he will continue to grow and will grow out of all the problems quickly. Children tend to grow out of all the problems and leave us with just tales to tell (and they don't even believe it when we tell them they never slept at night, etc! lol). You've had an eventful pregnancy and eventful birth, but hopefully things will settle down now and you'll enjoy being a mummy - do you get any smiles yet?

We have some ear problems as well - Simon had 5 or 6 tests done and his right ear shows up as moderate to high hearing loss, while the left one is completely ok. I guess we are so lucky the other ear is ok, we were told there will be no impact on his speech or learning because he has one good ear. They have not found the problem yet though and we will be asked to come for more tests...

Espoir - most of the babies grow out of CMPI but some don't... right now I am hoping he is growing out of it as I type this... It sounds like your twins give you less trouble than Simon, on his own, gives me. His nights are not as good as they were before, he keeps waking every hour and I have to walk all the way to his bedroom to give him his dummy. He takes 2 feeds a night now, they are only small feeds of 40ml or so, but he still asks for them and tries his luck more times in between, lol. I'm hoping he will grow out of this phase quickly. It does not help that his nose still gets blocked up at night a bit.

Daniel is starting his school on Monday, so we will have another job to do twice a day - walking him there and back, no matter what weather. I must say I'm not looking forward to it, though I am looking forward to getting rid of the chatty, full of energy, company craving, noisy person for a few hours each day, yay! I hope the school will satisfy his needs for friends and activities... :) He is such a sociable little boy - a playground is nothing for him if there is nobody to share it with, lol.

Hope everyone else is ok? Sara - we've never heard from you, how are you and your little girl?

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood