Babies due October, November, December 2011

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby scoobyd00 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:04 pm

Congratulations to all the new arrivals and glad to hear that those who were in hospital are now at home.

Our new baby boy arrived 8 days late on 15 dec. Freddie came out weighing in at 8lb 2oz after a natural delivery and we were home 6 hours later.
scoobyd00

Postby georgie76 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:20 pm

Congratulations to all the new mums. xxxxx

Bloomy - How are you doing, is bubs still hanging in there? Hope your cold is better now. x
Diagnosed PCOS in 1996
TTC number 2 since 2005
Surprise BFP 8th April. Delivered 26th Nov 2011

georgie76

Postby bloomy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Rosie Louise was born yesterday 8lb 8oz, came home same day. She is perfect. Will share more when I get a spare 5 mims but it was a beautiful birth :D Well done all of us new mummies xxxx
Proud mummy to my two miracles Dylan born Jan 2009 and Rosie born Dec 2011
bloomy

Postby rachy_owl » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Huge congratulations Bloomy and Scoobyd00. Well done mummies and welcome to the world babies!
xxxx
BFP on 8th cycle of clomid following OD
Baby born Dec 2012
TTC baby #2 Feb 2013
rachy_owl

Postby Soooze » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:31 am

KellyJHarris EDD 09/10/2011 - Twin girls born 15/8/11 Lilly Megan Harris 4lb 3oz & Grace Elizabeth Megan Harris 4lb 6.5oz
lisad EDD 19/10/11
Wishing EDD 24/10/11 - Baby Boy Callum born 08/11/11 9lb 14oz
africagirl2011 EDD 30/10 Baby Girl Stella born 17/10 3.3kgs ECS
Debbs EDD 01/11/11 - Twins boy/girl born 5/9/11 Archie 4lb & Lottie 3lb 14
Taurus5 EDD 01/11/11 - Baby Girl - Bethany born 01/11/11 5lb 9.5oz
AshEE86 EDD 11/11/11 - it's a girl!
Daisipoppi EDD 17/11/11 - it's a surprise!
Georgie76 EDD 28/11/11 - Baby boy, Noah born 26/11/11 9lb13oz, NVD.
lololovesyou EDD 28/11/11 - it's a boy!
Nikki1979 EDD 02/12/11 - little boy Alfie born 25/11/11 weighing 8lbs 14
Sooze EDD 03/12/11 - Max James Robinson born via elcs 9.12.11 weighing 8lb 10.5oz
scoobyd00 EDD 07/12/11 - it's a surprise!
Rachy_Owl EDD 06/12/11 - baby girl - Tabitha Hope born 03.12.11 weighing 8 lbs 7 oz
Bloomy EDD 19/12/11 - it's a surprise!
jacjac EDD 25/12/11 - team ginger!

Hi all
Congrats to Bloomy, scooby, jacjac and everyone else! Have we all had our babies now?
I know we're all really busy, but I hope we can keep this thread going as it's really helpful to share tips and experiences as our babies get bigger!

Anyway, Max is doing great - he's a pretty content baby all in all and sleeps as awful lot - much more than his sister ever did! He likes his night feeds though and has us up at least twice every night! bf didn;'t work out for us again, but I'm not nearly as bothered this time, in fact I'm really happy to be sharing the feeds with DH and bottlefeeding is in our comfort zone iykwim. Daisy is adjusting well too, and is playing little games with him when he's awake.
I'm struggling abit with some postnatal niggles - nightsweats, headaches and really bad bleeding which I need to get checked out as it is getting a lot worse not better. But, I haven't suffered much with the baby blues, and feel much much more relaxed this time - here's hoping I can avoid pnd this time around!!

Have a lovely xmas everyone and I hope to hear all about your beautiful babies soon xxx
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d2e24
Diagnosed PCOS 2001. Natural BFP Jun 07. Daisy born 24.2.08.
Ttc #2 since Jan 10. Shock bfp 2/4/11.
Max James Robinson born 9th December 2011 8lb 10.5oz :D
ImageImage
Soooze

hope all are well xxx

Postby lololovesyou » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Hope everyone is doing well and had a good Christmas. Apart from lack of sleep for my husband and me everything with Eddie is good. He is 3 weeks and 2 days today. We took him to get weighed and he is now a whopping 11 pound 2 ounces! I knew he had gained but not quite that much, lol. Still can't quite believe he's here though :-)

A slightly early happy New year to you all xxx
lololovesyou

Postby Soooze » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Oh no! Our thread was on the second page!! Thought I better bump it up!

Hope you are all doing well, its a busy time having a newborn isn't it!

We're doing OK - Max is eating and sleeping well but we can't seem to crack any consistant routine. He knows the difference between night and day though and sleeps well in his moses basket so I can't complain too much. He was struggling with wind, so we changed his bottles to Dr Browns and have had much less crying since which is good! Can't beleive he's 4 weeks already - getting him weighed on weds for the first time in 3 weeks so looking forward to finding out his weight the chunk!
x
ImageImage
Soooze

Postby rachy_owl » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Good plan to give us a bump Sooze.
Glad to hear you're doing well. My husband went back to work last week after 4 weeks off and I was very apprehensive about going it alone, but luckily my family are local and have been an amazing support.
I've been having issues with breast feeding on and off, but have had some good support from the midwives at the unit where I had Tabitha. They suggested on friday that she might be quite windy, which does explain some of her behaviour. Since then we've had 2 really settled nights, which I'm hoping aren't coincidence and are a result of us dealing with her wind better. Fingers crossed!! Previously she'd often be literally awake all night wanting to feed. Exhausting as you can imagine! But we had some attempts at little smiles this morning, which makes it all worthwhile :D
Hope everyone else is doing ok.
Rach x
Baby born Dec 2012
TTC baby #2 Feb 2013
rachy_owl

Postby wishing » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi all mummies and babies!

Callum is 9 weeks today, time is going too quick!
We start a new parent group today, hope that goes well.
Callum is amazing, he is a lovely smey baby who loves to chatter to his mummy and daddy with oohs and ahhs :-)
We have settled in well now to being parents.

Lololovesyou, wow your birth sounds similar to mine! My labour started on the Friday 4th and Callum was finally norm by emergency cesarean on Tuesday 8th November after having excruciating contractions but not progressing. syntocin to speed things up, an epidural that failed to work properly so had it re-sited and that failed then EMCS after getting to 6/7cm.
We then had to stay 4 nights in hospital which I hated!
Callum was a big boy at 9lb 14.8oz too!

I'm still feeding Callum expressed breast milk with formula top ups once a day and he is growing well. You may have seen on another thread the feeding probs we have had, Csllum had reflux and it was a nightmare to begin with but we are getting there and see a paediatrician this week.

Hope you are all well and enjoying motherhood

Wishing and Callum x
TTC since Sep 2008. Diagnosed PCOS 28/04/09
12 cycles clomid August 09 - January 11
July 10 HSG
January 11 Being referred for IVF.
20/02/11 BFP!!! on clomid cycle No 12
17/03/11 early scan :-) saw our teeny tiny baby & heart beat 7+4
19/04/11 dating scan, amazing!!! dated 13+1
20 week scan was amazing :-)
8/11/11 our beautiful baby boy Callum arrived!
wishing

Postby jacjac » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:00 pm

hey ladies!

so its all ok here with us and Cherry. She has taken a month of feeding issues and some tricky times to finally reach her birth weight again. we are 30% breast and 70% formula feeding although a chronic sudden bout of mastitis has shut 'boob one' down for the moment! (no-one told me the flu symptoms you get with it make you feel like you are about to collapse!argh horrible :!: :( )

we are kind of in a routine, kind of. very loose but that suits us. but deary do, the lack of sleep !!! now thats a shock.....

OH back at work although is enjoying some 4 day weeks due to lack of work. us girls are enjoying time together and our daily walks are doing us good. daddy is doing 2 weekend nights to give me some rest.

can i brag a bit? i know you will all hate me but here goes.....i am 3/4 of a stone lighter than i was before i got pregnant now!! diabetes, breast feeding and having to force biscuits down me in the night to keep my sugars up is a bloody bonus to weight loss.

got the 6 week check tomorrow so we will hopefully have C weighed and made it over her birth weight.

thinking of you all - particularly when i am up at 3am and think i am the only mum out there up at that time in the whole world!

love jjxx
crikey - BFP - EDD 25 Dec 2011 but will be deliverd 2-3 wweks early, fingers crossed for an amazing Christmas 2011.
jacjac

Postby georgie76 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:03 pm

JJ- brag away. I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight but don't know how I've done it.
Hope you're feeling better soon from the mastitis.

You're not the only mum up at 3am, Noah still waking up most nights for a feed, he's really awake late evening and sleepy in the mornings but hopefully this will change soon. On thursday and friday night last week he slept from midnigh is to 6 ish which was great but the last two night he's woken up at 4 ish wet on his left side so I might try a different nappy.

Had my post-natal check today, all fine. Being referred to physio for some inco probs :oops: I've been having (most likely due to large baby/quick delivery). GP thinks I should use the implant for contraception. Anyone used it? Haven't thought about contraception for 7 years, seems weird. We haven't decided whether to try for another yet - we'd really like one but don't know if I can put myself through it all again.

Hope you're all doing well xx
Diagnosed PCOS in 1996
TTC number 2 since 2005

georgie76

Postby rachy_owl » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Hello all,

We'd slipped off onto page 2 so thought I'd bump us up the top again.

Really nice to hear how all the mummies and babies are getting on. Sounds like we're all starting to getting to grips with motherhood. Things have definately been more settled here since we've got to grips with the wind issues. Tabitha has been feeding like a milk monster the past week, which has been very tiring as it tends to be late evening and into the early hours that she wants to cluster feed. But the health visitor reckons she's having a big growth spurt, so that would explain things. Tabitha is starting to find her own rhythm of feeds/sleeps in the daytime and the cluster feeding means we often get a 5 hour stretch of sleep at night, so I'm feeling a bit more human. I made the mistake of reading a baby book the other evening and started to doubt myself and feel really crap about not having more of a routine. But at the moment I think I'm just going to follow my instincts and continue as we are. This parenting business is really hard isn't it, knowing what to do for the best.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.
Lots of love xxx
Baby born Dec 2012
TTC baby #2 Feb 2013
rachy_owl

Postby Soooze » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi all!
Just grabbing 5 mins whilst Max is asleep and Daisy is watching Zingzillas!!
Lovely to hear from you all - glad everyone seems to be coping OK!
Everything is going well here and we are starting to get out and about more both during the week (baby clubs, meeting friends etc,) and at the weekends too. He now feels like he is slotting into family life rather than taking it over!!!
Max is still feeding well (guzzling up to 7oz at a time!) and has gone through the night 3 times so far (11pm-6am), but not every night, so still no proper routine!! Have to confess we are now rubbish at getting him to sleep without a bottle/ cuddle or ride in the car/pram. But, I don't see much point in stressing about it yet - I like cuddling him too much lol! I remember a battle at about 4 months with daisy to get her to settle in the cot for a daytime nap - so we'll probably have the same with Max when the time comes :roll:
I'm feeling well too - so far no sign of pnd & I'm really starting to enjoy my time with Max whilst Daisy is at school. Got a couple of child free nights our lined up soon too which is ace!

Wishing - how is Callum's reflux now? Have you seen the pead?
Rachy - Damn those baby books!! They really stressed me out first time around, and this time I have tried to avoid them where possible - they talk about this mythical "average" baby which is usually nothing like my baby!! And don;t even get me started on baby magazines - they are the devil's work lol!!!
Georgie - Any more luck with the sleeping through? It's lovely when they do, and then annoying when they go back to the 4am wake up!
JJ - very jealous on the weight loss. I put on 2 1/2 and have lost 1 1/2 so not too bad - particularly as I lost 10lb before my bfp. So I am already back in pre-preg wardrobe :D
Hi to everyone else too xx
ImageImage
Soooze

Postby taurus5 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi Everyone,
Sorry its been so long since I have posted :oops: - We have spent quite a lot of time in Cornwall with my family and decided that it would be best to move down there Yay!!! I really want Bethany to grow up near the sea and around all her cousins and couldnt be happier that Lawrence has agreed to the move.
Bethany is amazing - she is such a good baby and I love being a Mum. We dont have any real routine - she baths around 7.30pm then will go to bed (in with us) between 10 and 11pm. She wakes up around 5.30am for a feed then will sleep again until 8am. Sometimes we get up at 6am but probably only twice a week!
She is breast fed with one bottle a day top up as I want her to be happy taking a bottle when I go back to work.
Its been nice to catch up on everyone else,
hope you are all ok xxx
taurus5

Postby georgie76 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:04 pm

When are you moving Taurus? How exciting, it's a lovely place to grow up.

Sounds like we're all getting to grips with it all without being too anxious about routines, yay for us and our well-adjustedness :D

Noah is sleeping most nights from midnight to 6 or 7 am so I'm feeling great with that amount of sleep, he then catnaps (30 mins every two hours or so) most of the day til late on, 9pm ish and is then awake until midnight again. He loves his baths and washing and nappy changing and giggles, wriggles and kicks throughout. I'm thinking about starting baby massage classes next week. I haven't joined any groups yet but maybe it's time.

Our only problem at the moment is our teenager, who is sullen and tells lies, but I think that's normal - he could be worse!! I think he may be a little jealous but not able to express it properly.
Diagnosed PCOS in 1996
TTC number 2 since 2005

georgie76

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood