Biting

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Biting

Postby Clarey » Wed May 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi ladies,

I know there have been loads of posts on biting, but they don't seem to cover my exact problem, so I am sorry for posting yet another thread on this!

My LO is 14 months old, and for the last 2 months or so has been biting really badly. He doesn't do it randomly, he does it to show his annoyance/frustration/dislike for something, so when he gets cross, he bites. For example if I need to take him downstairs to change his nappy, he will try to bite me. Also if I have to lift him away from something he isn't allowed to touch (cat bowl etc), he opens his mouth and follows my arm to try to bite me! This happens to any part of my body that is nearest his mouth, he comes at me open mouthed and teeth ready to sink in.

I always tell him "no biting", try to sit him down and tell him that biting hurts, but it seemingly has no effect. I have to admit sometimes I do shout because it blimmin' well hurts and he will keep biting for a good 5 seconds or more, so I know that sometimes he does get a response from me, but that is only when I really can't help it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am assured by nursery that he doesn't do it there, but we went to a playgroup today and he bit a little boy twice who wouldn't let my LO play with the toy he was playing with.

Aarrgghh!!
DS1 born March 09
DS2 born July 11
Clarey

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood