Babies due November 2010

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby ma5alababe » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:20 pm

H All

Yes, my monkey loves scratching, hitting, pulling necklaces/strings and glasses. He has 5 teeth now so it does hurt when he bites !!

He is not crawling, but Im trying to get him to stand (well at least loose the reflex in his feet so both feet are flat on the floor..

Cant believe he will be 1 in around 6 wks !!!! Where has the time flown...

Im due back at work just after his first birthday- Im a little worried about that as not sure how we are going to manage it all...
Metformin, clomid and OD- no response
IVF- March '10 BFP- DS born Nov'10
After 8+ cycles of IVF & FET- DD born June '15

Keep strong and believe in yourself !
ma5alababe

Postby jasmine77 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:49 am

Hi ladies
Rescuing us from the depths of page 3!

How are you all and babies? Well, nearly toddlers now I guess!

Isaac is 1 in a week's time, can't believe how time has flown! I keep thinking "this time last year..." as the date approaches. I remember being too fat and waddly to go anywhere on bonfire night so my sister took my other son out, can't wait to have some fireworks in the garden on Saturday!

He is cruising confidently now and stands from not holding on anything which he just started yesterday. He looks so proud of himself standing up and claps himself lol.

He is into absolutely EVERYTHING! Follows his brother around at all times, I can't take my eyes off him or he is into drawers, cupboards, eating small bits off the carpet etc. My peace time now is the 45 min sleep morning and afternoon!! Which he is having now lol!

I don't get on here much as I work 3 days a week and the other two are spent meeting friends and going out etc. Life is pretty hectic with 2!

Isaac is still eating really well but has started deciding what he wants and how much ie throwing quite a lot around! Its mildly annoying especially when I know he is hungry but I just ignore it and he is normally OK by the next meal time. Its very strange how one day he wolfs something down (like tuna mayo sarnie) then 3 days later its absolutely disgusting and he can't get his hands into his mouth fast enough to pull it out and chuck it away :roll:

Would love to hear how your babies are doing now.

What are your plans for the 1st birthdays? I have got Isaac a ride on toy and a ball popper and we are taking him to soft play in the afternoon as he loves the ball pit and slides etc. It will be nice and quiet with the big kids at school too. Then having a cake and by then it will be bedtime! He goes to bed by 7 and sleeps until 6.30 usually.

He also hits out, pulls hair etc. I just try and be on my guard and tell him no each time. He bit me once while cuddling me and boy it hurt! He has 7 teeth and I felt them all!! I am more wary when he is around his friends as I don't want him to hurt them! A lot of my friends only have the one child Isaac's age and with him having a big brother he is used to rough and tumble a bit more so I have to be careful he is not too rough with his friends! A bit opposite to my other son who was so gentle - until he started school!!

Better go and clean up while he is asleep - its much quicker to sweep the floor without a helper!!!

XXX
Aged 34
PCOS diagnosed age 16
Conceived x2 on Metformin 1500mg and Clomid 100mg
2 x sons (aged 8 and almost 2)
TTC finally over for me!! I have my beautiful family against the odds.
jasmine77

Postby Fauna » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:12 pm

Don't say the 't' word! He's still a baby. I can't think about him being a toddler.

All is good here. Samuel is still walking around the furniture but hasn't worked out walking independently yet. He also eats stuff off the carpet and I have to stop him fast. I went to the loo the other day and when I came out he had found an earring I had lost ages ago and was just about to have a munch on it. I don't know how he had found it as I had been looking for it for months.

I work four days, three in the office and one from home. It seems to be going well and I'm happy with the way Samuel is settling in to nursery. I still meet up with my friends I made when we were all pregnant regularly.

He has only recently started to be interested in eating much and I can see how much his appetite has suddenly increased. He does like to take things in and out of his mouth and examine them and make a right mess. He seems to like most things I give him. When he was a bit run down the other week he ate practically nothing for weeks but it didn't seem to affect him.

For his birthday we are having a party in between all the babies birthdays with some nice food and a play, we've hired a room that has a small ball pool and things so they should enjoy that. Then on his actual birthday I am just having both sets of grandparents round for some tea and cakes. We might just take him to softplay in the morning or for a walk to feed the ducks, depending on the weather. I have spent very little on a few toys as I think we will have lots of gifts and there is just nothing he needs, I'd rather put some money aside for when he is older and wants expensive stuff.

Hope everyone is well x
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

On the TTC rollercoaster again since March 2012. No treatment yet, losing weight first.

Beautiful DS born November 2010!

TTC since February 2008
PCOS diagnosed in 1992
BFP 05/03/10!
Fauna

Postby Tinker » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:54 am

Hi Everyone,

Another one who can't believe Joel is going to 1 in a few weeks time. He is also into everything and climbing wherever he can. Cruising around on furniture and with a walker but no where near doing it on his own yet. Has just started to get a bit jealous when I cuddle Toby!!! Not good when another one is on the way hoping it is a short phase.

Eating most things but a few weeks a go I would have said everything now he sometimes throws things on the floor if he doesn't fancy them :roll: . A real little character though I love it.

He is fine going to Grannys and Nannies now I have started back at work but my mum has just been diagnosed with bone cancer and has a really bad hip so can hardly walk so things are little up and down on that front.

Would definitely prefer to be a SAHM but simply can't afford it so 3 days is a good compromise and I only have another 6 months before I will be off again.

Haven't planned anything for his birthday yet but will probably do a tea party at home with a few friends and family.

Ma5alababe - Really sorry to hear your news hope everything goes okay and you can enjoy your LO until you can move on - thinking of you.

Tinker
Starting 1st cycle of IVF December 07 - BFP Feb 1st
Toby George born 24.09.08
TTC no.2 since April 09
IVF 2 - BFP 16/3/10 - Joel Jacob born 26.11.10
Tinker

Postby ma5alababe » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi All

The revival of this thread has really made me happy and let me focus on DS.

Cant believe that DS will be 1 soon, where has the yr gone. He is not crawling or walking which I am really concerned about. He starts nursery next week and I worry that he will just get stuck in the corner and all the other kids will steel his toys !!

I go back to work in just over 2 wks time on a Full time basis. The plan is to send DS to nursery 3 days a week, grandmas 1 day and have nanny in the house one day. I expect to be shattered but will just have to see how I get on.

We have a big birthday party planed for his actual birthday, which I now need to sort out..

Well Ive had a very stressful week- I had an eptopic pregnancy which I had removed last night, now back home trying to recover physically and emotionally. Next weeks challenge is settle in at nursery and then I need to psych myself up to return to work.....

But looking back at the last year brings a smile on my face and reminds me of the reason I keep going

ma5alababe

Postby jasmine77 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:46 am

Oh Ma5ala - hugs to you XX I didn't know you had had an ectopic, really sorry to hear that. I hope you recover well and take comfort from your lovely boy in the next few days.

I bet once DS is at nursery you will see a difference in him, it often makes babies come on with crawling etc as they watch the other babies and think I can do that! I am sure the staff won't let him just sit in a corner - and even if he does take some time to crawl/cruise he will be getting enjoyment from watching the other kids. Isaac loves sitting and watching the big kids at play areas, it always takes him a little time to decide to join in.

I am really enjoying reading the updates, and glad to hear all babies are doing well. Isaac is just getting over a horrid cold/high temp bug and was really not himself on Wednesday/Thursday. I was up most of the night on Wed and my mum had him yesterday so he didn't have to go to nursery and I felt like a zombie at work! Much better night last night though so hoping he is on the mend.

I hope all the parties go to plan, would love to see some photos of your 1 year olds! I need to remember how to upload them again!

Take care everyone
x
Aged 34
PCOS diagnosed age 16
Conceived x2 on Metformin 1500mg and Clomid 100mg
2 x sons (aged 8 and almost 2)
TTC finally over for me!! I have my beautiful family against the odds.
jasmine77

Postby nangee » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:33 pm

hello everyone,

ma5alababe- so sorry to hear about your eptopic pregnancy hope you are being looked after well- big hugs to you!!!

I can't believe that a year has gone by!! Dinesh was one yesterday!! we had a lovely day just chilled out at home with my brother and then had a little tea party in the evening with my mum and a few of my friends with there little ones!! then have got my dad and sister coming for the weekend and going to bonfire night tomorrow!! I found it rather emotional dinesh turning 1!!! It has gone so fast.

Well Dinesh is still causing chaos in my life but i love it he is toddling around everywhere which means that he just seems to pull more things out of cupboards and off sides and knowing that he is doing stuff as he half looks at you to wait to be told no!!!

How is everyone getting on with teeth?? Dinesh still hasn't got any :lol: so he is my little gummy bear! but am dreading them all coming through at once!!

going to try and upload a few piccies

[/img]Image
On holiday

[img][img]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af246/nangee/spainandbirthday2011225.jpg[/img]
birthday cake

[/img]Image
on his birthday

would be lovely to see some piccies of all your little ones and hear some more updates!!
stacey xx
ImageImage
nangee

Postby nangee » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:34 pm

oops sorry they are all so massive!!! xx
ImageImage
nangee

Postby nangee » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:45 pm

hello

ladies how are you all? just a quick question what are you all getting your little ones for Christmas my house seems so full of all the bits that he got for his birthday and have no idea what to get him for christmas so any ideas would be great!!

hope you are all doing ok, would be lovely to see some updated piccies

nangee xx
ImageImage
nangee

Postby Fauna » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:48 pm

He is gorgeous Nangee, not sure how I missed the photos before, couldn't you just eat him? Love the one of him on holiday. Here is my baby taken on Saturday.

I am just doing practical things like a hat, gloves, sleeping bag, some small toys and books. No big present as he doesn't need anything and I'll save the money until he does want more expensive things!

On the TTC rollercoaster again since March 2012. No treatment yet, losing weight first.

TTC since February 2008
PCOS diagnosed in 1992
BFP 05/03/10!
Fauna

Postby ma5alababe » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Lovely pics of that not so little babies !!!.....

We haven't bought our Son a birthday present let alone a Christmas one yet... He has got so many things for his birthday that he really doesn't need anything else just right now. Also, like Fauna i'd rather save up for when he is older and asks for stuff...

It has been another stressful week. DS ended up in hospital last Monday ( The GP sent us to A&E as he was not eating/drinking). They thought he had aches infection/viral infection/ bacterial infection, none of which got proved !. So we were in hospital until Thursday evening and since then have been going into hospital each day for antibiotics which he has through IV.

I was due back at work last week and have had to postpone that. They haven't at all been sympathetic as I have had to take the time as holiday. This has made me more stressed about going back to work...

What is everyone's plans for Xmas ?. HAs anyone taken LO to see Santa yet ?

ma5alababe

Re: Babies due November 2010

Postby nangee » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:48 pm

hello ladies

Right, thought i would revive this thread as all our little ones are 2 or nearly 2! so how is everyone and how are all your little ones doing? we are all good i just can't believe Dinesh will be 2 on saturday! We are having a peppa pig tea party as he is rather peppa pig obsessed. i was just looking at the last pictures that i put on here and i can't believe he has changed so much!
So Happy Birthday to all our lo's
xx
ImageImage
nangee

Postby ShiningStar1980 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Happy birthday to all our not so little ones. Orla was 2 last week!! Time flies.
She's toilet training, in a big bed, in the big room at nursery and a bossy little madam. My babys gone :-(
Xx
Baby Harris born at 27+6w, 2lb 9oz
ImageImage
Baby Orla born 37w2d, 8lb 0.5oz
ShiningStar1980

Postby binkyb75 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:04 pm

H
Last edited by binkyb75 on Thu May 16, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binkyb75

Postby Fauna » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi all, I saw this and forgot to reply!

DS feels like a proper little boy now, it surprises me every day that he's not a baby any more! He talks really well, constantly actually! He loves anything with wheels and doing puzzles.

We have been TTC for about 6 months now I think and I saw the consultant and need to lose just over a stone for him to prescribe Clomid so I'm on a weight loss mission at the moment. I conceived DS without treatment so it would be lovely if that happened in the meantime.

TTC since February 2008
PCOS diagnosed in 1992
BFP 05/03/10!
Fauna

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood