Babies due November 2010

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby binkyb75 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:28 am

H
Last edited by binkyb75 on Thu May 16, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binkyb75

Postby ma5alababe » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Yikes- I have not been on verity for a long time so here goes my update....

My little monkey is doing well - will be 8 months next week. He is not crawling but can sit unaided for a few mins ( I get worried he will fall so need to hold him). He 'talks' loads, infact first thing I hear in the morning is DA Da DA Da etc etc.

We moved him into his own room 2 weeks back. We put him to bed around 7-8pm and give him a top up feed 10-11pm and he sleeps till around 7am. I have virtually finished bf ( out of necessity to control my PCOS symptoms) so he is completely bottle fed now.

The feeding is going fine- 3 solid meals a day and often a few snacks, he eats most things but sometime has off days. I also give him some finger food to stop him getting bored and am trying now to incorporate him into family meals so Im not always having to cook loads of meals each day !!!

Out days are real busy with activities, going to the park meeting friends etc etc. theres no time to get bored !!!!

I have started thinking about returning to work (sigh) and also about trying for no 2 :shock: ...

Binkby- we have had a mare about nurseries- in the end we have had to settle for the best of a bad bunch... Im hoping that its only a short term _ 1 yr thing and hopefully I will be off with no 2 after that....

Anyone got any tips on helping to encourage him to crawl ?

Look forward to hearing everyone else updates
Metformin, clomid and OD- no response
IVF- March '10 BFP- DS born Nov'10
After 8+ cycles of IVF & FET- DD born June '15

Keep strong and believe in yourself !
ma5alababe

Postby Fauna » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:35 pm

DS is 8 months old and 1 day! He's a big smiler and grins at everyone, I usually get strangers coming up to me as he has been smiling away at them. Very cute. He can be a whinger too mind!

He sits really well but it only happened in the last week or so. He isn't exactly crawling but does a sort of commando crawl, interspersed with getting up on his knees a bit, it won't be long I don't think. He can get where he wants to anyway.

I am still breastfeeding which is turning in to a worry with going back to work looming. He has a doidy cup and he can sip some water out of it but it's not enough to keep him going all day. I keep telling myself that he'll change so much in the next couple of months and trying not worry about it. Haven't really decided whether to give formula or express when I go back to work. I keep changing my mind.

I'm going back to work in September and he will have 2 days at nursery and 1 with my mum. I'm happy with the nursery but dreading leaving him. I'd love to try for No2 but need to lose some weight first and get back to work for a bit, maybe we can start trying when DS is around one.

To encourage crawling I just put toys and things out of reach and leave him to roll about on the floor as often as possible. I tried moving him along but he just fell! Oops. Bad mummy.
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

On the TTC rollercoaster again since March 2012. No treatment yet, losing weight first.

Beautiful DS born November 2010!

TTC since February 2008
PCOS diagnosed in 1992
BFP 05/03/10!
Fauna

Postby nangee » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:39 pm

oh my goodness ladies i am rescuing us from the 4th page!!

how are we all getting on? can you believe that are babies are about 10 months old now they are so soon going to be 1!!!

well we are getting on okay dinesh is just being a cheeky monkey all the time and just causing chaos in my life but i love it!!! his favourite game is pulling everything off the shelves or crawling as fast as he can into the bathroom and getting into the shower cubicle and sitting there looking very proud of himself!! the only problem is it is usually when one of us has just had a shower so he gets soaking wet!!!

how is everyones little ones sleeping? dinesh is still waking up once a night usually at about 3 for a bottle of milk :( but he goes off to bed really well so i can't complain really!! He is also being a bit of a bugger with eating at the moment as he likes to do it himself but then gets a bit bored of doing it so have been trying to do a bit of sneaking bits in his mouth with a spoon but a lot of the time he just shakes his head!!
what are your feeding plans? do you give snacks? and what time do you give dinner sorry just having a bit of a worry as last time he got weighed he hadn't put on much weight and had kind of dropped back down to the 25th centile which was his birth centile but had been at 50 for ages!!

fauna- are you back at work now? did you manage it with the milk in a cup?

ma5alababe- how is your little one getting on with the crawling?

binky-did you manage to sort out nursery yet? hope little james is ok!!

tinker - just seen on the may thread - massive congatulations to you!!!

hello to everyone else, would be lovely to hear of some updates xxx
ImageImage
nangee

Postby lizns » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Hello everyone,

Nice to hear how your babies are doing.

William is crawling too and causing havoc...the recycling bin, wine rack and his brother's potty being his favourite play zones.

He has been sleeping well at night for a while now but hardly naps in the day (1hr total) plus his big brother is waking 2/3 times a night at aged 2 and a half!!

He usually has tea at around 5pm and still had 4 milks (5oz, 5oz,5oz, 7oz) I reduced his daytime bottles because of his sickiness. He eats three big meals and may have the odd rice cake etc as snacks.

Would love to hear more about your babies!
lizns

Postby Fauna » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Hello all

Lovely to get some updates. Samuel is doing well, he was getting around on his tummy but has worked out 'proper' crawling now, I quite miss his little shuffle! He is pulling himself up and walking around the furniture so nothing is safe anymore.

He still wakes in the night most nights and I go and feed him as he is breastfed still so it's just a quick and easy way to get him back to sleep, probably a bit lazy on my part but I'm not worried about trying to stop him as when he does wake it's just for 5 minutes usually.

I went back to work this week and it went well. His first day at nursery he had no milk, it's not that he refuses a bottle, it was just that it was like he couldn't work out what to do with it. Second day at nursery he just got it and had two bottles and has had that since! I think he realised since I wasn't there he was going to have to give it a go, it's less of a worry for me now I know he is getting milk. Problem is at nursery he won't eat his lunch and I worry he has too much milk as obviously I have no idea what he gets when I feed him so in a week or so I may ask them to cut it back.

At nursery they feed them loads but at home he has breakfast around 8am, we rarely have time for a morning snack, he has lunch about 12pm, a snack around 3pm and tea about 5pm. He doesn't eat big quantities. At nursery they have breakfast at 8am, toast at 9.30am, lunch at 11.30am, snack at 2pm and tea at 3.30pm plus two bottles! I'm not surprised he won't eat lunch there as he's probably stuffed.

Nangee I wouldn't worry too much about Dinesh dropping weight, it may just be he's burning more calories now he's so active? He'll probably go back up again in a couple of months.

On the TTC rollercoaster again since March 2012. No treatment yet, losing weight first.

TTC since February 2008
PCOS diagnosed in 1992
BFP 05/03/10!
Fauna

Postby Fauna » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Hello all

Lovely to get some updates. Samuel is doing well, he was getting around on his tummy but has worked out 'proper' crawling now, I quite miss his little shuffle! He is pulling himself up and walking around the furniture so nothing is safe anymore.

He still wakes in the night most nights and I go and feed him as he is breastfed still so it's just a quick and easy way to get him back to sleep, probably a bit lazy on my part but I'm not worried about trying to stop him as when he does wake it's just for 5 minutes usually.

I went back to work this week and it went well. His first day at nursery he had no milk, it's not that he refuses a bottle, it was just that it was like he couldn't work out what to do with it. Second day at nursery he just got it and had two bottles and has had that since! I think he realised since I wasn't there he was going to have to give it a go, it's less of a worry for me now I know he is getting milk. Problem is at nursery he won't eat his lunch and I worry he has too much milk as obviously I have no idea what he gets when I feed him so in a week or so I may ask them to cut it back.

At nursery they feed them loads but at home he has breakfast around 8am, we rarely have time for a morning snack, he has lunch about 12pm, a snack around 3pm and tea about 5pm. He doesn't eat big quantities. At nursery they have breakfast at 8am, toast at 9.30am, lunch at 11.30am, snack at 2pm and tea at 3.30pm plus two bottles! I'm not surprised he won't eat lunch there as he's probably stuffed.

Nangee I wouldn't worry too much about Dinesh dropping weight, it may just be he's burning more calories now he's so active? He'll probably go back up again in a couple of months.

TTC since February 2008
PCOS diagnosed in 1992
BFP 05/03/10!
Fauna

Postby binkyb75 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:59 pm

h
Last edited by binkyb75 on Thu May 16, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
binkyb75

Postby jasmine77 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:31 am

Hi ladies
How lovely to hear some updates of how our big babies are getting on, I can't believe they are all nearly 1! How it has flown by!

Isaac is doing fab, he is an absolute treasure. He is crawling very fast especially if he sees an open door or a toy he knows he shouldn't have (his brother's). He babbles constantly and is so happy, he only really whinges if he can't have something he wants or his teeth are bothering him. He has 5 teeth with 1 more nearly through and eats really well. His favourite thing is his big brother, he never lets him out of his sight and loves it when DS1 chases him (crawling) - he squeals in delight!

He sleeps through most nights but I often hear him crashing into the bars of his cot as he rolls around but I don't need to get up and do anything but I still wake up so I am still having disturbed sleep but I am used to it! He has always gone to bed great so I always get my evenings to chill out (once DS1 is in bed at 8!).

Food wise he has 7oz milk on waking, toast and porridge at 8am, snack at 10am, lunch/pudding at 12, 6oz at 2.30pm, tea/pudding at 4.30/5pm and bed time milk (about 6oz) at 6.30/7pm. He has gone through phases of shaking his head and refusing and loves to feed himself finger food but I found if I give him a bowl and spoon with some of the food in it I can then help him eat as well. Sometimes we just have to get the food down him as we need to be somewhere else with all DS1's activities! We don't have hours to sit and eat!! He manages all kinds of food, reallly lumpy stuff so that is much easier than cooking and mashing loads of stuff up, he just has what we have mostly.

He goes to nursery 1 day a week and my mum has him 2 days when I am at work. I have to say I am loving being at work too, I really like my job and, you may remember, I left at 20 weeks pg when I had to have a cervical stitch inserted so I have been off ages!! Isaac likes nursery, he eats and sleeps the same there as at home (not a great napper in the day, he has 2 or 3x 45 mins) but he has the same at home as at nursery so they are doing something right!

All in all we are loving having the 2 boys and definitely stopping at 2 (esp with my cervix issues!) - very happy to hear Tinker's news though and that some of you are about to TTC! Will keep my eye on you for pg announcements!

I do pop on Verity every week to catch up but our thread went very very quiet didn't it! Citrus & Lauren are on my FB and they are fine and their babies are coming on lovely.

I am finding this stage so much fun but tiring too!!! He is always on the move and touching everything I literally can't take my eyes off him! We go to Jack in the Box once a week to tire him out (baby gymnastics type class) and I try and see my friends who I met at the baby classes once a fortnight but its hard as we all work different days. I find now I am at work I am quite happy to spend the 2 days off just playing with Isaac and enjoying him.

I haven't had him weighed for ages but he has definitely slimmed off and I reckon his weight will have plateaued as he is so fast and never sits still. I think thats normal at this age. He is in 9-12 month clothes and has been for a while, he is bigger than average and looks so funny when I am carrying him as I am tiny!

Hope to read more updates.

X
Aged 34
PCOS diagnosed age 16
Conceived x2 on Metformin 1500mg and Clomid 100mg
2 x sons (aged 8 and almost 2)
TTC finally over for me!! I have my beautiful family against the odds.
jasmine77

Postby Tinker » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:59 am

Hello Everyone,

How lovely to be back on the first page and hear all your updates. Joel is also doing great - crawling everywhere and like Lizns and Jasmine he just wants all the toys DS1 has or chases him around the house. Toby is loving Joel now as he gives him kisses and he shares his apples (they both love apples and eat a lot between them). He is an eating machine as he eats pretty much anything you put in front of him (not off a spoon though). He quite often has more than Toby but I am not worried either way. He doesn't have much milk in the day at all - if we are at home and I get the chance to nip upstairs with him he will have a feed mid afternoon (BF) but other than that it is mainly morning and night. He usually has 3 feeds I suppose so I am not worried about that either. Going back to work is looming for me too (2 weeks away) and I can't believe where the time has gone.

After being such a poor sleeper for the first 6-7 months Joel has been sleeping through for the last week. If he does wake up I still just feed him back to sleep as it is not a consistent habit so I am not worried that it won't just stop naturally soon.

I have so much to catch up on really but we are all going swimming in a minute so will get in as much as I can and then maybe do some later. Thanks for the comments on my pregnancy as yes I am actually pregnant again. I still don't believe it for many reasons; I have never had a natural BFP before; I have only had one period since having Joel; I am still BFing; Had to have IVF both times before. It is still really early days yet (5weeks 5days) but am going to book in for a private scan around 8 weeks I think. I am a little daunted with having another so soon as I will only be back at work for 7 months and we really need the money but on the other hand I was broody and wouldn't change it for the world if you know what I mean. No one knows apart from on here and I think all our family and friends will be gobsmacked when we tell them.

Have run out of time.

All the best,

Tinker
Starting 1st cycle of IVF December 07 - BFP Feb 1st
Toby George born 24.09.08
TTC no.2 since April 09
IVF 2 - BFP 16/3/10 - Joel Jacob born 26.11.10
Tinker

Postby Fauna » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:22 am

Congratulations Tinker that's amazing! You must be so excited. I am definitely broody but I am not sure when we'll start trying again. I would go for it now but the husband needs more persuading. I'm a little bit scared about whether I'd be able to fall pregnant again, I didn't have any fertility treatment in the end, but I'm 35 now so I can't hang around. I'm not sure whether I'd go for any treatment if we didn't conceive naturally but I guess we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Binky Samuel was terrible for posseting and I took him to the doctors with it many times but he has mainly grown out of it now (fingers crossed). He has been a bit sicky today but he has a cough and it doesn't seem to help. It is pretty tiring though with all the cleaning.

I'd be interested to get him weighed but the HV here seem to discourage it really, I understand why, I might get on the scales with him. He is fairly small I think, still in 6-9 month clothes, the next size look huge. I think it's to be expected that he'll be small as me and my husband are both short.

TTC since February 2008
PCOS diagnosed in 1992
BFP 05/03/10!
Fauna

Postby ma5alababe » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Hello All

Nice to hear from everyone- yes the months just seem to fly by and Im dreading going to work in 9 wks :( .

DS is still not crawling despite trying to put toys around, push his feet etc. I am now trying to get him using the walker. I just wanted him to be crawling atleast before he goes to nursery in around 6 weeks as otherwise I can see him getting quite fustrated!....

Otherwise we are generally good. He falls asleep around 8pm, we give him a dreamfeed around 11pm and he sleep until 7am. We went to NY last weekend and that has thrown his routine and also he has had diarrhoea since Thursday. I am enjoying being at home, taking him to activities, seeing friends etc etc, but realise I now need to get him ready for nursery etc...

We have also started a FET cycle. I decided it was best to have a go before I return to work as I was less stressed and it was easier to it fit in appointments etc.

Has anyone started planning a first birthday party ?. We are having nightmares with venues
Metformin, clomid and OD- no response
IVF- March '10 BFP- DS born Nov'10
After 8+ cycles of IVF & FET- DD born June '15

Keep strong and believe in yourself !
ma5alababe

Postby laurenx » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:20 am

Hello Ladies.....

Iv only just remembered my username!!! Forgot everything as we haven't had broad band for months!!!

Great to see all out not so little ones are doing good!!

My little princess is into everything, crawling cruising, climbing stairs!!!

She still sleep 12 hours + , fingers crossed it last, she only has morning and bedtime bottle and eats very well!! She now weighs 19lb 13oz, although i was expecting her to be bigger with her being 9lb 1 at birth!!

A little question for you all, She seems to be hitting grabbing and scratching all the time, not just when shes tired or grumpy!! anyone else going through this??xx
TTC since May 08
Diagnosed Dec 08
M/C 7 wks 13/08/09 :(
Taking Sannatogen , docs wont help!!!
BFP 14/03/2010 YAY!
ImageImage
laurenx

Postby Tinker » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:41 am

Hey Lauren,

Joel is doing this too - puts his arms up to be picked up then slaps you around the face when you do! Toby goes towards him for a kiss and he bats him away of tries to sink his teeth in. The biting is definitely to do with teeth and teething because it is everything and the hitting is also a bit of novelty/fun thing not intentionally hitting iykwim.

Hey everyone else - Well Joel is also climbing stairs now so that is a new thing to look out for I think we will need to invest in some stair gates which we never needed first time around.

Tinker
Starting 1st cycle of IVF December 07 - BFP Feb 1st
Toby George born 24.09.08
TTC no.2 since April 09
IVF 2 - BFP 16/3/10 - Joel Jacob born 26.11.10
Tinker

Postby laurenx » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:25 pm

GLad its not just me lol!! its so embarasing!! xx
TTC since May 08
Diagnosed Dec 08
M/C 7 wks 13/08/09 :(
Taking Sannatogen , docs wont help!!!