Babies Due July/Aug 09...

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: Babies Due July/Aug 09...

Postby pearl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:10 am

Mila got hers just before xmas,I told her she was getting them. She said she didn't want them lol I bought the emla cream which is suppose to numb the area. I think it worked,the nurses done both arms at the same time and mila didn't cry :) she was over the moon with her sticker. Hope all goes well with Poppy. Mind mila did get swollen glands and a right temp after hers x
Loves being a mammy to my fantastic little girly Mila x x x
pearl

Postby cliveceltic » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:50 am

We had Keira's yesterday. I told her and she said 'I'm going to cry' but I explained about being brave. I let her take her scraggy teddy and my mum came to mind and feed Xanthe. We had one nurse so separate times. She was ok after first then whimpered about having the next but was actually fine. Thought we would have hysterics but she was ok, especially when the nurse let her have plasters. She crashed out on sofa about 4pm and when I put her to bed later she was pink faced so I gave her a shot of nurofen. One was a bit red this morning and she said it was sore. Mind you I am sore after a tetanus jab for a few days! I warned nursery this morning as she's a drama queen more than anything. We have the dentist this afternoon!!!
ImageImage

cliveceltic

Postby michelle79 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi ladies
How you doing? We're all good thanks. Thought I'd have a little catch up while dh is away with work. Just watching a fertility programme I recorded a while ago, takes me back to what we went through and so glad we didn't have to resort to ivf! Twins are great, they're getting very independent and refuse any help when dressing, especially Daniel. They are so easy and a pleasure to look after now. They still have their moments, Daniel especially will say things like I want to watch telly all day and says he doesn't like such a thing for his tea but I don't rise to it and he gives up!
We have self referred to the speech and language therapists for Katie as she is till stuttering and stammering and I just want to make sure that it is just developmental and not something that could be stuck with her. I really don't want her to get picked on for it. There are sometimes when she speaks really clearly and then other times she just stumbles and stumbles bless her. Se is alot better than she was before he operation so im convinced she is hearing better but is still catching up.
I took Daniel to his football class last sat for the first time, it was really good, he listens very well and tries hard but is very clumsy! Have you all chosen your schools now? We find out in April if we get the school we want! Twins have been invited to a couple of parties by kids from nursery. I wasn't going to invite the nursery kids as I don't know any of them really and when I ask the twins who they want to invite they say one girl and their teacher! Who will you invite to your Los party? Also just a random question, if your LO was invited to a party for twins, would you buy the kids a present each but cheaper than you would buy for a single birthday, a shared present or the same as what you would normally spend? I'm just aware that the parents coming to the twins party will have to buy two presents.
Michelle x
TTC since May 08
1st round clomid 100mg - BFP 31/10/08

michelle79

Postby cliveceltic » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Michelle I have a £5 limit on presents but have been to a few joint parties as my friends kids were all born at similar times and some have doubled up to save coat of parties as its the same kids who go. I would still get 2 presents of my limit each! It sounds a bit stingy £5 but it soon adds up and you can get some decent stuff these days. Oscar we have been invited to one nursery party but Keira had a sickness bug at the time. As she is an August birthday I think we will be more picky who we invite and I suspect many would forget to come. Think we will have joint birthdays for k and x now and even my cousins boy is in between the 10 days between k and x.

The stammering might be an age thing. Keira is very clear and sounds like an older child but she can stammer when she's tired or when she can't think quick enough as I think her brain and voice work at different speeds. Alot of kids in Keira's pre school were referred for speech and language much to the shock of a friend who was upset by it but I had wondered why that child hadn't been picked up by HV.

Keira brought home a wow sheet today. It's usually something a parent writes to celebrate an achievement at nursery but they wrote one for me to say she had agreed to sit on the toilet. I didn't get too excited as she sits daily at home and nursery were meant to be encouraging it and after a week they gave up. I praised her and stuff and was pleased. Next step it to get her to wee on it. She went til 4:30 today from 8:30 having not had a wee then cried for a nappy. After our holiday I will force the issue.

Keira is so funny no with Xanthe talking to her about her day and getting me to help her join in games. She doesn't quite understand that a baby grabbing her isn't naughty though!!

How's everyone else.?
ImageImage

cliveceltic

Postby michelle79 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi bumping from page two!
How is everyone? We are fine. We just got back from a 4 night break at ribby hall near Blackpool. We had a lovely "cottage" and the twins really enjoyed the pool with slides and there was quite a big soft play. They also had a pony ride, went to the zoo and the beach where we attempted to fly their kites! Daniel went on stage on holiday, he was shattered but did a really good, loud fake laugh but the entertainer left it to the audience to decide and he didnt win the special balloon but got a poodle instead. Twins are really growing up now, can't believe they will be four next month. We are having a soft play party for them for some of my friends kids and also about 6 kids from nursery. We have got Katie a proper dolls pram for her baby annabel with a spare outfit which is actually a tiny baby outfit from asda but so much cheaper than actual dolls clothes. Funny to think those clothes used to be too big for the twins! Daniel is obsessed with octonauts so is getting the octopad and one of the vehicles. THey have already had kites Andre getting a few other bits and bobs.
Twins are doing well at nursery and can spell their names and know lots of letters and sounds. Katie goes from being super independent one minute to being a baby the next! Daniel is getting a bit cheeky answering back sometimes, it's hard not t laugh sometimes and he's really funny! Katie is still loving her dancing class. If she is still going after Easter I am gonna buy her the uniform, she'll probably look rum in it cos she's long in the body but skinny! She has grown lots since her operation though. Daniel is still doing his football and we are going to start their swimming lessons after their birthday too.
We referred Katie to speech and language as she was stuttering a lot. I had to attend 3 meetings to learn strategies to help her talk more easily. After speaking to dh they have decided to wait a few months before seeing Katie as they think it is just developmental. I really don't want her to get picked on at school so wanted to make sure she got assessed ASAP.
My friend is not getting married in Mexico anymore although they haven't separated he has wedding issues after his previous one so we have changed our destination to crete which is a bit more manageable for a week and we have been to Mexico for our honeymoon and really want to go to crete. As the child care was already booked for Mexico we are still going alone and have booked the senatori reesort which looks amazing, can't wait!

Cc: did you have a fab time in oz. think I saw most of your pics, you look like you had a ball once the jet lag was gone! Would you consider moving over there with the current job situation here?

How's everyone else?

Michelle x
TTC since May 08

michelle79

Postby pearl » Mon May 13, 2013 5:01 pm

Hiya Ladies, how is it going? are your little ones loving nursery?

I have news, i'm 10 weeks pregnant :D It was a massive shock! I'd been off the pill 16 months and we decided that we were happy with Mila. We went through alot to get her and our family felt complete! I was going to go back on the pill and my period didnt show, i wasnt too worried because its all over the place. I took a test just cos i wanted to start the pill, the test come back positive instantly. I was shocked! after alot of tears and panicking i decided to go to doctors for a terminations. I was having massive anxiety attacks and feeling sick, i was worried i wouldnt be able to look after mila. I was devastated and such a hard time. My doctor wasnt great told me basically to suck it up, said if i ended up in hospital it wasnt a big deal, well it bloody well was to me. He refused to refer me told me to have a think! so i went direct to the clinic, they were ok but told me id still need my doctors conset. After talking with them,they said there was a waiting list it would be close to me been 13 wks before i could get a termination!this was acceptable to me, i was 6 weeks at the time i didnt ever want to get to 8 weeks, i knew from Mila how fast the fetus develops. After another long talk with my partner, he reassured me and told me i could do it. I got prescribed cyclizine which has helped a massive amount and im coping with my anxiety. Mila has been amazing and is very excited, im so happy we having the baby now. Breaks my heart thinking what i might have done but at the time it felt right. Im not putting it on facey yet.

S yay we having a baby x
pearl

Postby Rache » Mon May 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Pearl - was just thinking about you and Mila today wondering how your beautiful little girl is. I am so pleased for you and you can do it honey. You know we will all be there for you and having suffered myself with horrid anxiety, I know how you feel. Mila will be such a golden big sister. You must show us a recent pic cause I'm not really on facebook much.

Many congrats to you and your growing family - couldn't be more made up for the three of you x :D
ImageImage
Rache

Postby cliveceltic » Tue May 14, 2013 9:35 am

Pearl that's lovely news. Sorry to hear you we're having such a hard time at the start. I'm sure you will be fab. How are you feeling? I spent the first 3 months of my last pregnancy in bed/hospital and Keira managed. Mila will be full time at scho once this baby shows up so hopefully you won't be juggling too much.
ImageImage

cliveceltic

Postby michelle79 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi Everyone!
Congratulations Pearl!!!!!!!! I saw your news whilst I was on my hols but my phone wasnt working so couldn't reply! It is going to be a stressful time for you but am sure everything will be fine. is your doctor looking after you? Bet Mila is mega excited! DH and I had a lovely holiday without the kids, really helped us be a couple again after a stressful and frantic 4 years! Of course we missed the kids but it was really nice too. It takes so long to do anything with the kids in tow and we just did what we wanted when we wanted to! At the weekend I took the twins to a Haven in Wales as you will have seen on FB, they had a great time! It looks like Daniel is dry at night now. Its only been since we were away and my DH is away in Spain just now so I dont want to be changing wet beds while he is away but have put a potty next to his bed and he uses it if he needs to go before the sun comes up on the gro clock. The twins room is across the stairs from the bathroom and Daniel can only just open the door so he'll have to use the potty for a bit longer but he doesn't mind.
What have you all got planned for your little ones birthdays?
Michelle x
TTC since May 08

michelle79

Postby pearl » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Hiya Ladies, well im 13 wks now, had my scan on thursday and took Mila. She was over the moon and kept giggling, she was pointing at the baby saying it had her nose so cute. Feels so real now, i looked at my scan pics and felt like crying at how much i love the baby. Mila still really wants a sister and gets very angry if you mention it could be a boy, i relly hope im cooking a sister in there haha
Its Mila's birthday soon,time flies when you having fun. Cannot believe my baby girl is nearly 4 and going to school shortly :cry: We having a party for Mila and have Aurora princess coming as a suprise, she is Mila's favourite princess. I have bought her a couple of dolls as presents but we hoping to book a caravan for the weekend so that is more than enough i think.

Michelle, i saw your caravan holiday pictures they were great. How much does Katie look like you and Daniel like he's dad?! Bet it was great having a holiday to yourselves too,bet the twins had alot of fun without you there. Grandparents always spoil the kids. Great on Daniel with the night time nappies,its a big step for him x

CC, your holiday looks really good, you have got yourself about recently im jealous lol Hows Keira going at nursery? x

Rache, ill put some pics up soon need to sort them out,mila as changed loads. How's Poppy doing x

Pearl x
pearl

Postby Rache » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:22 am

Morning ladies, I'm glad we're being more active on here cause i've missed you all.

Pearl - I am so glad everything is going well. I can't believe our babies are starting school in September. We've got a parents evening this Tuesday so seems really real now. Can't say I am looking forward to it really - where has my baby gone. I am a lurker on facebook so I will try and find you via the other girls.

Michelle - your caravan looked lovely. We really need to get a holiday sorted. Will probably be in this country as we are saving for Disneyland Paris early next year. Poppy is now showing signs of being dry at night. Seems ages since she was dry in the day.

Poppy is having a big girls bike for her birthday. We have found her a lovely Hello Kitty one which I think she will love. She is absolutely obsessed with dolls and last count she has 14! She insisted on taking them all to nanny's house on Friday. She would really love a slide for the garden but I am not convinced because I think she will outgrow it too quick. Plus with the trampoline, swing and her cottage, she is starting to take over the garden!

Right off to see if I can find you all on facebook - friend request will come from Rachel East x
ImageImage
Rache

Postby cliveceltic » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 am

Pearl glad the scan went well. Mila will love her new baby whether a boy or girl. Keira told everyone we were having a boy even though we found out a girl at the scan! It's made it easier having all her stuff to pass down.

Rache lively to hear from you. We have a parents evening coming up soon but DH has to go as I'm hosting a book party - my new business venture!!

Kids are fab. We have been abroad a lot what with visiting my sister in Australia and then SIL's wedding last week in Majorca. It was hard work as Keira can't just amuse herself by the pool like the older kids. She kept wandering off chatting to random people. There were neatly 40 of us for the wedding and people just kept taking her off with their kids and couldn't understand why I got stressed when they hadn't told me!! The girls looked beautiful in their flower girl dresses.

Keira's toilet training took a step backwards on holiday. She was really doing well before we went but there were too many distractions on holiday and its a good job we had plenty swimming costumes. Hoping to get her back to where we were now we are home.

Still job hunting. On jsa and getting frustrated butight become a self employed baby signing teacher in September if I pass the interview at head office. I can't afford a franchise but have been offered to work for one who needs another teacher as she has more postcodes than days. The books are a side line to keep my brain active.

We are getting k a vtech camera for her birthday. She keeps pinching my phone and taking pics on it. Not sure about her party yet. DH wants her to have one to invite her nursery class to but she's an August birthday so might need to do it early. She hasn't been invited to loads this year, just a few, so can't decide what and where.

Hope everyone's well. Xxx
ImageImage

cliveceltic

Postby michelle79 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Thought I better rescue is from page 3 and that this momentous week deserved a post! How are you all feeling about your little ones starting school and how r they feeling ? It was the twins last day at nursery today and they got lots of kisses and cuddles from all the staff. I did a card and presents and put the collage I put on fb in as the staff saw them for the first time when we visited at 5mths and they remember how tiny they were but not what they were like before. Think they were shocked! I feel really sad about them finishing nursery and starting school, I feel like my babies are being taken away from me! I can't believe how much it has hit me this week. When they were little I used to think once they start school ill be bale to do xy and z and now I don't want to! I'm gonna enjoy my free time but will miss them terribly. Daniel has been counting down the days at nursery, he's really looking forward to school, hope I've not bigger it up too much! I think Katie is a bit nervous about it. They start on thurs and only have 2hrs or so.
In other news, Katie was seen by the speech and language people again a couple of weeks ago and they are still playing a waiting game to see if she grows out of the stutter. In a couple of weeks I have to take her to the net again, I don't think she will pass the hearing test again, she says what quite a lot! Though it is hard to know if she really didn't hear me or just wasn't listening! Daniel managed to swim a bit without his arm bands over the summer so I was very proud of that. Has anyone else got a bad loser? He is terrible when he doesn't win a game and has a 2yr old paddy! I got really cross with him one day about it cos he was raging cos he didn't win! I am hoping that school will teach him that he can't always be the best at everything!
Cc- I'm afraid I don't really have any advice for you re your poo issues, you really have been through it! Kids are so stubborn these days! Daniel will not do a poo on the toilet if there is no training seat on as he is scared of falling in, does k have a training seat? Maybe her arms ache if the poop takes a while to come? When we were up at the inlaws he went two days without going (unknown for him) and became clingy and wouldn't eat. We took the potty for night time and in the end had to get him to go in there!
Pearl-how's ur pregnancy going? U got any names yet?
Michelle x
TTC since May 08

michelle79

Postby cliveceltic » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:52 pm

I'm quite looking forward to k starting school so I can get some time with Xanthe. Keira's done pre school mornings for a year and its the same classroom shared reception at one end and pre school at the other. They both have own staff and teaching time but kids all mingle together except different outdoor bits and different toilets. I'm a bit nervous about her staying all day. Firstly the toilet issue as she never went at nursery and has gone less independent at home wanting her step put out for her and sometimes her seat and then her pants pulling down and up. One time she did it all herself! Also worried about her eating. Trying school meals as we get 5 days free but even if we go back to packed much she used to leave it and eat when she got home after nursery (they did lunch at 11:15 as part if the session). Hoping a later lunch might help but if she doesn't eat it she will be starving mid afternoon!!

I'm looking forward to attempting to get more done in the house and catch up on my self employed work a bit when Xanthe sleeps. Not sure I will be as full on with attending groups but might find one!

We signed k up to stage school. She's such a little actress and performer when she wants to be singing and dancing and bossing people. Thought it was worth a try.

Michelle your twins have come so far. The collage pic was amazing to remember. I'm sure they will settle in and at least they have each other.

Good luck everyone else/
ImageImage

cliveceltic

Postby michelle79 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi ladies!
Well it's that time of year when my two will turn 5 before the rest of yours! Not started thinking about the run up to when they were born yet, hopefully won't think about it this year! We are having a soft play party with go karts on Easter Saturday with 15 of their friends from school and home. They are sooooo excited! On their actual birthday which is Friday we are thinking of taking them to splash zone at gullivers world. It's like a soft play but with water but not a waterpark as such. W were going to take them to a theme park but want them to have time to play with their presents and no be too tired for their party. We have got them micro scooters as they are still going round with thomas and hello kitty 3 wheelers! They are also getting a few other bits from us. My mum is buying them a trampoline. It's so hard to think of things for people to buy them!
I am pleased with how they are doing at school. They are doing well with their phonics and reading and their writing has improved so much. They spend so much time writing at home too. Katie is still having speech therapy. She still struggles at time and it's hard to know if it's really making a difference. Tbh I haven't been doing it as much as I should :oops:
How are your little ones doing? I see you all on fb but would be nice to hear a proper catch up.
Michelle x
TTC since May 08

michelle79

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood