Babies Due July/Aug 09...

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: Babies Due July/Aug 09...

Postby Star25 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi ladies!

It sounds like you're all doing well and the LO's are growing up fast!

Michelle, we are in The same situation with schools! The school in our catchment area isn't great so we def don't want Elissa to go to that one! But the next two closest are both primary schools, one is church of England, they are both similar in size and no. Of pupils. One seems very 'village like' the other more forward thinking, but both nice. The church of England one seems a little more structured but then I just don't know! One of her friends is going to the 'villagey' one. I'm soooo confused! How is everyone else getting on with choosing?
Star25

Postby cliveceltic » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:47 pm

We are kind of sticking with our choice of RC school and keeping fingers crossed. Our catchment school is recently out if special measures and moved sites so no longer nearest. The nearest school is our arC choice one and the kids on our street all go to one just past that which is always over subscribed. Ks in the pre school at the RC site but its not a guaranteed route into the school. She loves nursery. The nursery teacher gets us all in one evening to complete admissions firms for school at some point. There are 32 in the nursery and 30 places at school with a few children possibly at full daycare who are looking to get into the school too/. Hopefully with my attendance at church this last few years it should help.

Michelle and Star, villagey schools have a really nice community family feel in my experience but I can see your dilemmas.
X
ImageImage

cliveceltic

Postby michelle79 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi
How's everyone doing? Katie has cracked toilet training. It took about another week to get the poops on the loo but I bribed her saying that she couldn't start her dancing class until she did it. 1st time she did it she said I can go to my class now! She thought we were gonna go there and then and I hadn't even emailed the woman to see if there was a space! The class is beginners dance and is for age 3-5yrs, funnily enough the dance teacher thought she would do better in the toddler dance age 2-3 cos of her age (strange i thought) but that class is on a thurs at 5pm so not a good time for a child just dropping her nap! What types are things are your LOs doing at nursery?
I have bought a craft book for young children and we are doing an activity each week from there at the moment. I think they're at a great age for this now ad the are realy enjoying it. Only one more week and then my D will be at home to work so really looking forward to getting a bit more time to myself! Me and DH are going to watch Michael Mcintyre on thursday night, 1st time we will have been out together for ages so am really loking forward to it.
How is everyone?
Michelle x
TTC since May 08
1st round clomid 100mg - BFP 31/10/08

michelle79

Postby cliveceltic » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi. At nursery Keira seems to play wih play doh and paint. That's all I get from her when I ask her. They seem to be learning loads though. Each week we get a jolly phonics letter/song to practice, a nursery rhyme and then a piece of homework which this half term has been to do with shapes. Things like learning the shapes then activities to consolidate such as draw some circles, make circles out if string, stick 4 circles and 3 triangles (cut shapes provided), cut all the circles in half and what shape do you get? Practice cutting. They have been drawing faces too. Keira also spends alot of time playing at the taps as her sleeves are always wet. They do baking once a week too. They have done paint bubble blowing with straws where you then put the paper over the bubbles.

At home we have been making our salt dough decorations for Xmas presents for the aunts and uncles. Going to redo as I didn't cook them hard enough but will keep practicing on these til we get the hang of it. Also painted pebbles last year. Going to make Xmas cards as stained glass windows. Get a plastic bag and open out. Use PVA glue to glue lots of small computed bit if tissue paper to the bag overlapping. Make as big or as small as you like..when dry it will peel off. Cut to shapes and stick into cad frames. Makes god calendars or light catcher type things too.

I have a busy box too which has scraps of paper, crayons, glue, scissors, googely eyes, sparkly gems etc and a4 paper and she just makes pictures.

Keira is banned from all nice activities this week. All last week she's been hitting me, DH, my mum, my aunt, Xanthe and other kids at soft play and surestart. Last night after our lovely crafty day she pulled the tv over and broke it. Feel like I'm grounder though as DH is at work on lates all week!!

No where near potty training yet. Wel done Katie!
ImageImage

cliveceltic

Postby pearl » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:30 pm

Hiya, im really stressed about the whole picking school thing. There is a few local to me but not sure which one to go with, im going to have to view them. What do you recommend i look for? i know one of the school has been doing really well. The school that is joined to Mila, which her dad wants her to go to concerns me. Its been in doing really bad, they have changed the head and its improving. Hmm i need to have words with Mila's nursery, she has had no homework!! this concerns me. She comes home with hand fulls of paintings every day lol she loves to paint. She has two little best friends in her class, which she raves about.
Mila loves dancing, i cannot wait to see her play in christmas. Its her halloween party this week, i have got excited and done zombie princess for her haha
Mila is doing so great, we couldn't be more proud of her. I forget she is just 3 shes like a little old woman at times. My friend had her gorgeous baby girl, Mila was beyond excited. Made me feels sad that she doesn't have a sibling, like she is missing out as i know she really wants one.

Michelle, good on Katie full potty trained :) very good. Bet you counting down the days till your husband is back, aw the LO's will be over the moon

CC, oo oo whats up with Keira playing up? id be furious if mila broke my tv (my life lol) bet it gave her a shock. She's had alot of changes and adjustments in a short space of time could it be that. I hope you crack potty training soon. We done salt dough for xmas last year, i think its a great idea. We started xms stuff here too, painted her great gran a cup. Hope the lovely baby is doing well too

Star, hope your doing well and you can decide on the school

Rache, hope Poppy is doing well. How's the BD going?

Pearl x
Loves being a mammy to my fantastic little girly Mila x x x
pearl

Postby michelle79 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi Girls
We were on page 3, shame on us! Things are pretty good with us though feel very busy! Twins are doing well ,they're getting good with their numbers and letters and their writing skills are improving. Katie is a complete wind up merchant to Daniel who is very anal and they have been fighting quite alot recently. Infact this morning daniel caused katie's lip to bleed! Daniel is really trying to assert himself at the moment, he wont do anything when i ask, says no to anything then back tracks when i dont react! Katie is still quite whiney but is very sweet and loving at the moment. We went to the xmas fair at our 1st choice school tonight. It was lovely, twins saw father xmas and alot of work had gone into it. There were different activities in each classroom, made me feel really good about the school. My brother was over for the day and he thought the school was lovely too.
Have pretty much sorted xmas now, got twins bikes, just need to get helmets and got all their other bits and bobs. Just need to wrap them all and write cards now! Have got the advent calendars out ready for 2moro but am going to wait at least another week until we put the tree up as i got fed up of it last year! Have done the PNP santa videos for the twins, don't know when exactly to show them, what do you think?
Katie is doing well in her dancing class, got her tap shoes this week and she loves them, i really hope she continues, they are doing a show in March and if she was in the next group she would have been in it but will be the year after now.
DH is going to take Daniel to football 2moro for the 1st time, i hope he likes it, if he does i will sign him up to start properly in January.
How are all your LOs doing?
Michelle x
TTC since May 08

michelle79

Postby Rache » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi girlies,

eventually got 10 mins to myself. Lee out in town and I've just got back from niece's third birthday party with Pops and she has now crashed out.

I'm nearly sorted for christmas with Poppy, got her an Innotab2, baby annabel plus accessories, guitar, red rover, furbie. Just got to sort out the little bits now.

She's being an absolute star most of the time now - there's not a day passes when Lee and I are in stitches with her. On a down note she and her step-sister (Lee's eldest daughter whose 9) are really not getting on. After the last few months of every weekend being ruined by arguments I eventually put my foot down and said they had to have less time together. We were having Molly a couple of evenings in the week plus every Saturday and Sunday. TBH it was too much and I felt like her mom was taking the pee. Last week we were not doing anything sat but were at Lee's mom's sunday so we suggested she just came Sunday which worked out alot better.

Michelle - can you post the link for the PNP cause I can't find it x

Love to everyone x
ImageImage
Rache

Postby Rache » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Michelle - found it - How wonderful - poppy's is now ordered x
ImageImage
Rache

Postby cliveceltic » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi all
Since the TV getting broken Keira has been really good. She was grounded for a week but the following week was half term and nothing was on so we just pottered round the house. She spent 2 weeks watching only what was on cbeebies on a tiny tv til we got the new one. Not sure if that made her realise how naughty she had been. Everyone who came round brought it up too. New tv was on insurance but after excess and buying a taller stand/cupboard we have spent a fortune. K has been lovely with Xanthe too since the incident too and really tries to be nice with her and tells her stories, sings her songs and shows her dances and toys. Xanthe is adorable and smiling loads and seems to almost laugh when she sees Keira which is nice. We had Keira's parent meeting at nursery and she's a model pupil apparently who looks down her nose at naughty kids!! Haha. She's working hard and knows loads more than some kids and she is the youngest in the whole class. She's working at a reception child level in a lot of things but lets herself down with her toilet issues!

We have almost sorted her Xmas presents out. We got an innotab2 as well mostly for our trip to Australia in February (eeeeeek). I need to have a play with it at some point so we know what to do with it on Xmas day. She's also getting a tonne of play doh from us and others as well as things like sticker books which we can take on the flight. DHs parents came last week with all the presents and the stockings are filled but not wrapped with loads of little bits but I am raiding them this week as things like Santa hair bands won't really be used much after Xmas so I'm getting them out this week. We have been to a party today at church in the local catholic club and it was lovely to see Keira so confident and joining in with the dancing and games and watching the magician. She got a present off Santa and was really chuffed to see him. We saw him at a fair the other week too. She has a fear of toy/statue santos and says she only likes the real one. Bless.

I'm now on the PTA of the school we hope to get her into as we are at the pre school and were invited to a PTA meeting. I ended up as secretary as no one else can be bothered with typing minutes and emailing people. Hoping it stands me in good stead for selection into the school. We went to a meeting last week to fill out paper applications and nursery includes
Further information which supports the application. There are 32 in nursery and 30 places at school but I know one aren't who isn't applying and a couple of others live outside the area so hopefully we will get in. Not sure if there are other kids at private full time nursery who are applying so fingers crossed.

Well, busy Sunday ahead putting up the tree and decorations and writing Xmas cards for nursery. My washing machine broke down which is a regular issue so have to get my washing from my mums in time for ironing uniforms for nursery. If we didn't wear uniforms I would have been ok to wait a few days but we have 5 worn dresses, jumpers (usually covered in lunch or paint) to get clean.

Hope everyone is well.
ImageImage

cliveceltic

Postby pearl » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Hiya, how you all doing? you all sorted for Christmas? i just need some outfits for Mila :) shes grew so much
Im unreal proud of Mila, it was her nativity today. I had butterflies in my tummy waiting for the play to start, i really thought she would go shy and not sing! well she proved me wrong, she sang her little heart out :D i could of cried with happiness haha Its her dancing show on Saturday, i will be a mess :D
Mila is doing so well in nursery, she a teachers pet. She dreads the thought of been told off by her teach lol She has a nursery album and i have been putting some pictures in for her. We have been doing elf comes to stay (i done it last year too) she was excited to show her teacher.
As for me i dont know how i feel about trying for a baby! Mila breaks my heart asking for a sister, she sat with the Smyths catalogue and circled stuff her and her baby sister would play with :( She asked if we could go to Asda to get a baby sister or ask the stars to put one in my tummy lol My best friend had her baby and as much as i love seeing her i have no broodiness in me. I just think phew hand her back :o My period seems it might be becoming regular, im getting to know the signs. Not sure if im ovulating tho.

Michelle, cute picture of the twins on facebook. How they doing?x

Star, hows your two doing?x

CC, hows your two doing? x

Rache, hows Poppy x
Loves being a mammy to my fantastic little girly Mila x x x
pearl

Postby michelle79 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi
We're all ready for Xmas and I'm so looking forward to it this year! The twins are so excited. We showed them their pop videos last night and they were entranced. Can't wait to see their faces on Xmas day when they get their bikes!
Twin Xmas concert was on Monday, we got front row seats and the twins were sat right in front of us! My 2 are pretty much the oldest so they didn't do a nativity, just songs. Daniel had a special part of playing a triangle to twinkle twinkle Xmas start, it was so cute. Think my two are favoured a bit by their teachers though Katie has been a bit naughty the last couple of weeks. W have kept threatening her with Santa but she just laughs! She has hardly any stars on her chart so won't be getting much pocket money!
Katie is enjoying her dancing and has caught up with the other girls now, her little tap shoes are so cute! Do you know how tall your Lo's are now? Katie has grown 4cm since her op in sept and is now 94.5cm which is still petite b.ut she has gone up a centile. Daniel is 1m tall. They aRe both so lovely sometimes, Katie is really loving, if you hurt yourself she run over and rubs it better and kisses it. Daniel Is a laugh a minute and so cute. He's a real sponge for information, he told me he was uncoupling his trains the other day and I thought where did you get that word from!
I'm off work now until the new year and I am looking forward to a bit of a rest as the twins will still go to nursery on the days that are not bank holidays so a bit of me time. Have you guys chosen your schools? We have sent our application now so will just have to wait and see if we get our first choice.
My inlaws are coming down on Xmas eve and staying til the 27th and the 4 of us are going to my parents on Xmas day, I can't wait, my mum has gone completely over the top and spoilt the kids.
I filled out a questionnaire and we have won a 1hr photo shoot which we are going to do between Xmas and new year, I can't wait cos the nursery didn't do photos this year and we missed them last year so don't have any recent professional ones.

Pearl - Mila made an angelic angel, love the pics. I'm feeling a bit jealous about lots of my friends being pregnant just now but I won't be having anymore, when I saw my friends baby in Scotland I was happy to give it back. I guess secret,y I'm jealous that they're having a normal pregnancy experience and I know I'm never going to have that.

How's everyone else doing?

Michelle x
TTC since May 08

michelle79

Postby Rache » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi girls, just after a bit of advice. Poppy has her injections tmw! Have your LO's had theirs yet and did you tell them the truth about what was happening? Poppy thinks she is visiting the nurse for a checkup at the moment :)
ImageImage
Rache

Postby Claire31 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:16 am

Hi Rache :)

What injection is that ? My ds is almost 3 years 5 months ? I would tell him he was going for an injection but he loves Drs and the tv show Doc Mcstuffins! x
TTC 1 since October 2005
Clomid 50mg / 100mg 2008 - No Ov
IVF #1 Oct/Nov 08 - BFP!!
Gorgeous son born Aug 09
TTC 2 since March 2011
Clomid 100mg x2 summer 2012 - ov BFN
HyCoSy tubes clear
10 cycles of Letrozole (varying doses, some with hCG trigger) all BFNs
June 2014 ICSI - BFN :(
Oct, Nov & Dec 2014 Letz BFN
Jan 2014 Surprise Natural Ov
May, June & July 2015 Letz BFN
Aug 2015 Letz 5mg BFP
Second gorgeous son born May 2016
Ps I'm 41!

My Ovulation Chart
Claire31

Postby michelle79 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:30 am

hi rach, mine had their pre school jabs b4 xmas,cant remember when. I told twins the truth and that it would hurt 4 a very short time and they mite get a sticker. They hav 2 jabs,i took daniel and distracted him by gettin him 2 count 2 10 and he didnt even cry 2 the nurses amazement.dh took katie and she flinched on the 2nd one and the nurse missed and had 2 do it again (i blame dh). When katie had her needle in 4 her anaesthetic in sept i didnt tell her what was happening but had 2 really grip her and she went ape! The nurse said i think she would rather have watched. Good luck,am sure it'l b fine. Claire, its the pre school jabs, check red books 4 age,mine were about 3 and a half.
TTC since May 08

michelle79

Postby Claire31 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:34 am

Wow that came round fast! I will have a look in the red book :) I was on this thread as my son was born Aug 09 but am TTC number 2 so spend most of my life in Clomid buddies! xx
TTC 1 since October 2005
Clomid 50mg / 100mg 2008 - No Ov
IVF #1 Oct/Nov 08 - BFP!!
Gorgeous son born Aug 09
TTC 2 since March 2011
Clomid 100mg x2 summer 2012 - ov BFN
HyCoSy tubes clear
10 cycles of Letrozole (varying doses, some with hCG trigger) all BFNs
June 2014 ICSI - BFN :(
Oct, Nov & Dec 2014 Letz BFN
Jan 2014 Surprise Natural Ov
May, June & July 2015 Letz BFN