For those expecting Multiples (Twins and more)

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: For those expecting Multiples (Twins and more)

Postby Verve » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Freaking out a bit today having got a bit of a stitch like pain in my side. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.
Verve

Postby Rach P » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:47 am

Congrats Verve. The stitch type pain was really normal for me. It is just your muscles stretching to prepare for babies.
Diagnosed 05
BFP 8/4/08 - Clomid #2 (100mg) - EDD 13/12/08
Alanis & Danté born in hospital at 38+5 on 4/12/08 weighing 6lb6oz & 6lb13oz
Natural BFP 3/9/11 - EDD 2/5/12
Eden born in water at home at 39+4 on 29/4/12 weighing 7lb6oz

http://thiswomansworkblog.blogspot.com/
Rach P

Postby michelle79 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi
Congratulations to all you new twin mummies to be, what an exciting time for you, hope you have very long and boring pregnancies, do you know what you are having?
Question for the few mummies with twins older than my two. At what age did your two start making their own friends? We have regular play dates with children of various ages and both genders, but we are still at the stage where they only want to play with each other about 90% of the time. I tried Katie at ballet last week in the hope it will give her some time to herself and she just wouldn't do anything, think think the class was a bit advanced but she was so excited about it. If she takes up with the younger class then I am going to try Daniel at football (I know very stereotyping but suits their temperament and build) but if she doesn't I will probably just take them swimming together. There was another twin mum at the ballet class who was trying to do the same as me with her two but the little girl wasn't taking to the ballet and preferred football! Do you think it's a good idea to split twins up to allow them some time to develop in their own way or wait til they are ready to do it themselves? We are unable to split them at nursery now as the group isn't big enough and there is only one class when they start school.
Thanks
Michelle x
TTC since May 08
1st round clomid 100mg - BFP 31/10/08

michelle79

Postby espoir » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi ladies, just found out yesterday that I'm 7 weeks pregnant with twins!! These will be babies no 2 and 3 for us, so still trying to get our head around how we'll manage! Can any twin mums second time round give some advice?!!
espoir

Postby sicily » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Oh my goodness espoir, I missed that you even had a bfp! I've not been on the ttc boards so much.
Congratulations! Are they FSH babies? So pleased for you after your struggles with the chemical pregnancies. Yay! Xx
sicily

Postby Verve » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:26 pm

Am now 14 weeks pregnant with twins. Yesterday I experienced a stitch like pain in the pelvic area quite low (I have mentioned it previously but it lasted all day). Called the hospital who advised me to take some paracetomol and suggested it may just be stretching of the uterus. Seems to be fine but the slightest movement can trigger it off. Hopefully I have nothing to worry about. Saw my twins last week and they looked healthy so fingers crossed. As you can imagine I'm full of anxiety despite being in the second trimester. Not sure I will ever chill out. Good luck to all xxxx
Verve

Postby Kasha » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:15 am

Verve not sure how i missed it, comgratulations hun i'm really made up for you x
Even with a singlempregnancyni have experienced stitch like pains so try not tomworry. I get them now even when i walk too fast or do too much. Try and take it easy. If you are concerned have a chat with your midwife. In my experience they have always been helpful and reassuring even when i feel as tho im being a bit neurotic!

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby espoir » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Thanks Sicily! Yes they are FSH babies! Luckily there were only two follicles, as it was obviously a fertile cycle :lol: Can't believe your DD is almost here - will have to start stalking your thread now :D

Verve, I had stitch like pains in my last pregnancy - it was a bit later on, but prob with twins they start earlier, esp now as the uterus is heading out of the pelvis. I had a lot of pain this morning when I bent down to tie my shoes!

How's everyone doing on their fluid intake? I've never been a great drinker and am struggling, but really feel I need to drink as I'm thirsty, but what goes in seems to come right out! I also think I've probs with my BP - it was high when I had my first check up and at certain points in the day I do feel that it's gone up as I feel a bit faint - am wondering if related to lack of fluids as well? Anyone have experience of this?
espoir

Postby sicily » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Yes, 4 weeks to go for me! It kind of feels like ages because of Christmas happening in between, but at the same time not long at all!
I'm so pleased the fsh worked for you after a long wait. And twins, sooooo exciting!! Hope the bp and constant weeing gets a bit better as you get into 2nd tri. I am finding myself absolutely parched and desperate for water at the moment, especially through the night, doesn't help hauling my bump out of bed into the cold bathroom! X
sicily

Postby noplacelikehome » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Evening ladies,

Can I join you on this thread? I had my viability scan today after my first round of IUI and they confirmed that there are two little beans in there! Am over the moon but also just a little nervous about the whole thing, too. :-) Am 7 weeks yesterday, so still early days.

Verve, have had stitches too (though they felt a bit more 'crampy' for me), and the doc said they weren't anything to worry about. I got lots of reassuring responses when I fretted about them on the TTC board too. :-) Congrats btw!

Espoir, congrats! I think I'm about a week or so behind you...? My fluid intake is rubbish - normally I top it up with ginger tea, but am not sure which herbal teas are OK now, so am going to hold fire until I can ask the midwife. In the mean time I shall try and force myself to drink water, though I really dislike the stuff for some reason. My bigger worry is my calcium intake - I don't eat much dairy. So sick of yoghurts already!

Love NPLH xx
Diagnosed: 1998 (Age 17)
TTC naturally since August 2009. DH's SA fine.
2011 Clomid, 3 rounds, no ov.
Dec 11 - Ovarian drilling/Lap & Dye, all hunky dory.
Sept 12 - IUI Cycle 1 - No follicles.
Nov 12 - IUI Cycle 2 - 2 follicles. BFP, Twins!
noplacelikehome

Postby Emma78 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Congratulations Espoir! I am a 2nd time twin mum and have just survived 2yrs - it's hard work, but amazing!

Congratulations also to NPLH and Verve!

Emma78

Postby Mojito » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm

congratulations all!
espoir my ds was two when my twins were born. the girls are six months now. its crazy and as emma says hard work but lovely too. what will the age gap be?
xx
IVF#1 - Jan 08 - BFP - DD born sleeping at 32+2 - forever in our hearts
IVF#2 - March 09 - BFP - DS born November 2009
IVF#3 - April 2011 - BFP - Early Miscarriage
IMSI - October 2011 - BFP twin girls born June 2012
Mojito

Postby Verve » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:30 pm

HI all

trying to find the best double pushchair. Hubby is keen to find one where the car seats are included i.e can be placed in the frame of the push chair but I haven't spotted one for twins.
Verve

Postby Mojito » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Verve - The baby jogger city select has separate seats which can be moved in the frame, to face forward/back etc if that's what you mean?
IVF#1 - Jan 08 - BFP - DD born sleeping at 32+2 - forever in our hearts
IVF#2 - March 09 - BFP - DS born November 2009
IVF#3 - April 2011 - BFP - Early Miscarriage
IMSI - October 2011 - BFP twin girls born June 2012
Mojito

Postby espoir » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Verve, I think you can buy adaptors for all the double buggies so that car seats will fit, if you don't want to go with the same model car seat as the push chair. My sister has a baby jogger push chair and a maxi-cosi car seat. As we already have one maxi-cosi seat, we'll also be looking for a pushchair that will take that.

Congrats NPLH! Great to know that I have a twin buddy! Do you have scans coming up? We have one on Tues, so hoping they are both still there. Have had a cold since Christmas, so hard to tell if my tiredness and lack of appetite is due to that or the pregnancy as otherwise I don't have any symptoms.

Mojito and Emma, it's great to know there are some 2nd time Mums here, as I have lots of questions for you, but will wait til I know everything is ok before starting!! My DS will be almost 2.5 years old when they arrive, so hoping he'll be ok with it. He seems to love babies and is used to them from the creche, but at the same time, over the hols with me being sick, I've noticed him playing up more to get my attention. How has it been with your number 1s?

Wish you all a great 2013! xx
espoir

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood