Ttc just had pcos diagnosis looking for support and success

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Ttc just had pcos diagnosis looking for support and success

Postby Amyg » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi everyone,

Im looking for some support. I am 26 this year, I came ofd the pill in May 2016. I had 3 cycles - 39, 39, 38. Then nothing...they did an ultrasound and bloods and told me I have PCOS. I got to day 78 and i got my period naturally but it didn't stop and I was haemorrhaging. After 20 days the docs put me on norethisterone to stop thw bleeding and it worked and then I had my withdrawal bleed and that lasted 6 days. Im now day 33 on this cycle...no idea if I ovulated or anything this cycle but not got a great feeling. I had an appt with the gynae as i was referred by my gp..they ofcourse said nothing they can do until ive been trying a year..I asked abiut if my 20 day period happens again and they said theres nothing they can do for me. Cant go on metformin cos I am a healthy weight. I feel so at a loss!!
Amyg

Re: Ttc just had pcos diagnosis looking for support and succ

Postby Hols969 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:41 am

I would start charting your temperature (look at fertilityfriends website) as it is the only accurate way for pcos ladies, also dont focus too much on a period as they dont really mean too much, mine were relatively regular but I rarely ovulated. I know a number of ladies on here who have got pregnant without a period as well.

Generally it is 6 months before fertility treatment with pcos so you may need to push, look at the NICE guidelines as it advises what to expect generally with PCOS so then at least you will know it so they cannot fob you off. For now get your diet as good as poss so cut out all white carbs as they make the symptoms worse, also get your partner's diet good as 1/3 of fertility issues are now men (maybe get him on the Boots Vit C and zinc tablets just to be sure as my hubbies improved by over a 100% in a year)

You have loads of time so dont worry too much, our egg quality remains better for longer so we can conceive much later than non pcos ladies, so you have at least 10 years till it becomes more 'urgent'!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Ttc just had pcos diagnosis looking for support and succ

Postby Amyg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Thanks for your support :) i will check out the NICE guidelines!
Amyg

Return to Trying to Conceive