TTC Questions

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

TTC Questions

Postby hewitsonem » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:40 am

Hi everyone :)

I'm new to the forum but you all seem so friendly so I'm hoping you might be able to give me some advice!

I was diagnosed with PCOS 7 years ago (I'm now 27) and have been taking the Pill since then to control my symptoms. My husband and I are now in a position where we want to think about starting a family, and obviously this will mean coming off the Pill. Before I was diagnosed I really struggled with acne and excess hair - are there treatments for these that won't interfere with us TTC?

I will go and speak to my doctor before doing anything of course, but I've moved surgeries since I was diagnosed and my new one doesn't seem to be as clued up on PCOS as my old doctor was so I want to make sure I'm prepared before I go in!

Thanks in advance for the help - any other words of wisdom about TTC more than welcome! :)
hewitsonem

Re: TTC Questions

Postby Hols969 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:27 pm

You are so restricted when TTC to what you can take for hair or acne issues sadly - is your BMI good and your hubbie - I would get your hubbie on the Boots Vit C and zinc tablets just to make sure his wrigglers are performing well as 1/3 of fertility issues are now men. Are you on the combined pill ? If so the next six months as your body is less pcos it means you have a higher chance of conceiving as well. When you come off the pill I would look at fertilityfriends and start charting your temperature as a period doesnt mean you are ovulating and you can ovulate without one too so the most accurate way is to take your temperature.

Fingers crossed your TTC journey is short but there is loads of help out there so you will get there as it is pretty rare not to conceive just due to pcos.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Trying to Conceive