TTC and the blues

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

TTC and the blues

Postby Chelsea247 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:58 pm

Hoping to find a bit of support. I feel like I'm going crazy. I only found out I had pcos when came off the pill (sorry new to this so don't know abbreviations) since me and my husband have been TTC I have been trying to stay strong. And to everyone pn the outside I have. But deep down I feel like I'm going crazy. Every random twinge or sicky feeling or funny taste I'm like maybe that's a pregnancy sign. I do a test nearly every week. I just keep thinking because I'm not having a period how will I know if I suddenly fell pregnant. I've been on metformin for a month and a half now. And have my first appointment at hospital this month. Hoping to get prescribed clomid. Just hoping I'm not the only one feeling these feelings. Thanks
Chelsea247

Re: TTC and the blues

Postby dosymare » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:47 pm

You're not. Its hard, and I'm sure many other girls will share there stories with you and there support. But if you read some of the other feeds you will also see you're not alone.

I did the same. For the first year after coming off the contraceptive pill. I had no visit from AF and I had so many signs morning sickness, breast tenderness, burping, tummy cramps each and every time something happened I googled it and according to Google there are a LOT of normal things that can mean pregnancy and so I took test after test after test. Until I stopped caring I didnt even want to try let alone test coz I "knew" it wouldn't work. But you are already on your journey. You will get there. You just need to stay strong
dosymare

Postby Hols969 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:31 am

I would start taking your temperature to actually see if you are ovulating (fertilityfriends website is good) as that is the only way to see if we are. We can ovulate without a period so is worth doing it. Make sure you force a bleed every 3 months to keep your uterus healthy. Stop testing too and over analysing your body otherwise you truly will go mad - it is a strange thing TTC with pcos, my best advise is to up your exercise to try and keep you going mentally too as it can be quite depressing. Use FF website as this will indicate when you may ovulate so this will stop the testing as well.

Make sure you ask for your partner to be tested as well as 1/3 of fertility issues are men.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Blue_234 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi,
I'm in the same situation. TTC for 13 months now. Been given diagnosis of PCOS in March this year. Been on Metformin for 3 weeks. Never had a positive pregnancy test. And I know people mean well by saying I'm young (27 years old) and that it will happen when its meant to. But sometimes a good cry and understanding its ok to feel crappy about the situation is just what is needed. Plus the PCOS symptomsunfortunately mimic pregnancy symptoms too! I would say make sure you give time for yourself to enjoy whats going on in life so that it isnt the sole focus! But to then allow yourself to feel what you're feeling. I was taking loads of pregnancy tests, but stopped taking as many now. I just think that if I am and I don't take one for a while then maybe I'll eventually test and be like 5 weeks pregnant! (Easier said than done). Took my last preg test yesterday (neg). Waiting on next cycle to start!
Blue_234

Return to Trying to Conceive