Please help

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Please help

Postby Loup110 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:14 pm

I was diagnosed as having PCOS when I was 22
At the time I was just under 7 stonew and was told if I ever wanted to conceive then I shouldn't put on too much weight.

I had a baby when I was 33. I was around 7 stone. Since then I have gone up to 9 stone. I have been trying for another baby - Nov 15 miscarriage at 7 was, March 16 miscarriage at 15 weeks, Sept 16 miscarriage at 11 weeks.

I have never been offered any treatment relating to PCOS other than the pill. The pill seems to muck up my hormones and make me horribly depressed so I have declined.

I really want baby number 2. Should I be pushing for more tests? Should I be pushing for more medication?
Should I try and get back to 7 stone??? I'm 36 now so time is running out. My consultant said they won't be doing any blood tests asyou last ones were clear. I'm sure they can help me more....

I have also read that those who do not receive treatment for pcos are at increased risk of endometrial cancer. What treatment helps prevent this?????

My mum died when I was 24. I CANNOT do this to my son. It's hard enough having so many miscarriages without a mum to turn to let alone thinking I might do this to my son.

Any advice so gratefully received
Thanks
Loup110

Re: Please help

Postby Emily100292 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:01 am

Hi I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 16 they sent me to a gynaecology doctor and she said there's no cure for pcos apart from hormone tablets they put me on the pill but it never worked there's a few tablets they put me on to and they ain't worked I have facial hair to, which I had laser treatment but it was too painful for me to carry on they say the best thing is weight lose but when I went to a higher professional doctor he said it hard to lose the weight with pcos because it gains weight on you and I know so many people that are thin that has pcso and ain't big.
If I was you I would go see local doctor and asked to be transferred to see a professional doctor for psco there is other treatments they can give because I read up about them but they try and tell you there ain't.
My mum had her cysts lasered of her ovaries and then she conceived on my brother.
Hope this information is helpful
Xxx
Emily100292

Re: Please help

Postby Hols969 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:22 am

We are at risk of endrometrial cancer but only due to not having periods so you do need to have 4 a year to keep your uterus healthy.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Trying to Conceive