Can someone help answer my confusion?

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Can someone help answer my confusion?

Postby D9101 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Hi, I am new to this site and have a question that my doctor can never explain to me no matter how many times I ask. It is bothering me more and more as I get older and now me and my husband are thinking of trying for a baby in the next couple of months. When I was diagnosed with pcos 7 years ago I had the blood tests and they all came back normal but they sent me for an ultrasound anyway which is where they found I had pcos, my question to my doctor was why is it possible that I have pcos but my hormone levels are normal? Surely they shouldn't be? The women in my family don't have pcos and i was told it commonly runs in families so how am I the only one? I am now worrying that when we start trying for a baby I will be the failure that can't have a baby and I also worry if I do fall pregnant I will lose the baby and it will be my fault again. I know my husband doesn't see it in this way, he says he loves me no matter what but I would be heartbroken to know I cannot have the one thing I have always wanted.
D9101

Re: Can someone help answer my confusion?

Postby Joanne81 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:51 pm

Hello.

I am not 100% but sure you could find it on the internet, but perhaps you have polycystic ovaries and not pcos...there is a difference and pcos has a hormonal inbalance and is the one that causes fertility issues. How old are you if you don't mind me asking/how long have you been together? You could always speak to the GP about more tests to see if you will even need any help. Or you could start doing ovulation tests and checking your bbt which will tell you if you are ovulating. Do you have regular cycles? xxxxx
TTC #1 since May '12, diagnosed Aug '12 after a lifetime of irregular cycles and lack of ovulation. Referred for treatment Jan '13. 7 rounds of clomid and DD Molly born at 36 weeks 30/07/2014

TTC #2 Sept 2016...BFP Dec 2016. EDD 31/8/17.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8ed0
Joanne81

Re: Can someone help answer my confusion?

Postby Hols969 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:36 pm

It all depends on when the blood tests are taken as to the results, it is not uncommon to have normal bloods but have cysts and the other way around, abnormal bloods but no cysts.

We do not have an increased risk of miscarriage due to pcos and some ladies have no problems getting pregnant, it is pretty rare not to conceive just due to pcos.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Trying to Conceive