PCOS & Periods

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

PCOS & Periods

Postby charlottedee1 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:34 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place, but I wanted to hear people's experiences with pcos and periods. I'm 20 years old and I received confirmation that I had PCOS in February. I stopped having periods completely when I was 17 years old and was originally told by my old doctor that I couldn't have children without any tests being done. Last month I started to bleed slightly but it was mainly blood clots, which my doctors confirmed it was my body trying to have a period. 3 weeks later I have come on again and it has now been over 2 weeks and still no sign of stopping! I'm bleeding very heavily ( I'm using well over 20 pads a day, always doubling up and there are days where I have to change my trousers during the day) and I wasn't sure if that is a normal with pcos?

I also wanted to know if people who stopped having periods for years has had long term fertility problems. I'm only 20 and children is not something that I have considered yet. What is the best way of finding out if I have any long term problems, and would be something I have to privately fund?

Thank you!
charlottedee1

Re: PCOS & Periods

Postby Tigerbabby78 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:50 pm

I had the same problem. I eventually went to my gp and they gave me tranaxemic acid and having bloods which showed anaemia which can be a vicious cycle of bleeding as anaemia believe it or not can make the bleeding continue xx if you're not thinking about having children look at taking pill or investigating in some herbal supplements xx
Tigerbabby78

Return to Trying to Conceive