Nhs referral

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Nhs referral

Postby Tigerbabby78 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi there,

Just wondered if anyone knows what the guidance is regarding NHS referral to fertility clinic? I read somewhere it is 6 months if you have pcos or endo etc or one year if no known problems. However I have read in a few places it's two years ?

Xx
Tigerbabby78

Re: Nhs referral

Postby Raycherooster » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:23 am

I think it depends on your doctor I'm afraid.

I was referred quite early on but I hadn't been diagnosed with PCOS yet and they would give me any help until after a year.
Raycherooster

Postby Mrs A » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:46 am

NICE guidelines state 2 years but if you already have a diagnosis of pcos then you can usually get one sooner (6-12 months)... It depends on your age a lot too if they need to push things through. Have a read of the NICE guidelines so you are armed with the facts for your gp appointment... Good luck! x
Me & Hubs (35)
TTC #1 - 2012
2014 - Clomid - Ectopic pregnancy - op
Aug 14 - Lap & Dye, right tube removed & left tube looks healthy
Feb 15 - IVF cx - large cyst
April 15 - IVF cx - poor response to stimms
May 15 - IVF... 1x3 day transfer - BFP!
July 15 - Ovarian torsion - op. Our little fighter pulled through!
Our beautiful daughter arrived 7/2/16 <3
TTC #2 - 2016... natural BFP 2018... Miscarriage @ 8+5
TTC journey completed... 2 sleeping babies and one miracle xxx
Mrs A

Postby Tigerbabby78 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:12 am

Ah great thanks for the info!

It would make sense for a lady with pcos to be referred sooner for help. I went to GPS earlier this year after trying for two years with no luck he referred me then I fell pregnant but miscarried. I obviously dudnt go as I had got pregnant. I went to see my GP after about it and she said it will be two years then before she can refer me but as I left she said don't quote me on that though if you're having trouble after 6 months come back. So then been scanning the Internet and had conflicting info!

The nice guidance is interesting thanks! I had a look and it said 6 months like you said. So I think if I haven't. Managed to get pregnant again by Feb/ March time I will go back xxx
Tigerbabby78

Postby Mrs A » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:05 am

Hey!

I'd personally go back now if you had already been trying for 2 years before you miscarriage (very sorry to hear about your loss). You already have the pcos diagnosis too. I'm not sure of your age... You may be best to get the ball rolling now as you may have to wait a few months for a referral too. Again, if you fall pregnant before then, you just cancel the referral/appointment... I'd rather have that back up plan in place since you've been trying on your own for some time. All the best to you. x
Me & Hubs (35)
TTC #1 - 2012
2014 - Clomid - Ectopic pregnancy - op
Aug 14 - Lap & Dye, right tube removed & left tube looks healthy
Feb 15 - IVF cx - large cyst
April 15 - IVF cx - poor response to stimms
May 15 - IVF... 1x3 day transfer - BFP!
July 15 - Ovarian torsion - op. Our little fighter pulled through!
Our beautiful daughter arrived 7/2/16 <3
TTC #2 - 2016... natural BFP 2018... Miscarriage @ 8+5
TTC journey completed... 2 sleeping babies and one miracle xxx
Mrs A

Postby Tigerbabby78 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:01 pm

Thanks Mrs A. That's what I have been thinking. My GP said back in July because I had achieved pregnancy that I would have to wait 2 years which seems very excessive for someone with a fertility problem. My periods are very irregular cd22-42 withe the odd 19 day cycle.I am not entirely convinced I ovulate every cycle! It's so frustrating lol I think if I don't ovulate this cycle then I'm going to go back and say look I've not ovulated for the last two cycles and I was trying two years before I lost the last pregnancy etc. Maybe I need to be a bit more forceful..... xxxx
Tigerbabby78

Return to Trying to Conceive