IVF with donor egg my only chance to have kids

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

IVF with donor egg my only chance to have kids

Postby melllany » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:56 pm

Hello ladies! I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now. Today I finally decided to register and ask for help. I will start from the beginning so it will be clear what I'm asking for. When I was 20 I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure. I couldn't understand why it happened with me. I've been always dreaming about big family. I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. My parents have been together for 40 years already! They've always been an example for me. But my diagnose changed me completely. I thought I will never meet a man, who will love me with my problem. Who wants to be with a woman, who cannot have children? That what I was thinking about. I closed in my room and I was trying to go outside as rare as possible. I started to be afraid of people. I didn't hang out with friends. I put an end on myself. But one day husband of my older sister came to visit parents. It happened so he was with his friend. When I remember that day i can't hold back my smile)) It was love from the first sight! I don't know how but it cured my heart and my mind. Suddenly I realized that my problem is not that huge anyway. There are so much people, who have problems much more worst then mine and they keep on living no matter what! We start dating soon after we met. And i told him the truth. Of course I was afraid to loose him. But he supported me and said 'We'll figure it out together!' We've been married for 3 years already. We think it's time for us to have children. The only solution for us is IVF with donor egg. But we are confused and don't know what clinic is better to choose? What should be considered? I will be grateful for any help!
melllany

Re: IVF with donor egg my only chance to have kids

Postby melllany » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Thank you so much for your support and useful tips. I will definitely consider all you've mentioned! I'm from New Jersey. We first was thinking to have ed ivf here in US. But prices are too high for us. We want to save some money for our future baby. And if we have this procedure here we just leave with nothing… Could you please tell more about this clinic? Was it hard to communicate? What about the price? Usually clinics pull everything to the last penny. Did you stay at the hotel? How did you get to the clinic? By subway? Was the clinic easy to find for the foreigner? I'm very sorry for my questioning) I want to be prepared for all complications if it's possible. I'm so scared to go abroad, so far away from home. I don't know how this process can be done without knowing language. Also there are so many fake agencies. I want to stay positive, but all these thought never left my mind…
melllany

Postby melllany » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:19 pm

Everything sounds pretty good! It seems clinic counted each detail so foreign patients will feel themselves in full comfort. Because we counted how much it will cost to hire taxi, translator and staying at hotel and price turned out to be huge! Could you please tell more about the package you've chosen? And how much did you pay? Did you pay all sum at once? I'm a little bit afraid to give all money right away. Was there some additional fees? I've read reviews that some clinics start to demand more money after signing a contract. And you have no other variant but pay more… Does the clinic have some other packages? What if I need only one attempt? But anyway it's surprised me that the clinic repays money for failure! And also I have a very big concern. There is war in Ukraine. Is it safe to go there? I’ve seen so many horrible reports from the news. Innocent people die there, whole cities turn into ruins. Maybe now is not the best time to go there?
melllany

Postby melllany » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:42 pm

Thank you so much for all this details! I hope I don't bother you too much) How do they choose egg donors? How can you be sure they are healthy? Did you choose donor by yourself? I watch some videos about unhealthy egg donors. Some clinics don't make tests so baby may be born with genetic diseases. This scared me to death! I don't want my child suffer physically and mentally from bullying and reproaches. I want to ask you just a couple more things) I hope you don't mind) How much time did you visit the clinic? And what was with transportation and housing? I mean the clinic provides all these services during first visit. But what with other times? What about medical tests and ultrasounds? Did you have to do them each time in biotexcom?
melllany

Postby melllany » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:42 pm

Thank you for all these details. Their donors are so young! It's nice they check not only donors' health, but also their relatives. I like the opportunity to give the clinic characteristics, so the child will look like me. I think it will help me not to think about de in future. And no one will tell me that my child looks differently from me. I was scared that that it will be obvious that baby is not mine. And everyone would start judging or feel pity for me. The last is the worst. I just want to live normal life. I want to have my family. I want my husband to be happy. And the most important I want to hear my child calls me 'mommy'. That's all I need! I think it's not that much… I appreciate your help! I'm glad I came here) Now I know what to do and how to do it right) Thanks for help and support!
melllany

Return to Trying to Conceive