TTC

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

TTC

Postby gemsyuk03 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:04 am

Hi all,

I am 31, and been with my partner 2 1/2 years now and have recently bought our first house, so have decided now is a good time to start TTC.

I came off Cerazette in December, and nothing happened just yet. Was told about 10 years ago after a scan that I had PCOS. I struggle with my weight, am about 17st, have lost a stone this year by mainly joining the gym and attending a lot of classes + healthy eating. Have always struggled with my weight since my teens. Need to lose 5 stone really..

Not on any medication or anything for the PCOS, have never really been told how bad it is or anything. Have a few apps on my phone monitoring my cycle, and also have used ovulation sticks and I do ovulate regularly and have regular periods. I spoke to my GP in december for some advice about changing high bp tablets, which I have done and since this + all ther exercise my bp is healthy.
The GP told me to come back in 6 months if I havent managed to conceive yet, which I haven't. We have properly been trying probably for the last 3 months or so.

Does anyone have any tips? The nurse this morning told me the only thing I now need to focus on is losing the weight. Have an appt with the GP friday to speak to her about what I should do, what can I expect? Is it a waste of time seeing her until I have lost a lot more weight? I would be keen to know how my ovaries look, and if there are any tests they can do?

Any advice is welcome. I have been so stressed the last few weeks, all of my friends seem to be pregnant and am finding it hard.

Thanks Xx
gemsyuk03

Return to Trying to Conceive