Support Please :(

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: Support Please :(

Postby chantel » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:10 pm

You don't haave polycystic ovaries- but you've got some follicles on one side and some follicles on the othe. The next step is ablood test for your hormone levels.

so what happens next. have you started trying to get pregnant on your own or what?
chantel

Postby Humphrey2368 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:15 pm

The sonographer said I sonographically don't have PCOS however that doesn't mean I haven't got it. I've had numerous blood tests and each time my LH is miles too high! 23.9 first time around! We have been ttc naturally for nearly two years! I was diagnosed last year with pcos by a gynae consultant so I'm now basically confused!
I'm having more bloods Thursday and the OH has to do a SA and then we can be referred for fertility treatment so we are waiting for the results of that!
Humphrey2368

Postby chantel » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:53 pm

I've been to see my GP wants more and he's going to do some more blood test hormone blood test NHS fshh levels and a Day 21 blood test. I have an appointment for the assisted conception unit and I'm so frightened of it a partner is away right now I really wish I could put the brakes on things but I can't now as I've set it in Motion. not only that but my referal was made as a result of a complaint about a previous GP refuse to refer me for any tests or anythingty
chantel

Postby Humphrey2368 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:42 pm

Can you make contact with them and explain your situation? Surely they would make an exception seeing as your OH is away? It seems really unfair to go through all this without him! :( Has he done a SA?
Humphrey2368

Postby chantel » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:15 pm

I don't know and I'm worried that as I'm already 39, 40 inDecember..if I don't get in the system now then it will be the harder for me I know that funding he's going to be in a tricky issue.

I'm scare and I don't even know what they're going to do I'm tempted not even to send the form in because I'm just so frightened.

other half said to wait until he comes back but it's too late now I told him if I don't know and I don't meet with the clinic and you don't get me in the system we might not get any offers at all.
chantel

Postby Humphrey2368 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:28 pm

Maybe you could start the process then explain the situation once you have your first appointment? They may be accommodating? Are you NHS or another country? I'm sure as your situation is different they would be understanding?
Oh bless you! Try not to fret! I'm sure all will be ok- they will want to do further tests, scans and probably the dye test to check your tubes are open etc. before they do anything too invasive etc and by that time your OH would be back? Also the referral could take longer than you think to go through too?
I know how you feel especially when things are unknown and you don't know what to do for the best but try to keep as calm as you can and maybe send it off and go to the first appointment and find out what will happen and then explain your situation. I'm sure you will be ok :)
Humphrey2368

Postby chantel » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi

I have been to the Gp again I have a blood form for more tests I am having my day 21 bloods taken, this is to look at my progesterone E2 levels, this will tell me whether or not I was ovulating last month. I had a my referral form answer. the clinic answered. With my OH being away I put it on hold..!!!! I was told treatment was free up until the age of 40. I am 40 in December ...keep you posted. What's happening with you? are you pregnant?
chantel

Postby Humphrey2368 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:29 pm

Hi Chantel,

How are you Hun? I hope you're well? Great about seeing the GP and the bloods will definitely be able to show what is going on. Are you having regular periods or not? I'm so glad you were able to put things on hold until your OH is back! That's great news! Did you say he's back in Oct? If so that gives you a good 3 months to get the ball rolling right? Yes do keep me posted!

Not pregnant yet! My periods are not very regular at all! Having a period at the mo and have had 2 others this year. That the most I've ever had (since I had anorexia as a teenager! They were spot on before that!) So far I've had to do the pre-referral stuff; bloods, swabs, smear & scan! My OH has to do a SA and then once the results are through we have to go back to the GP to collate the results and then we will be referred!!! OH can't get an appointment until early sept so the referral will probably go off end of sept to start treatment end of December early Jan I would think we would be seen? Fingers crossed its faster but I will keep you posted! X
Humphrey2368

Postby chantel » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:37 pm

it's great to hear from you it's like a lifeline this forum! in the area that you live in do you have to pay for any of your fertility treatment or will you be getting it for free?
I have period almost every month the problem is is there always two or three days late. you can't always tell from the outside when you're ovulating or not so this is the problem .The other problem is that I got one good ovary and one bad ovary.

The that I went to the success rate for people my age group was only 18% I wondered whether or not it would be greater on my own then without any treatment 18% doesn't seem to be very much
what is the situation for yourself what sort of chances percentage wise has been given to you
chantel

Postby Humphrey2368 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:56 pm

Hey Hun,
Yes I know what you mean! It's only us who experience and go through it! As much as friends and family are a great support- they don't have the same level of understanding as people going through it themselves!
No we won't be paying as ours is NHS treatment. How about you? Ah I see- so you need to get a clearer picture as to whether you're ovulating- I see. Had you been trying prior to your OH being away? When you had your scan was the radiographer happy with the good ovary e.g did they say they could see follicles etc? All this is very positive Hun- you have periods and you have a healthy ovary- all seems to be moving in the right direct :)

I'm not sure in terms of success rates really but do you know what treatment you will be having? Will they be trying you on clomid or are you having IVF? Either way it's worth trying between getting medical treatment and you never know it may happen naturally?

As I'm waiting for my referral I'm not sure about chances percentage wise but I will of course keep you posted as soon as I get seen! Just waiting for my husband to have his SA beginning of Sept and then we can move forward but just feels like we're treading water at the mo jumping through all the hoops to get referred! Frustrating!! :(
Humphrey2368

Postby chantel » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi There

Sorry for the long wait in reply..ahh... where shall I start, I have had bloods taken on day 21, I am waiting for the result, due next week. I am going to ask my Gp for a copy of the scan report to find out how many follicles I have. In terms of IVF the clinic I was referred to- was NHS they have a very low success rate. something like 13%

I wonder whether or not I am going to be more successful on my own? In terms of being referred the NICE guidelines state that we should be referred within six months....with a few weeks of receiving the referral they send you an information pack (with their prices too) in my area I can have some things fee up to the age of 40
chantel

Postby Humphrey2368 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Hey Hun,

No worries I know what it's like :) sorry for my delayed reply! Oh let me know how your blood results go and your scan too! That seems a very low rate I must say? Never heard of a rate like that but to be fair I've not really looked into IVF as I'm not sure what we will be offered yet!

There's no harm in trying on your own while waiting for an appointment is there? And then bonus if it works out but if not you have treatment to fall back on? I never knew they could charge for fertility treatment? As far as I was aware they were only able to charge you if you or your partner had children already? I really need to look into this more! Just ticking all the boxes at the moment is driving me nuts! Lol!
Humphrey2368

Re: Support Please

Postby chantel » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:30 pm

CCG's have there treatment criteria's in mine it is up until 40 I think it is one egg transfer, when you are referred you should get information pack with their prices
chantel

Postby swingblue » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:12 am

chantel wrote: In terms of IVF the clinic I was referred to- was NHS they have a very low success rate. something like 13%

I wonder whether or not I am going to be more successful on my own? In terms of being referred the NICE guidelines state that we should be referred within six months....with a few weeks of receiving the referral they send you an information pack (with their prices too) in my area I can have some things fee up to the age of 40

I suppose 13% is a success rate of insemination, it is really very low rate for ivf. Eg best invitro clinics in Gdansk have almost 50% success rate, usually invitro clinics reach 30-40 % success rate in terms of ivf
swingblue

Postby chantel » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:23 am

in poland u seem to have exceptionally good rate is this all private?
chantel

PreviousNext

Return to Trying to Conceive