Support Please :(

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Support Please :(

Postby Humphrey2368 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:02 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm so sorry for having a moan but I need to vent somewhere! Feeling incredibly low right now and could do with some support! Basically my husband and I have been ttc since Nov 2014. I had anorexia as a teen and my periods stopped. When I turned 17 I met my husband and was on contraception ever since! 10 years later and married we decided to try for a baby and Nov 2014 I came off contraception. No period until April 2015. My GP was concerned and so ran a full blood screening. Everything came back normal apart from my LH which was 23.9!!!! At this time my FSH was 8.5. She referred my to gynae who yet again ran bloods and told me I had PCOS and said I have to try for 2 years before I can get fertility treatment and discharged me! (I'm 27- 28 in a couple of weeks!). In the interim we moved house which is stressful enough as it is! My period came again sept 2015 and then nothing so after this I went to see a herbalist. As my only abnormal blood result is my LH I heard black cohosh can help! I started taking this in February this year 2016 and I had a period in April and for the first time another consecutive period in May!!! 2 consecutive periods since I became anorexic at 13!!! I was over the moon so went back to my GP to get some bloods and low and behold results today... LH 18.5 and FSH 7.7- still abnormal! And now I'm totally confused! I can see the LH has come down quite a lot but apart from that I'm clueless and this evening I have come home extremely tearful and pessimistic about ever having children! 3 of my friends have told me in the last 2 months they are expecting and they only came off contraceptives in February! I'm over the moon for them really I am but at the moment I feel so frustrated and sad and needed somewhere safe to vent! Sorry for the rant! I was so positive at the start of the week but after this I feel lost! I just wondered if anyone can offer me advice or support!
I would be so greatful! Thankyou so much!
Humphrey2368

Re: Support Please :(

Postby chantel » Sun May 29, 2016 10:09 pm

hi it's been a long time since I made a post -but I understand how you feel I'm going to think about starting to try to conceive to. I was diagnosed with PCOS late at the age of 35 I had some test taken in 2011 fsh evels 5.7 and the LH was 11.4.
The gynae nurse gave me these results over the phone I didn't even know anything about PCOS and what this means I had to do my research and I came across this supported website thank God

I change my GP in found out in my old medical records that my former GP my results are abnormal 2003 which meant a 7 year gap between the diagnosis date. anyway I'm starting all over again now with a new GP we tried to make an enquiry with the assisted conception unit but it looks as though they have to go through the formal for referral. I'm a bit reluctant to do it for more assisted conception referral as my husband-to-be is working away at the moment and won't be back until November which away from now.oi

I'm going to have a trans vaginal scan done in July and I just told my husband about it to be about it this evening. my husband said yes fine but I don't think he really understand what's going on he doesn't really understand
my future husband just says all I want you to be happy I spoke with my GP and he suggested if it didn't work some other means of becoming a parent I was Furious with him for saying that other haven't even gone for infertility clinic yet

in your situation it sounds as though you're having test done and he's with your guy near your GP the most important thing it is knowing what your options when you get the results as I find
responses seem to be tailored around what services they can provide
chantel

Postby Humphrey2368 » Mon May 30, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi Chantel,

Thankyou for your reply! It's really lovely to hear from ladies like yourself and know you are not alone in this! I think men find it very hard to understand how it is for us knowing we are going through all of this emotion as well as the PCOS itself and not being able to do anything about it! It's also hard when you have friends around who through no fault of their own bring up children etc understandably because you're married etc and it's the next step and it's just not happening for you! Really hurts I must say!
That's really not nice of your GP to put doubt in your mind before you've even started! Especially with your husband not being there at the moment either :( I'm sorry you went through that! GPs really need to sort out their bedside manner especially with things that affect you totally such as pcos! :(
We have just moved GP surgery and luckily I work for the local hospital so my husband has said to put my mind at ease we need to get the ball rolling with this referral so I'm going down there this week. I'm expecting a long wait but I'm hoping it'll help me relax knowing the ball is rolling with that!
What is your scan for if you don't mind me asking? I had one when I was originally diagnosed with pcos but are you having another one as part of the start of the fertility process?
Thankyou for your message :)
Humphrey2368

Postby chantel » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:42 pm

A Transvaginal scan can tell me if I am ovulating...It is actually the best way.
In the area you live in - how long is the clinic waiting time? how are you funding your treatment?
chantel

Postby Humphrey2368 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:40 pm

Oh I see! I hope it goes well :)
As far as I'm aware it's a 12 week wait for the initial appointment but goodness knows how long until you start investigations etc!!! :((( I'm an NHS patient.
How about you? Are you going privately?
Humphrey2368

Postby kirsty3636 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:54 pm

Hello,
This is my first time using a forum and i don't feel I can talk to my GP or my partner and I don't want to tell my friends that I'm trying to conceive as i don't want the endless questions 'are you pregnant yet!'
Reading this tread that helped me and put my mind at ease that there are others out there in similar situations.

I have PCOS which was diagnosed after having lazer treatment on my cervix for cancer cells and developing pelvic inflammatory disease following the treatment.
Im a Midwife myself so I see families and babies every day in my job and I wouldn't want anything more than to have children myself. Always getting asked by the newly pregnant couple about if i have children yet or when I am going to have them.
I have been with my partner for over 9 years and I have finally had him agree that he is ready for children and I have come off the pill cerezette. I have read so many baby things about people coming off the pill and not having regular periods or being able to conceive for a long time.

Im worried as I have PCOS and have had pelvic inflammatory disease and been on crerezette that I will have problems conceiving. I don't want to delay having investigations or starting treatment but I am not comfortable talking to my GP and she will think I'm being silly and impatient and I need to wait the full two year.

Are people feeling the same?
I feel like I'm being so impatient with it but as Ive wanted children for such a long time but my partner has delayed things as he's not ready I feel I've wasted time being on contraception as I can't conceive anyway.
kirsty3636

Re: Support Please

Postby chantel » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:51 pm

hi guys
I agree once you have decided that you probably want children it's a really difficult things to do the anger, the grief the fear all comes into it. the anger in my case about the delayed diagnosis the grief about time you spent not trying for a baby and then the fear about what's going to happen when you do start trying for a baby.
I agree it's not something you can tell anyone because it's just too personal and tricky now I'm not pregnant ...believe you me I'm going to share it wTtith you my partner is away right now won't be back till October but I can't try but there are some tests I need to have done beforeand my scan is due in July so I'll let you guys know how it went. Yr
I'm trying very hard to lose somemore weight I want to lose half a stone but it's so difficult I've still got all of symptoms I've lost about 50% of my hair since this whole thing started.
it's really difficult I'm even worried that the midwife caring for me might not even know what polycystic ovaries is. I was on the combined pill cerazette I think and work like a dream but it's just maskedover the problems I came off it in 2009 and haven't gotten pregnant since I've been too frightened... early on in our relationship about a year ago I didt take the morning after pill and then felt so bad
chantel

Postby Hols969 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:33 am

You can be referred at 6 months as you have a known fertility issue - look at the NICE guidelines as they will help
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Humphrey2368 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:37 pm

I agree and I feel your pain! What I'm finding so hard at the moment is the fact that all my close friends are now having babies after 2 months or less of trying and I'm doing everything I can to help my pcos and nearly two years later still no baby! It's very hard- don't get me wrong I'm over the moon for my friends but part of you feels that sadness inside every time someone else tells you they are having a baby!! :(
Kirsty I know exactly how you feel! It's so frustrating and I feel so impatient about everything but I've finally bitten the bullet and booked a GP appointment to get a referral as I don't think this will ever happen naturally for me! Have either of you started the referral process? I just so scared I'm going to get fobbed off when I go!!
Like you I don't want to tell people I'm ttc- I keep telling people that we are not ready yet etc and I get so much pressure from my in-laws it's insane! I just don't want to tell anyone!
Verity is such a good and safe place to vent! The ladies on here are just so understanding! My husband bless him keeps telling me that all will be ok and to keep calm but he doesn't understand what we go through with this! Something that should be so natural and so easy is just so hard... X
Humphrey2368

Postby chantel » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:00 pm

well guys my GP baking enquiry with the assisted conception unit they did not answer I've been told that the assisted conception unit criteria in my area if you've got to be 39 and under a non smoker with a BMI under 30 I'm already 39 now so I'm wondering if they're not going to accept my referral either that call my GP told me I have to go to panel.

I have kind of preemptive things by asking for a trans vaginal scan of my ovaries will tell roughlyif the sono graper is experienced if I'm ovulating in the first place.

I have decided after that I'll ask for another referral to my gynae and see what will work best for me
chantel

Transvaginal vaginal scan findings

Postby chantel » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:27 pm

iIt was mixed news guys I have one ovary which has cysts info them and a submucous fibroid at three centimetres .

my right ovaries is good
chantel

Postby Humphrey2368 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:52 pm

Hi Chantel,

I'm glad you got some positive news :) so what happens next for you? Do you get referred for treatment or something? Were they able to tell you if you were ovulating or not?
I saw my GP today and she was great- she said she would refer me after a few tests. I have to have an up to date smear, some bloods, some swabs and OH has to give a sample and then she said she can refer us. I left feeling much more positive after feeling so negative having previously fobbed off so much!
Oh also need to wait for a scan appointment to come in the post as I have to also have this done! :)
Humphrey2368

Postby Humphrey2368 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:16 pm

Well my scan is tomorrow! Never seen such quick service!!!
Humphrey2368

Postby chantel » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:33 pm

How did it go? I have two bits of news first is the referral for the assisted conception came through. The second is that I have an appointment with GP. I next need to the gynae about shrinking the fibroid
chantel

Postby Humphrey2368 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi Chantel,

I hope you're well? I'm glad your referral has come through- when does everything start? Do they have to deal with the fibroid first before you begin?
It went really well- I was so nervous I was shaking when I got there- I think I naively thought they wouldn't find my ovaries- I convinced myself the night before I didn't have any!! Stupid I know!
Anyway during the scan the sonographer said my ovaries were very healthy and that I had no cysts at all which I was very confused about having been diagnosed with pcos!! She said that my ovarian function must be improving with the dietary changes I've made and although my ovaries do not suggest pcos sonographically that doesn't mean I don't have it!! All very confusing! She showed me 8 follicles in one ovary and 2 in the other and said my right ovary looked much better than my left. She said she would send the report to my GP who can then discuss the results with me (once my bloods, swabs and OH sample is done)- before sending my referral off, so although it's positive I'm kind of very confused at the same time! I suppose the GP will be able to tell me more and I'll keep you posted X
Humphrey2368

Next

Return to Trying to Conceive