Ovarian Drilling experiences

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Ovarian Drilling experiences

Postby sarebear » Mon May 16, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi ladies,
I often come on here to browse and I have posted in the past but thought I'd try to start a topic dedicated to Ovarian Drilling experiences. I'm sure there have already been many if I scroll back but thought I'd see what everyone here currently has experienced.
I am at home recovering after having my drilling done last week and am more than happy to explain my ttc 'story' so far if anyone would like me to?!
Just wondering how many others have had this done and what successes you may or may not have had. I haven't been offered any clomid or anything (tried and didn't respond previously) to go with it so am just waiting to see what happens now. Any experiences or advice would be so gratefully received! My consultant wasn't overly helpful with explaining success rates etc so I've been left to trawl the Internet for answers! I know this is one of the best places to come for answers and honesty :)
Thank you
Sarah :)
sarebear

Re: Ovarian Drilling experiences

Postby woody » Tue May 17, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi Sarah,
I had my ovarian drilling done exactly a year ago and now have a 4 day old curled up in my arms! I didn't respond to clomid at all and conceived with just ovarian drilling.

I hope yours works too! Xx
woody

Postby sarebear » Mon May 23, 2016 11:35 am

Thank you so much for your reply! That is so great to hear! I assume the board isn't used as much as it used to be or no-one else has anything good to say about drilling but it's great to hear even just one positive story!! I didn't respond to any clomid cycles (up to 150mg). I then did 3 rounds of gonal f injections which I ovulated on but didn't fall pregnant :( So really hoping that this ovarian drilling helps to regulate my hormones a bit more to give a better chance! Did u do anything else different? Lose weight? Change diet? Exercise? Vitamins etc?
Thanks so much again for replying and congrats on becoming a mummy!
Sarah :)
sarebear

Postby woody » Mon May 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi Sarah
I didn't do anything different at all. I'm quite fit anyway and have a healthy bmi which was why I had really hoped that the clomid would have worked but I didn't ovulate once on it. I don't know whether being fit etc helped the ovarian drilling to work though. Do you do much exercise? The only other thing I did was have a lovely holiday in Cornwall with my hubby 3 weeks before I conceived. I totally relaxed which may have helped as my job was very stressful at the time.
It took me 6 weeks to have a period, then it was about the same for my next one then I conceived so don't worry if you don't get one straight away. I was convinced it hadn't worked.
Also if I hadn't conceived within 6 months my consultant was going to try clomid again as it can be more effective post drilling so it might be worth asking your consultant at your next appointment.
Wishing you lots of luck! Do you do fertility friend or ovulation sticks at all? That's the only other thing I did xx
woody

Postby jag81 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi ,
I know this is old post but can you tell me how you got to get the ovarian drilling? did your GP refer you or did you have to ask for it?
Ta
jag81

Postby Hols969 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:52 am

Its often part of the process really - I had OD plus checked my tubes prior to going on clomid (as it has a 9 month time limit) so you should get checked out first before doing clomid really.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Trying to Conceive