Norethisterone query

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Norethisterone query

Postby Vic82 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:45 am

Hi ladies

I was wondering if anybody had experienced unusually light af after taking norethisterone? I took a 7 day course that finished last Thursday night and am due to start clomid on CD2. I've had some very, very light bleeding since Tuesday evening but it's really not much more than spotting and the doctor said to count CD1 as the first day of full menstrual flow, which I really wouldn't say I have had so now I'm in a dilemma as to whether to start taking the clomid today or not! Has anybody else only had really light periods with norethisterone? It's so frustrating as I was looking forward to finally starting treatment and yet again my stupid hormones have other ideas! I don't want to take the clomid if it's too early but equally I don't want to not take it and miss the boat this month.

I'm going to try to call the clinic at lunchtime but any advice from you ladies would be great.

Thanks
Vic
Nov 14 stopped taking pill
March 15 no AF but blood tests all normal
Aug 15 scan confirmed PCOS OH SA normal
Sep 15 first fertility appointment
Oct 15 prescribed Metformin and Clomid
Dec 15 Clomid 50mg no OV
Feb 16 Clomid 50mg no OV
March 16 Clomid 100mg BFP EDD 6/1/17
Vic82

Re: Norethisterone query

Postby hkittypink » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:16 am

Hi Vic,

I've not taken Norethisterone, but since I started my Clomid, I always spot for quite a few days before I get my AF now, even on my natural cycles. You're doing the right thing calling the clinic, but I'm willing to bet a proper bleed will start in the next day or two.

Good luck x
Nov 12 - Dec 15 - natural and Clomid 100mg cycles all BFN
Dec15 - IVF conf'd start Jan 2016
Feb-Mar16 - Long protocol ICSI, egg collection scheduled 22nd March
It worked! EDD 09/12/16 with a little boy
hkittypink

Postby hkittypink » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:22 am

Just thought - look at my chart (link on signature), you can see I spotted for 3 days last month before proper AF.

Hope that helps x
hkittypink

Postby Vic82 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:32 am

Thank you! I've never spotted before so it's just really frustrating. It seems that people normally get AF within a few days of finishing the norethisterone and it's now been a whole week. Maybe it's just because it's been a whole year since I had AF that it's taking a while. I'll speak to the clinic but I'm thinking I'll probably wait another day or so and see what happens.
Dec 15 Clomid 50mg no OV
Feb 16 Clomid 50mg no OV
Vic82

Postby hkittypink » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:39 am

Do you know, I didn't spot either before taking Proved a then Clomid?!!! Think it's just the hormones trying to work in a body that's just not used to them!
hkittypink

Postby Sunshine29 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:10 pm

Hey Vic did AF turn up in the end? Hope you managed to find a solution to the waiting around...did the clinic shed any light when you called them? I can understand why it's frustrating..It took me 4 days after I stopped Norethisterone to get any sign of AF and even then it was so light- Barely lasted two days! I still counted the first day that I got bleeding as day 1. Hope it managed to sort itself xxxx
Dec 2014- Hypothyroidism diagnosis
Jun 2015- PCOS Diagnosis
Sep 2015- 1st fertility appointment
Nov 2015- Clomid 50mg - ovulated
Dec 2015 - BFP!
Sunshine29

Postby Vic82 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi Sunshine, no it still hasn't arrived, all I've had is a bit of spotting but that's stopped now. The clinic said it can take 7-10 days so if still nothing tomorrow I've got to do a hpt (highly unlikely but she said it's possible the Metformin could have made me ovulate) and then give them a call on Monday and they'll either give me a different dose or a different drug. Frustrating but I'm not surprised my body isn't behaving like it should!!! How are you getting on with the clomid? Any side effects yet? xx
Dec 15 Clomid 50mg no OV
Feb 16 Clomid 50mg no OV
Vic82

Postby Sunshine29 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Bless you Vic...I was thinking of you wondering how you were getting on. At least you managed to get in touch with the clinic and they gave you an alternative option rather than turn you away to wait longer....are you taking an alternative now? I think I am getting on OK with the Clomid- didn't have any side effects at all..but perhaps that means it's not working? I had a day 10 scan yesterday and they saw one follicle on my ovary but they are not sure if its a result of the Clomid or it was there already as part of my PCOS. So I'm back in for a scan tomorrow so they can monitor it's progress. I have a feeling they may have to increase my Clomid dose to get my body to react.

I have been posting in the Clomid/Letrozole buddies thread now so hope to see you there soon, just think all you have to do is wait for AF and you will be joining the Clomid Club too.. you have come so far since the referral/tests/waiting around you practically have the ball rolling now. Just hang in there... Keep us posted how you get on xxxxx
Jun 2015- PCOS Diagnosis
Dec 2015 - BFP!
Sunshine29

Postby Vic82 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:54 am

Thanks sunshine, still nothing happening - I've spoken to the clinic again and my consultant wants to see me before prescribing anything else so I'm back in on Tuesday, hopefully she'll be able to give me something else then to kickstart things, it's so frustrating to have the clomid all ready to go but not be able to start taking it!

Fingers crossed that your scan today shows that your little follicle has grown a bit more!!

Xx
Dec 15 Clomid 50mg no OV
Feb 16 Clomid 50mg no OV
Vic82

Postby Sunshine29 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:44 pm

Hey Vic, good job you're being proactive and contacting the clinic about what steps to take next. Wishing you goodluck for Tuesday...hopefully they will be able to give you something that will be better suited to your body and get you AF! I totally get your frustration, but just think you are almost there..only one step away. In the meantime you only have this weekend to get through so try to keep occupied and stress-free. Perhaps think of it as trying to relax and nourish your body in prep for starting Clomid. Hopefully good things are on their way and you will have started on it before Xmas.

As for me, there has been some progress with the follicle growth. It measured 14.2mm yesterday and the Nurse said it needs to get to around 18 before it will ovulate but can sometimes can grow into the 20s! I'm back in on Tuesday for another scan but she suggested it is possible that I could ovulate this weekend. Sorry for too much info but I have been getting increased cervical mucus so hopefully that's a sign of things to come. She was really helpful with all my questions and I made sure I asked lots!! I just hope the follicle actually contains an egg but will know that from the CD21 blood test afterwards!xx
Jun 2015- PCOS Diagnosis
Dec 2015 - BFP!
Sunshine29

Postby Sunshine29 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi Vic how are you?? Hope you are getting on ok hun and that the appointment went well last Tuesday xxx
Jun 2015- PCOS Diagnosis
Dec 2015 - BFP!
Sunshine29

Return to Trying to Conceive