There is hope!

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

There is hope!

Postby Jasmine87 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:41 am

Hi everyone, I just wanted to offer some encouragement to all of you TTC with PCOS. I was diagnosed with PCOS two years ago and I'm now approx 5 weeks pregnant with our 1st. We had been TTC since January 2015 but ever since then, my periods were becoming longer and longer, they were usually 5-6 weeks but ended up at over 7 weeks. I had my last period in July and really lost hope at that point that my body was ever going to work properly, let alone actually be able to conceive. About three months ago I bought a book 'Womancode'. I suddenly realised how damaging my diet was to my insulin levels, I'm not overweight so didn't really think that all the white carbs I ate could be playing havoc with my ovaries! I completely changed my diet, eating only wholemeal carbs, berries, eggs, avocados, dark greens, nuts, seeds, lentils and oily fish. I started taking PCOS supplements (Inositol, NAC and ALA) folic acid and Omega3, and went swimming 3 times a week. I had been tracking my BBT since July but readings were constantly very low, and taking OPK's which were always inconclusive. I went to the GP who was about to take bloods just to check that I have a hormonal imbalance (as if that wasn't already obvious!). Finally about 3 weeks ago, before going for bloods, I detected ovulation using my BBT and CM observations, and to my surprise had a BFP two weeks later! I'm not saying that a change of diet and a few supplements will suddenly get everyone pregnant, I certainly didn't expect this to happen to me. But at least by having the best possible diet and taking good care of ourselves we will be in with the best chance of conceiving naturally!
Jasmine87

Re: There is hope!

Postby LazyStork » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Congratulations jasmine! Nice to hear a positive story :) wishing you luck with your pregnancy xx
Me (30) hubby (32)
diagnosed 'lean' PCO jan 15, husband low sperm count
Feb 15 1st cycle clomid 50mg - ?ov D26-27 but AF D28
April 15 2nd cycle clomid 50mg - no ov
Suspected hydrosalpinx but HSG clear
May 15 - referred for IVF/ISCI (one year to wait)
Continue clomid@100mg for another 4 cycles
June 15 - 3rd cycle clomid (100mg) & trigger & cyclogest - likely no ov
August 15 - 4th cycle clomid (100mg) - no ov
ICSI November 2015 - BFP 7/12/15 over the moon :) EDD 15/8/16
LazyStork

Return to Trying to Conceive