New to PCOS and Diabetic Husband

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

New to PCOS and Diabetic Husband

Postby bax2014 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi

I've just been diagnosed with PCOS, shock vs relief?

I've been adapting my diet though I ate pretty healthy Anyways and have a good BMI. i am not overweight at all. Ive swapped carbs, cut sugar and am on Metformin 1 per day - no side effects :) just usual pcos symptoms. No AF since starting Metformin.

My question is will it effect are chances of TTC as my husbands is Type 1 Diabetic? What can a diabetic take to help vitamins wise? His levels are pretty spot on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
bax2014

Re: New to PCOS and Diabetic Husband

Postby hkittypink » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:24 am

Has he has a SA yet? Is that what you mean 'levels are pretty spot on'?

I'm not sure if suitable for Diabetics, but a lot of people recommend Wellman Conception to improve the strength and numbers of his little swimmers.

Good luck xx
Nov 12 - Dec 15 - natural and Clomid 100mg cycles all BFN
Dec15 - IVF conf'd start Jan 2016
Feb-Mar16 - Long protocol ICSI, egg collection scheduled 22nd March
It worked! EDD 09/12/16 with a little boy
hkittypink

Postby bax2014 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:03 pm

No i mean sugar levels sorry.
bax2014

Postby Jasmine87 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:46 am

Hi There

I've been reading about supplements for PCOS and many of them are based on regulating insulin levels, I know this is for your husband but it seems that PCOS and diabetes have a lot in common and need to be managed in a similar way. I wouldn't recommend somebody with diabetes taking any supplements before discussing with the GP first, but Inositol is meant to help regulate insulin levels. You can get it from most health food shops, hope this helps!
Jasmine87

Return to Trying to Conceive