Trying to conceive!

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Trying to conceive!

Postby Zoe135 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi ladies!

Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar (I'm sure someone has I'm just yet to speak to someone!) started my periods at 14 and I was diagnosed at 16 with Pcos. I suffer with very greasy hair, I have to wash it every day. Lots of hair growth ans struggle with my weight. I am 28 now and have probably had about 5 periods my whole life. Have been with my partner 10 years and we have never used protection and we have never even had a "scare". We started trying last Xmas (going to doctors and having bloods, sperm tests etc. I have had my first appointment at hospital where they sent me for another ultra sound. The noticed cysts are my cervix aswel. Does anyone know of this is common? We have second appointment next week where I am hoping they are going to give me something to actually help me fall pregnant. My main question is has anyone else been in a similar situation no periods etc and what is there success rate? And does anyone know what to expect when I go to the hospital next week? Thank you xxxx
Zoe135

Re: Trying to conceive!

Postby bax2014 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi I'm TTC since just before you in November last year. I'm 25 and just diagnosed. Alot makes sense now. I've been prescribed Metformin, just one tablet til I see my GP on the 21st. No problems with it as of yet but still no AF. I expect they will prescribe you something like that :)
bax2014

Re: Trying to conceive!

Postby hkittypink » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:21 am

Hi Zoe,

What's your BMI? If it's too high, they may prescribe Metamorfin.

If it's lower, you'll probably be given Provera or Notherine (not sure of the spelling!) to start and bleed and most likely Clomid to encourage ovulation. As you can see from my signature, I had to have 100mg to get me to ovulate, but even now I've used up all my cycles, I'm having regular (ish) cycles and think I'm ovulating too each time.

The Clomid buddies thread is brilliant, if you do get prescribed that. Good luck xx
Nov 12 - Dec 15 - natural and Clomid 100mg cycles all BFN
Dec15 - IVF conf'd start Jan 2016
Feb-Mar16 - Long protocol ICSI, egg collection scheduled 22nd March
It worked! EDD 09/12/16 with a little boy
hkittypink

Return to Trying to Conceive