Clomid/metformin

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Clomid/metformin

Postby Rach_85 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:25 pm

Hi guys ... New to this... Just need some help...I've been given metformin and clomid to take to help my husband and I conceive....I know that I take the metformin until I have a period and then on day 1 of period I take the clomid for 5 days .... However I'm a bit unsure as to when it is best to have sex??? Is it between day 1-5 of taking the clomid?? Or after once I take the metformin again?? TIA
Rach_85

Re: Clomid/metformin

Postby gemstone83 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:10 am

Hi Rach all the timings can get confusing but you need to have sex around ovulation. The clomid induces ovulation but it takes a minimum of 10 days to do this. Therefore I would suggest having sex every other day from day 10 until you know you have ovulated. You could try tracking your temperature to know this - have a look at fertilityfriend.com and this will explain how to do it and gives free software to help. I have ovulated as early as 12 days after taking clomid but as late as day 32 of my cycle so unfortunately you need to keep having sex until after ovulation.wishing you lots of luck x
TTC since June 2010
August 2011 - Aug 2013 3 first tri miscarriages and a mmc at 12 weeks
Sticky Blood/Hughes Syndrome/APS diagnosed
Lletz November 2012 following abnormal smear
Beautiful baby girl born July 2014 with the help of 150mg aspirin, fragmin, cyclogest, high dose folic acid and a stitch
gemstone83

Postby Rach_85 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:29 am

Ok thank you... We have both just got confused on another matter now if you could help at all... I thought that you start taking the clomid on day one of my period however my husband seems to think I've got mixed up and should take it on my last day of my period??? TIA
Rach_85

Postby gemstone83 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:14 pm

HI Rach

You usually start on day 1-3 of your cycle, it spends on the consultant. I started on day 2. The first day of your period is classed as the first full day of red blood.

You might find it useful to take a note pad and pen into your next appointment. I used to write down the questions I wanted to ask before I went and take it in with me as I usually forgot once in the appointment what I wanted to ask and then write the answers down.

XX
TTC since June 2010
August 2011 - Aug 2013 3 first tri miscarriages and a mmc at 12 weeks
Sticky Blood/Hughes Syndrome/APS diagnosed
Lletz November 2012 following abnormal smear
Beautiful baby girl born July 2014 with the help of 150mg aspirin, fragmin, cyclogest, high dose folic acid and a stitch
gemstone83

Return to Trying to Conceive