Fertility treatment in usa

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Fertility treatment in usa

Postby sicily » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Does anyone have knowledge / experience of fertility treatment in New York? Is it way more expensive than here?
sicily

Re: Fertility treatment in usa

Postby ma5alababe » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:20 pm

my understanding is that price and quality of treatment varies in US due to marketplace approach to healthcare. I know that Asia is cheaper
Metformin, clomid and OD- no response
IVF- March '10 BFP- DS born Nov'10
After 8+ cycles of IVF & FET- DD born June '15

Keep strong and believe in yourself !
ma5alababe

Postby sicily » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:53 pm

We have the opportunity to move there... A change of scene might do us good I guess. X
sicily

Postby gemstone83 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:17 am

If you have a job out there then they give you healthcare and dependant on the company it mY even offer you fertility treatment or a subsidy towards it. So while considering the opportunity you could look through their policy, it is not unusual to ask for this as you are moving from completely free healthcare with the NHS. I work with an American company and have several friends who work in the U.S. When I looked at surrogacy I thought that costs for decent treatment was pretty comparable. When would you need to make a decision? I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment.

Xx
TTC since June 2010
August 2011 - Aug 2013 3 first tri miscarriages and a mmc at 12 weeks
Sticky Blood/Hughes Syndrome/APS diagnosed
Lletz November 2012 following abnormal smear
Beautiful baby girl born July 2014 with the help of 150mg aspirin, fragmin, cyclogest, high dose folic acid and a stitch
gemstone83

Return to Trying to Conceive