What's the rules about giving away ivf drugs?

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

What's the rules about giving away ivf drugs?

Postby looey82 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I barely get on here nowadays. Hi to everyone!
Luckily I can say that my fertility treatment days are now over. After successfully having a boy and girl to IVF we're hanging up the towel! I have several unopened ampoules of things that are fairly expensive and still within date (menorial and prontogest, some oestrogen tablets etc). Would anyone be able to use them on here and is that even allowed. Seems a real shame to waste it. If I am allowed to pass it on I'll get it a out and list what I have. It would be nice to think someone can use it and save a few pennies from what is a very expensive experience!
Does anyone know the score?
TTC Mar 08
Clomid#1 May 09-BFP- MMC at 9+2wks
Natural BFP- Dec 09! Lost baby girl at 18+5 wks due to pPROM
12 clomid cycles & 2 x FSH injections with IUI- BFNs
IVF#1- 25 eggs, 8 fertilised, 1 back + 4 frosties!
IVF BFP- Clexane & prog injections, low dose steroids & aspirin
Aug 12- DS born at 27+5wks after 10 weeks of problems
TTC#2 Nov 13
Mar 14- FET 1 embryo transfered- BFP- early MC
IVF DD born at 34+4wks Apr 2015
looey82

Re: What's the rules about giving away ivf drugs?

Postby ma5alababe » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:37 pm

Hiya

I tried to do the same in 2010 with my drugs but was told that Im not allowed as technically you are giving people drugs that they should only be on if they are getting monitored etc. I would check with the board monitors to be sure.

I asked around my friends this time and as no-one wanted it I gave to my Consultant to dish out to his private clients ( I don't think you can do on the NHS). I know exactly how you feel and its a shame there is 'red tape' to help someone else out 1
Metformin, clomid and OD- no response
IVF- March '10 BFP- DS born Nov'10
After 8+ cycles of IVF & FET- DD born June '15

Keep strong and believe in yourself !
ma5alababe

Re: What's the rules about giving away ivf drugs?

Postby Hols969 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:40 pm

If someone contacts you 'outside' of Verity then I agree, things are so expensive but as we are a charity we have to be really careful as the charity status can be removed.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Trying to Conceive