Pcos longest cycle in 4 years after weight loss.

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Pcos longest cycle in 4 years after weight loss.

Postby Lmc84 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:36 pm

Hi ladies I'm new to this site so hoping someone can help, I'm currently on day 60 of my cycle with ovulation nowhere in sight so will be at least another 14 days before af or bfp arrives even if I ovulate tomorrow which I'm pretty sure isn't going to happen as no ewcm. My normal cycles vary between 35 and 42 days so I'm now starting to get a bit concerned what is going on. I have lost 21lbs over the last 6 mnths now putting my bmi at 25.6, I thought weight loss was supposed to help us ladies with pcos regulate their cycle not make them longer??? Anybody else experienced this with weight loss where the cycle has becoming even more erratic than before??
Lmc84

Re: Pcos longest cycle in 4 years after weight loss.

Postby Hols969 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:08 am

No not necessarily!! It can help some but not all, your body is prob adjusting to the weight loss so hopefully should even out again.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Lmc84 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks for response I'm really hoping so, been ttc since oct last year and was trying to improve my chances of conceiving but seems to have made it worse! Doctor won't do anything until ttc for 12 months so just a waiting game I suppose.
Lmc84

Postby Hols969 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:02 pm

I think it depends on your age too but you should be referred after 6 months if you have a known fertility issue (check the NICE guidelines), Its the easier option to fob you off but Im pretty sure you are entitled.

Dont presume you need a period either as you can ovulate without one and we have lots of ladies on here who have got pregnant without a period!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Lmc84 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:34 pm

I'm 31? Do you think I should go back to the doctor earlier? Feel like Iv done all the hard work losing weight and it's been really tough and they don't seem interested at all? I normally get plenty of ewcm a few days before I get positive opk but nothing since beginning of May?
Lmc84

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:34 am

I would because it can take 6 months to get an appointment - if you have been trying over 6 months then they should help you especially as you are in your 30s (I conceived age 36 so dont worry you have loads of time as our egg quality lasts better for longer - the only advantage of pcos!!) Check the NICE guidelines as it tells you what you are entitled to so then they cant fob you off.
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Trying to Conceive