Suspected PCOS - where to start?

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Suspected PCOS - where to start?

Postby lizzyp17 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi girls

My doctor just told me he thinks I've got PCOS - got a blood test and ultrasound scheduled for Thursday but I'm completely terrified. I have no idea how bad it is - I've been trying to research it and all I've found is generic statement - most women successfully conceive, etc. I desperately want to have kids, I'm getting married in two months, and I cannot work out at all how much of a problem it is! My periods are not super regular but they do come consistently about ever 26-32 days (although I had two really long cycles in the last two months). I am a little overweight although currently dieting like mad for the wedding, and have a bit of acne and excess hair on my chin (although not much). I'm guessing that means it's fairly mild PCOS, since I know that some girls miss periods entirely or go 60 days without getting them, but I'm not sure. If anyone could give me any advice, I would really appreciate it.
lizzyp17

Re: Suspected PCOS - where to start?

Postby Daisy1883 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:52 am

Hi lizzy,

Please don't be terrified! I am no expert but from the research I've done it seems that it's a manageable condition which certainly doesn't mean you can't have kids.

I think the problem with looking online that I've found is at no one is the same. Some ladies with it seem to conceive as easily as those without it and some take years and years! Really, there is no way to tell how you are going to be based on other people's experiences. As I say I'm no expert, I have my first Drs appointment today after being diagnosed ten years ago but I would say the best thing to do is take your Dr's advice because it's tailored to you.

It's so frustrating! Good luck!

Daisy xx
Daisy1883

Postby crazyDiane » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:26 am

I think the best way is to go to the doctor! Only the doctor can help with that. Also, when you think you have PCOS you can start take the Inofem, because I heard that this is something good to eliminate PCOS. This is also the new one i Uk, but by taking this you will have good results.
crazyDiane

Postby iron_mum » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:58 am

lizzy its really hard to say because pcos is still not researched as well. sometimes without drugs you could have baby and sometimes it could take a veeery long time to get pregnant. i`m now on inofem and waiting for the effect :) but have also RI and im taking metofmin (metformax 500), have a good diet and excercise zumba :)
iron_mum

Return to Trying to Conceive