TTC first baby with PCOS

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: TTC first baby with PCOS

Postby iron_mum » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:26 am

hey Diane that for this link i read here that:

Inositol is a cyclic hexa-carbon polyhydroxy alcohol, also referred to as vitamin B8, and occurs in nine isometic [W1] forms. Its bioactive form is myo-inositol (meso-inositol), a form commonly occurring in plants and animals. Inositol was first discovered over one hundred years ago, in the urine of diabetic patients. However, its importance was not recognised at that time. Only in 1941 did Gavin and McHenry demonstrate the important metabolic role of the compound.

Myo-inozytol
Myo-inositol (hexahydroxycyclohexane or cis-1,2,3,5-trans-4,6-cyclohexanehexol) is a cyclic six-carbon alcohol containing four hydroxyl groups positioned equatorially and two hydroxyl groups positioned axially. The direct precursor of the compound is fructose-6-phosphate. It is transformed into myo-inositol by the enzyme cyclase.

maybe it really could help to conceive? I`m also RI and ve got high sugar :) Do you take this inofem or know someone who does?
iron_mum

Postby Daisy1883 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:20 pm

Hello all,

Just wanted to pop back and post an update.

I got my BFP on Wednesday 22nd. I think in either seven and but weeks or five and a bit weeks. To say I was (and still am!) in shock is an understatement. I never ever expected the Metformin to work so quickly in making me ovulate and we must have been very very lucky to catch. The Drs have booked me in for a dating scan because I'm not sure how far along I am due to my long cycles and I've got an appointment to check in with the midwife in 2 weeks.

Just wanted to post so that others in my situation see that sometimes it does happen.

Good luck to you all xxx
Daisy1883

Postby miracle19 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:51 am

What fantastic news . Congratulations, happy and healthy 9 months to you xxxxxxx
TTC baby number 2 since 2007
10 cycles of Clomid DIDN'T WORK.
Ovarian Drilling DONE 17th May 2012....
Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Aug 2013
5 natural cycles since then...
27.1.14 BFP!!!!!!! oh my god! DUE DATE 3.10.14 IT'S A BOY!!
NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
BABY BOY JOSHUA STEPHEN BORN 25.9.14 WEIGHING 8lb 1oz

http://swlm.lilyslim.com/TikiPic.php/DyDFRg7.jpg
The ticker URL:
http://swlm.lilyslim.com/DyDFp1.png

miracle19

Postby iron_mum » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:50 am

gr8 news girl !! hope everything will be ok with your health :) it`s so great when a light of hope is lightning !
sometimes only hope can save us ;)
iron_mum

Postby Sunshine29 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:22 pm

So happy that there was light at the end of the tunnel for you daisy1883 ... hoping the same for the rest of us :)
Dec 2014- Hypothyroidism diagnosis
Jun 2015- PCOS Diagnosis
Sep 2015- 1st fertility appointment
Nov 2015- Clomid 50mg - ovulated
Dec 2015 - BFP!
Sunshine29

Postby crazyDiane » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:37 pm

Oh daisy1883 so so so happy of you! Tell us more, and tell us everything about! I am so curious! :)))
And did you try the Inofem, I was talking before?
crazyDiane

Postby Daisy1883 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi all,

I'm back, to post about a new topic using Metformin for weightloss which I will do separately. However I remembered that I had this old thread and wanted to update - I remember how reading a positive story helped me when I was TTC.

I was indeed five weeks pregnant when I last posted. I went on to have a healthy and complication free pregnancy and delivered a healthy daughter at term. I now have a bouncing 16 month old and am considering TTC number 2 next year.

I'll never know if it was the Metformin or just sheer dumb luck that helped. I've also had normal periods (a bit irregular but one every month) since they returned post-birth, something that had never happened pre-pregnancy.

I wish everyone here ttc'ing lots of luck!

Daisy xx
Daisy1883

Previous

Return to Trying to Conceive