IVF at 40 - is it too late?

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

IVF at 40 - is it too late?

Postby littlelolly » Thu May 14, 2015 9:10 am

Hi everyone,

I have not been on the boards much lately. Just a bit about me to fill you in first. I am 39 next month, I have had a MMC, and a failed IVF cycle in 2013. I took a break to get married. I have one embryo frozen. I was planning on using it before the end of the year however, I fell very ill with depression and had a nervous breakdown resulting in leaving my job and I have not worked for 8 months. I also went back on the pill temporarily to help control my hormones and depression. I may have secured a job on a probationary period for September so I have to prove myself and have good attendance in order to get a permanent contract. My issue is now having to push the IVF back again as I would end up taking time off and this would not help. A baby is important to me but I also need a job! What are my chances of postponing until next summer by which time I will have had my 40th birthday? I'm really anxious that I will be leaving it too late, plus I may not have my NHS funding anymore as I was supposed to have the FET in 2014. I just feel that this will give me time to settle in a new job, lose the 2 stone I have gained from my depression medication and get myself in a better place mentally to try again, this may also be the last time we try. Your thoughts and advice are very welcome xxxx
littlelolly

Re: IVF at 40 - is it too late?

Postby JAR » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:49 pm

Nothing is too late. it all depends on how much we all wants it. Hope you make the right decision in future but remember to look after yourself.
JAR

Postby chantel » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:37 pm

I am in the same predicament. I am looking for a permanent job...my future husband is away in France...won't be back until Oct...this means pushing back the baby. UHH so difficult
chantel

Postby mariauk » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:18 am

I agree with JAR, It's not too late. You should proceed when it's right for you with the right state of mind and health. Good luck hunx
mariauk

Postby swingblue » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:55 am

I often read one of my fav thread of fertility friends- ivf for ladies who are 50 and older :) Good luck and keep my fingers crossed
swingblue

Return to Trying to Conceive