I'm new to pcos

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

I'm new to pcos

Postby HannahW92 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi

I had my scan last wednesday and it was confirmed i have PCOS. Also with being on the depo for 1 year my womb has shrunk and my lining is very thin. she also said that they probably wouldnt give me any medication as my bmi is too high.

We are ttc number 2, i was 4 stone lighter and was on the pill when i got pregnant with my daughter. We've currently been ttc for 11 months.

I have an appt with my lady doctor in a few weeks to see what my options are. I have lost 1 stone so far.

Hope to hear from someone who knows more and also understands

Hannah xx
HannahW92

Re: I'm new to pcos

Postby Hols969 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:48 am

Depo is bad from a pcos point of view and can make the symptoms worse. Eat little and often as we store very efficiently and cut out all white carbs and as much sugar as poss. As least you have a child already so you know it's not impossible!! The weight gain will have triggered the pcos symptoms to get worse which is probably why it's only really showing itself now. Good luck
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby HannahW92 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:40 am

Thank you for replying. I literally have no idea about any of this. I'm currently using the my fitness pal app and its going well although weightloss seems slow. Plus getting married next April so need to get rid of this weight xx
HannahW92

Postby Hols969 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:55 am

It is much slower for pcos ladies so it can be difficult to keep the motivation going sometimes. If pcos ladies are the RDA we would still put in 2lb a month so over a stone a year so we do need to eat less than the norm as well.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby jessyjinx » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:48 am

Im new to PCOS also. January 2014 i came off the pill after being on it since i was 15. Im 22 now. So after 9 months of trying last year, mess up cycles, increased hair on my face i knew something was wrong. I went to the drs had blood tests, dr suggested i had PCOS. At that time i was going through some family issues so pursuing treatment was not the best option at the time. So dr suggested i go back on the pill to regulate my periods and treat my symptoms. Fast forward to january of this year and i started getting rediculous headaches, dr took me back off the pill as he though that was the case. As soon as i stopped taking the pill theyr stopped. So back to the dr again to finally sort my pcos out so that i can conceive. The first dr i saw wasnt nice at all, she saw my age and thought that i shouldnt be actively trying for children, so i left the office feeling bad about wanting to start a family young. After a long reassuring chat with my partner i decided to go back and see a different doctor. The dr supported my decision and sent a referal off for an ultrasound scan to check my ovaries. So here i am, two weeks after seen the supportive dr. I rang up the hospital today to see how long the waiting list for the scan would be! They had only recieved my referal 2 days ago! and the waiting list is 4-5 months! So im back off to the dr this afternoon for a referal to go to a private hospital for a scan to speed things up a bit! Its going to cost me £220! The private hospital would see me next week! Im so anxious to start treatment i feel this is the route i have to take !

sorry for the long post but my family dont understand it and i need to vent and have someone to talk to ! xxx
jessyjinx

Postby Sarah9384 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:51 am

I'm new to pcos too! I'm 31 and have been to baby no2 for 2.5yrs! I already have a 5yo son who was conceived on my first month off the pill (which I had been taking for 10yrs which I guess was keeping my symptoms at bay). Since my son was born I have had increasing symptoms of excessive hair, struggling with my weigh but my cycles have been regular although it seems as though I don't ovulate regularly.
The sad thing is I have had scans and blood tests on the nhs and was told I didn't have pcos so I have spent the last 2yrs thinking their was nothing wrong and trying to conceive, this has been incredibly emotional and I've had to endure a heart breaking miscarriage. Fast forward to March '15 & my husband and I decided to go to private fertility clinic, 4wks later I have my pcos diagnosis, I go back next week to discuss treatment. I'm so cross its cost me £1000 of diagnostics to get to this point when I had the tests on the nhs a year ago but at least I have my diagnosis now and I'm looking forward to making positive changes to hopefully getting pregnant!
Sarah9384

Postby Magz_x » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:25 pm

jessyjinx I know how you feel I new I had it when I was in my teen's but they couldnt diagnose as I was too young, Ive just recently been for my bloods done had them last done around 2 years ago and just waiting for my referal for another ultrasound xx
Magz_x

Postby Daisy1883 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:50 am

It's so frustrating isn't it! I'm not new to having pcos but I am new to trying to conceive with it. Also I've been on the pill the whole time since I was diagnosed nearly ten years ago so it's only now that I'm going back to my body and hormones being 'au naturel'. The slow weight loss is so irritating. It's very hard not to get despondent when you try so hard for seemingly little result! I have a Drs appointment next month, going to take advice from him and see what he suggests for me.
Daisy1883

Return to Trying to Conceive