New here, ttc #1, advice on supplements etc.

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

New here, ttc #1, advice on supplements etc.

Postby NoodleBrew » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi,

I hope this is in the right place or someone will shift it if not.
Having been lurking for a while I decided it was time I finally joined up and said hello. I'm 28 and semi/casually started ttc just before Christmas (the idea was more to stop trying not to, but....). I was convinced I was perfectly capable of ttc and not completely losing my head over it or needing to join forums, but it turns out I'm already obsessing and could do with some people to talk to.

I was diagnosed 11 years ago and have trialled various treatments and things since then, but I've been off dianete a couple of years and currently have a 5-7 week cycle without taking anything at all, so I'm loathe to start adding too many things into the mix in case they throw things off whack. However I'm aware that I should probably be taking something even if just folic acid, so was hoping others could share their preconception supplement regimes - for example I didn't know if there were any PCOS related issues with pregnacare?

I assume I ovulate based on guaranteed cramping 2 weeks before AF, however what does concern me slightly is that it is nearly always my left side that does it, making me wonder if my right ovary is struggling more, so wondered if anyone else experienced the same thing.

Currently 8 days post OV cramps and yesterday started having some left-side twinges, which have persisted today, but I'm not pinning my hopes on it being implantation cramping because it's just like me to read into stuff too much and I might always have this and only be paying attention now! So I'm telling myself I've just been sitting in my chair funny or it's my left ovary still grumbling, but maybe, just maybe I'm wrong?

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, and thanks in advance for any replies :)
NoodleBrew

Re: New here, ttc #1, advice on supplements etc.

Postby NoodleBrew » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:48 am

Just to update this for reference and those doing searches in future, ovulation pains and one working ovary clearly no cause for concern here, and those were implantation cramps :) as I got a BFP a week later and have just had my dating scan.
NoodleBrew

Return to Trying to Conceive