Clomid / Letrozole Buddies 2015

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Re: Clomid / Letrozole Buddies 2015

Postby Gina_G » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:44 pm

Evening!

Summer - so sorry to hear you're still so poorly. Definitely right to have another week signed off- your health has to be the priority over anything. Terrible how damp can get (and stay) in your chest. Is your new house ok? Is there anything else they can offer you try and and get your better? Are the current probs still linked to the DVT?

Mrs A- that sounds very exicting! Not long until you're on the journey...you must be so excited! Although lets hope that there may be a miracle in there before then. How is hubby feeling about it?

Kitty- hope you're ok, will be thinking of you before your appt, it's a big decision. I didn't realise you had MS, that must be so hard in addition to everything else, good that you have a nurse though and that she is so supportive.

Welcome Caz :) ... I've actually looked into the ovusense but it was quite expensive! From the reviews I read though was supposed to be good for PCOS, how have you found it? Hope the twinges are ov!

haha thanks Cherry, I was so surprised! New Years Eve treat! Weddings Easter weekend so not long now... the wedding diet was supposed to start today but just had a pizza express and chocolate brownie... wooops. Hope everything is going well with you!

Hope you are ok Claire, hi everyone else! Xxx
Gina_G

Postby Gina_G » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:47 pm

ahhh sorry princess missed your post.... I'm no way near as much of an expert as the others so don't know what advice to give... Maybe it's just mild PCOS? Did you have an official diagnosis before?
Does that mean you're still entitled to fertility treatment etc?
Can never be bloomin simple can it?! Hope you're ok X
Gina_G

Postby princessvix » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:11 pm

Thanks Gina. No these are supposed to be the tests to enable the diagnosis so I don't know what the gp will say when I see her Monday.
If it is pcos I think it is only mild cause I still have periods just very irregular.
I have no idea if the gp will help or say that hormones are normal so nothing to be done.
Nope, couldn't possibly be a clearcut answer. I didn't realise that just getting any kind of diagnosis would be a battle.
to top it off I am now worrying about my 'abnormally shaped ovaries' as described by the radiographer.
princessvix

Postby hkittypink » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:06 am

Morning all!

Vix - grrr so annoying! They may be able to do a clinical diagnosis based upon your other symptoms including the cysts. I had mine originally with symptoms and scan showing cysts and never had blood tests at the time. How long have you been TTC? If it's over a year then you'd definitely warrant a referral, as that's what it is for 'normal' people but your OH would probably need a SA beforehand. If you are having AFs, you are probably ovulating, so keep up with the temps and other observations.

CPrice - I've never heard of it, but going to look ovusense up. I accidently bid too much for a ClearBlue monitor, and won, but I've decided the tests are too expensive on top of the monitor so I'm going to sell it on.

Mrs A - so excited for you, even if it's not a BFP this week, you've got things in motion to get the IVF started in the Spring! xx

Gina_G - I'm glad you got the Clomid on time - hope the crazies aren't getting to you this cycle! I've been diagnosed with MS for nearly 6 years now, and strangely it's been easier to deal with than the infertility. My MS nurse said that girls are primed from a young age (dolls etc.) that they will be mothers and it will just happen, that's why emotionally many of us struggle.

AFM - nothing new, CD8 today, so will start taking opks soon, didn't take my last Clomid cycle as want to see what we decide next Monday. Hubby did say last night that he felt he just wasn't cut out for office work... something I've been waiting for years for him to say! I hope this is a turning point, he's booked to do a Football Coaching Course next month and his temporary contract ends in March so he's going to take a break and re-train and do some volunteer work. All seems so positive! I hope I get my hubby back soon xxx
Nov 12 - Dec 15 - natural and Clomid 100mg cycles all BFN
Dec15 - IVF conf'd start Jan 2016
Feb-Mar16 - Long protocol ICSI, egg collection scheduled 22nd March
It worked! EDD 09/12/16 with a little boy
hkittypink

Postby CPrice11 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:21 pm

Good Evening All :-)

I love the ovusense machine :-) I ave Pcos and was told by my consultant that i wasn't ovulating after a 21 day blood test..I started using the machine and found out that I am ovulating it's just happening too late on day 27 of a 33 day cycle arghhh! The machine predicts the onset of ovulation by monitoring your core body temp...it's my first month of clomid this month so I'm hoping it will bring my ovulation forward!

The machine is expensive (they have 20% off at the moment on their Facebook group) however I used a clear blue fertility monitor before I found out I had pcos and never had a peak reading (I've since found out clear blue fertility monitors and opks are no good for those with pcos!) so I sold my clear blue monitor. When you add up the cost of the sticks for the monitor the ovusense works out cheaper lol

I had Ewcm today and I'm CD14..I can't believe it! Fingers crossed this is ovulation!xxxx
CPrice11

Postby Mrs A » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:21 pm

Hi ladies,

ET... How are you doing? I hope all went well with your bloods, I hope you are doing ok?

Tamsin... I read on your thread and I'm so sorry that poppy has been so poorly and she may need an op. It must be exhausting for you. I really hope things change soon so you can enjoy being a mummy more.

Summer... I really hope the week off allows you to rest so you make a full recovery.

Kitty... Having an ivf buddy would be great!! I really hope hubby comes around to the idea. How many cycles of clomid do you have left? Great news about hubby... It all sounds really positive :)

Princess... I'm sorry you don't have a clear diagnosis at present but sit tight until Monday as I'm sure there will be more tests that can be done and you should be able to get a referral even if you do not have pcos if you've been actively ttc. How long were you ttc with your first child? Ladies with pcos can still have periods but it doesn't mean that you are actually ovulating or ovulating every cycle.

Gina... Not long til your wedding... Are you all organised? Hubby is fine with the ivf referral... He is of the mind of if ivf is what we need then we will go for it.

Claire... Hope you are ok?

Cprice... I've not heard of the ovusense but just watched a clip on their website. I'm a bit confused with your ovulating on cd27 of a 33 day cycle... Your lp would be quite short. I'd question if that was accurate? Maybe once you've used it a couple more times (I hope you won't need to though) you will be able to see a clearer pattern. Just keep dtd whilst you have ewcm and then a sustained temperature rise.

Well my temp dropped this morning so I'm expecting af tomorrow or Thursday. Pretty gutted really when we put our all and more into this cycle. I've got my transvaginal scan tomorrow. Hubby thinks we should try a cycle of clomid whilst waiting for ivf and since we have about 8/9 months worth sat in the medicine cupboard but I'm reluctant. Am I being too cautious and do I need to turn off my nurse head?! Answers on a post card ladies please....
Me & Hubs (35)
TTC #1 - 2012
2014 - Clomid - Ectopic pregnancy - op
Aug 14 - Lap & Dye, right tube removed & left tube looks healthy
Feb 15 - IVF cx - large cyst
April 15 - IVF cx - poor response to stimms
May 15 - IVF... 1x3 day transfer - BFP!
July 15 - Ovarian torsion - op. Our little fighter pulled through!
Our beautiful daughter arrived 7/2/16 <3
TTC #2 - 2016... natural BFP 2018... Miscarriage @ 8+5
TTC journey completed... 2 sleeping babies and one miracle xxx
Mrs A

Postby Claire31 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:48 am

Morning :)

Ellen how is everything going? You haven't posted in a while, I hope all is ok hun xx

Vic I hope all is ok with you too xx

CP fingers crossed for ovulation :) I agree that ovulation on CD27 of a 33 day cycle doesn't sound right, your luteal phase should be at least 11 days. Did you say that you were taking your temperature as well? xx

MrsA when you took Clomid before did they scan you or leave you to it? I would prob be tempted to do the Clomid before the IVF, do you think you would ov sooner in the cycle? xx

Princess that all sounds quite frustrating, I was told so many times that I didn't have pcos, I was almost 31 before I was correctly diagnosed, I went private in the end, it cost over £200 for that appt. but he was very sure that I had pcos just by looking at my "string of pearls" ovaries. I hope that things become clearer on Monday, whether it is pcos or not, it remains that you need to establish that you are ovulating regularly (and adequately) and if not that they would prescribe you something to help. Your OH needs to be tested too xx

How is everyone else? xx
TTC 1 since October 2005
Clomid 50mg / 100mg 2008 - No Ov
IVF #1 Oct/Nov 08 - BFP!!
Gorgeous son born Aug 09
TTC 2 since March 2011
Clomid 100mg x2 summer 2012 - ov BFN
HyCoSy tubes clear
10 cycles of Letrozole (varying doses, some with hCG trigger) all BFNs
June 2014 ICSI - BFN :(
Oct, Nov & Dec 2014 Letz BFN
Jan 2014 Surprise Natural Ov
May, June & July 2015 Letz BFN
Aug 2015 Letz 5mg BFP
Second gorgeous son born May 2016
Ps I'm 41!

My Ovulation Chart
Claire31

Postby Mrs A » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:33 am

Claire... On my 3 clomid cycles I ov'd day 14, 15 & 16. I am tempted but when they scan me they will see the ovaries enlarged and they'll know won't they. I got given the clomid before and was left to it, scan before starting clomid and cd21 blood test the first cycle and then sent on my way! If I ovulate on my own already (albeit much later) will the clomid do anything other than make me ov sooner? Thanks for you opinion :) How are you doing?
Me & Hubs (35)
TTC #1 - 2012
Mrs A

Postby hkittypink » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:47 am

Morning everyone,

Mrs A - you've not been taking Clomid for a while now and your cycles have started to get longer so the effect may be wearing off. I think at least with the Clomid you know you're pretty much guaranteed to ovulate. Given your past experiences though I understand your hesitation. I think if you want to have a Clomid cycle, you should talk about it with your clinic as like you say when you have your baseline scan, it would show up. I've only got the 1 cycle of Clomid left, so I'm very protective over it since we've got our appointment next week and I know I ovulate naturally the month after a Clomid cycle.

Tamsin - sorry to hear about Poppy, I hope she heals quickly and you can enjoy being a mummy. xx

CPrice - I haven't heard of a lutel phase so short. Usually bloods are taken 7dpo, but if you had this done, you'd be on your AF and your prog would be rock bottom? Maybe you haven't been ovulating at all? That said I hope you are BDing because that seems really positive. FC for you :)

Vix - thinking of you, I hope you get some certainty soo.

Claire31 - how are you?

hello everyone else

AFM - feels like I'm gearing up for ovulation and the good news is that hubby is an awful lot brighter now he's decided to leave the office environment, so I might be getting the real him back! Money will be a little tighter, but fortunately I get paid enough to support us both. I really hope he decides that IVF is an option for us now, but we might wait until he finishes his job in March so Mrs A - IVF buddy? xx
Nov 12 - Dec 15 - natural and Clomid 100mg cycles all BFN
Dec15 - IVF conf'd start Jan 2016
Feb-Mar16 - Long protocol ICSI, egg collection scheduled 22nd March
It worked! EDD 09/12/16 with a little boy
hkittypink

Postby Claire31 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:11 am

MrsA I can't see why they would mind you trying Clomid while you wait for the IVF, lots of people do that anyway. In fact why not give them a call and just ask them if you can take it on your next cycle, so you have been honest with them? I did Letrozole in the cycle before IVF, though it didn't work that month. I think it might give you a better chance and a shorter cycle. I am good thanks, def enjoying my break from temping and all that :) xx
TTC 1 since October 2005
Gorgeous son born Aug 09
TTC 2 since March 2011
HyCoSy tubes clear
Aug 2015 Letz 5mg BFP
Ps I'm 41!

My Ovulation Chart
Claire31

Postby Mrs A » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:31 am

Kitty... Your husband sounds as though he is really trying and I'm so glad. I hope it eases things for you! I'll definitely be you ivf buddy :)

Claire... I'm glad your feeling better about things. Not taking your temp in the morning is a nice break for sure!

Well I called my consultants secretary. She told me she sent our ivf referral off on 30th December and she isn't sure how long the waiting list is. She is going to get our notes and put it to our consultant about trying the clomid whilst we're waiting. I hope it doesn't open a whole can of worms now. I explained that I did seem to be ovulating on my own but my cycles are getting longer and longer now and we're just at that point where we are desperate and don't want to waste any time. I won't hear until tomorrow/friday so my clomid days will be out if they agree. Af has arrived in full swing. Just sat in car waiting for scan as probably the worst day for me to be sat in a waiting room full of pregnant ladies if I'm honest.
Me & Hubs (35)
TTC #1 - 2012
Mrs A

Postby Claire31 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:39 am

Oh mrsa sorry you got AF especially when you have to do the scan :( and all those pregnant women too. You can take your clomid 2-6,3-7 or 5-9 so you should be ok after they call you back, if they say yes *hugs* xx
TTC 1 since October 2005
Gorgeous son born Aug 09
TTC 2 since March 2011
HyCoSy tubes clear
Aug 2015 Letz 5mg BFP
Ps I'm 41!

My Ovulation Chart
Claire31

Postby Mrs A » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:30 pm

Thanks Claire...

Scan done. Only had to endure sitting in a waiting room with a heavily pregnant girl with a toddler rolling Her fags whilst she was waiting :shock: good news is that she found my left ovary no problem this time and it looks fine, no cysts or anything on it. Not so good news is my right ovary doesn't look so good. Not sure if it's scarring from surgery as it had fused to my Fallopian tube and the surgeon said he'd tried to save it. I don't know what that will mean... Maybe nothing, maybe more surgery but I'm not going to worry but I hope it won't effect ivf. I'll go back tomorrow or Friday for my bloods cd2 or 3 so will see what fits in best for me since these are my days off. So I'll just wait to hear back from consultant about the clomid but I've got a feeling he will say no.
Me & Hubs (35)
TTC #1 - 2012
Mrs A

Postby shoegalclaire » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Quick one for Mrs A - I'm glad your scan went OK hun, sorry to hear about the right ovary though, did she say why it didn't look good? Please don't be sad if the consultant says no to Clomid, your IVF appointment is in the system now and it wont be long. With all you've been through, I am confident that this is the right path for you. I know now you've had an ectopic pregnancy that you are high risk for another one, if it was me I'd certainly wait for the IVF as it is so heavily monitored and they are always scanning you, testing etc. Then if you do get a BFP you will get an early scan too to rule out ectopic. I know it's a lot to go through but it's so much more controlled and you will be in safe hands. Hugs xx

Hope everyone else is doing OK, I'm still reading regularly and wishing you all lots of luck xx
Me (31), Hubs (32)
2005 - diagnosed endometriosis stage IV and PCOS
2013 - referred to CRM
February 2014 - May 2014: 4 Clomid cycles, produced cysts and no Ov.
Started IVF (ICSI) treatment 22nd August 2014
No transfer due to thin lining - 6 Blastocysts, 4 Snow Babies/Frosties in waiting
Started FET cycle - 20th October 2014, Baseline 4th November
1st Snow Baby Transferred 27/11/14 - please be my Christmas miracle...
BFP 06/12/14!
IT'S A BOY! Due 13/08/15
Leo James born 18/08/15 <3
shoegalclaire

Postby CPrice11 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:45 pm

I have been using ovusense since May last year..I'm really hoping the clomid brings my on forward...CD 16 today....just got a feeling it's nopt gonna work :-( xx
CPrice11

PreviousNext

Return to Trying to Conceive