Confused...Ovarian drilling or HCG

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Confused...Ovarian drilling or HCG

Postby Leezer » Thu May 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi, I'm quite new to these boards but am looking for some advice!
I have a little girl who was conceived through IUI & gonadatrophins. Since having her (18 months ago) I was diagnosed with PCOS. I have been trying to conceive no2 since she was born as it took 3 years first time round.
I have taken 7 rounds of clomid without success and have now been advised to get my tubes checked. I have been offered lap & dye with ovarian drilling (in July) because of my PCOS. I have been told that I would have to wait 4 months after that to see if the op was successful before getting any more help (last resort of gonadatrophins).
My other option would be just to have an HCG and then straight onto gonadatrophins again.
I am confused as with lap & dye etc I have to wait much longer before trying anything else and also it is a major op. Do you think it is worth it or should I go for less invasive procedure and straight to what I know worked for me last time!! I am so confused and am getting slightly desperate. I feel the whole process goes in slow motion. I have also been told by my clinic that they have never had anyone fall pregnant naturally after ovarian drilling!
Sorry for the long post, I just needed to get this off my chest and to see if anyone could offer me some advice.
x
Leezer

Return to Trying to Conceive