TTC another baby - for those TTC number 2 or more

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

TTC another baby - for those TTC number 2 or more

Postby Steph Pet! » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi ladies,

I know there are a few of us trying for number 2 (or more) at the moment but didn't really have anywhere to post about it....so thought it would be good to have a separate thread for us to share the turmoil and tribulations on the TTC journey again....

...so who is joining me?

Steph Pet!
Local Group Leader

Postby purplestar » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Well, I am joining the thread, but mainly to lurk for a bit. And to see you all get your BFPs, as I'm looking forward to seeing them :) :)
Diagnosed '93, Met since March '00 (2000mg/day), Spironolatone & Yasmin (when not ttc)

ImageImage

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
purplestar
Verity Moderator

Postby vicki » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:50 pm

HI Steph Pet,

Just what I was looking for!! As it took us so long to get pregnant 1st time thought we would start asap!!

Looking to use a more natural approach this time tho..so fingers crossed we wont have to wait another 4 years!

V x
ImageImage
vicki

Postby bethany1 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:53 pm

I'll join in too, been ttc properly the last few cycles, though haven't used any birth control since having LO. Have fingers crossed this month, but will see. Symptom spotting has begun for me, but trying not to get too obsessed. Should test at end of month, but I may cave before then.
bethany1

Postby Rach P » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:56 pm

Not for me yet (or if DH has his way never), but just wanted to wish you all good luck xx

Vicki...am so pleased Euan is doing so well xxx
Diagnosed 05
BFP 8/4/08 - Clomid #2 (100mg) - EDD 13/12/08
Alanis & Danté born in hospital at 38+5 on 4/12/08 weighing 6lb6oz & 6lb13oz
Natural BFP 3/9/11 - EDD 2/5/12
Eden born in water at home at 39+4 on 29/4/12 weighing 7lb6oz

http://thiswomansworkblog.blogspot.com/
Rach P

Postby Steph Pet! » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Welcome girls......

Vicki we're the same...took us 3 years to get Arch and we don't really want to go down the whole treatment route again hopefully but I've started ovulating on my own which I have never ever done so am hoping having Arch has corrected things and we might be able to have a natural BFP?

Well I am currently on CD27 with some very good signs so I've got my yellow mac on, glasses and pad out symptom spotting like hell! I had my prog bloods done this morning and my cycles are usually 32ish days so we're looking at Tues am due on....

Symptom wise....am very very tired allll the time, had shooting noo naa pains, sore boobs, did have a funny taste in my mouth but that's gone now!

Am not charting so it's all a guessing game here at the moment!

Steph Pet!
Local Group Leader

Postby minxie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:39 pm

I'm not TTC again, but just wanted to wish you all good luck for no.2 will stalk you for BFP news tho :D

Steph Pet - sounds encouraging! Hope your journey is a short one.

Mx
Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
Sept 08 BFP - Clomid 100mgs - TWINS!

Arran Brian 3lbs 7oz and Emilie Fiona 2lbs 12oz born 21st March 09 at 29+3.
minxie

Postby vicki » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks for all the luck girls...same to you too.

Steph....good luck! Do things really 'correct' after baby 1? I have had about 4 periods since Euan was born so that does sound positive....but they are sooooo long. :roll:

Thanks Rach P he is a little star!! Even tho he was so prem and everything we went thru....I want to do it again!!! Tho hopefully I can keep the next one/ones in for longer!! :lol:

xx
ImageImage
vicki

Postby Lou79 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:55 pm

Well hello!

How exciting/scary to be back on the TTC board again... I have made an appointment to have the dreaded coil taken out on 8th July then the fun and games can begin...

Steph, good luck for this month, how fab would it be if you conceived the first month of trying!

Vicki, I've heard that things do get better after a pregnancy, and my AFs have certainly been more regular than they ever were - about 38-45 days apart.

We're going to try and go down the natural route first... when I was on clomid and having 28 day cycles we used to BD every other day from day 10, so I'm guessing with my cycles at the mo it'll be from day 20 onwards...my main concern is where the hell are we going to get the energy from?! Every other day seems like a distant memory!

Lou xx

Lou79

Postby Yvette75 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:57 pm

I'll join you all too! I am now on my second round of clomid. Had follicle tracking scan today (cd13) and no dominant follicle. Have 2 more follicle tracking scans next week but think it is the end of the clomid road for me and we will be moving on to self funded injections, probably with IUI as my body just doesn't want to co-operate and I am too impatient to TTC for 3.5 years this time!

Yvette x
BFP clomid cycle 5 - 100mg

BFP clomid cycle 7 - 150mg

BFP clomid cycle 1 - 150mg

Yvette75

Postby *~*PINKPIXIE*~* » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:25 am

I'm not ttc #2 until January but wanted to wish you all good luck. I'll be reading this thread to see how it's going for you all so I know what to expect!

Steph pet, sounds promising, good luck!!

Claire x
Miracle #1 - OD, 150mg Clomid, 1500mg Met, Cyclogest

Miracle #2 - 150mg Clomid, 1500mg Met, HCG injection, Cyclogest, Junior aspirin

Natural, surprise pregnancy Dec 2015, MMC Jan 2016
*~*PINKPIXIE*~*

Postby jules21 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:23 am

hi all

just thought i'd share my experience of trying for baby number 2. it took years to get my ds who turned 1 in feb i had regular periods after having him even though i got coil fitted. i decided to get coil removed when tyler was one cos i knew how long it took to conceive with him!! i got coil out end of feb had a normal period in march then fell pregnant in april i just couldn't believe it happened so quick i'm 12 weeks now and still in shock.
i truly believe having tyler put my body back to normal and helped it to know what to do i have my fingers crossed for you all and hope it happens as quickly for you as is did for me!!
take care
julie xx
jules21

Postby DawnyB » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:29 pm

oooh, glad to see there are a few of us.

we are still BFing at the mo, so the chances are slim, but we are not officially trying yet, but not stopping either IYKWIM.

No Afs back yet, but hoping they come back soon now that we are starting weaning the wee man.

Good luck all xxx
MrsB was time for a name change :)

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity

ImageImage

Ranty mum diary - my blog
DawnyB
Verity Admin

Postby vicki » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:39 pm

ooohh Jules congrats!! :lol:

That is great news!! Fingers crossed things will be easier for everyone else 2nd time round!!

x
ImageImage
vicki

Postby ruby_1985 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:04 pm

Hi ladies

Can I join your thread? I have a 3 year old daughter and we have been trying for #2 since november. I fell pregnant with my daughter naturally and im hoping to be able to do the same with #2.

Im currently on CD70 and no period in site as yet :x but I have just come out of hopsital after having a burst ovarian cyst so im wondering if thats delaying things this cycle. We are just waiting for me to recover and have a period before ttc again, so hopefully it wont be too long!

I hope your journeys are a short one and I love all the baby pic's!

Ruby xxx
ruby_1985

Next

Return to Trying to Conceive