getting this pill is a joke. Alternatives?

Metformin, Dianette, Yasmin, Clomid, Herbals, Yoga, Acupuncture, Oils, etc

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

getting this pill is a joke. Alternatives?

Postby TeacupFace » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:45 pm

So Asda do those repeat prescriptions and I take three pill packets consecutively, since the doctors said it's fine because my periods are too painful. I'm told I need to go back to the doctors in November because I need that blood pressure test to make sure I'm good for it. Then Asda tell me i can't get it after all and need to go to the doctors now. So I ring the out of hours line, and they tell me because I'm not sexually active, becoming pregnant isn't a big risk and the excruciating pain I'll experience isn't urgent enough to warrant an emergency pill packet.
I'm tired of being inconvenienced by the doctors who don't seem to care what my situation is. I'd like to get these stupid organs taken out, since the thought of being pregnant is horrific. I want to get the implant, something that stops periods completely for a while. Is the coil better? It sounds a bit too invasive for my taste, and i currently have vaginismus. Any other alternatives? Maybe a sex change???
TeacupFace

Re: getting this pill is a joke. Alternatives?

Postby Hols969 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:58 am

Yes don't go for the implant as it is rubbish from a pcos point of view and the injections.

I take 2 months on the trot (can@t do 3 as I keep spotting) and have never had it refused as its on repeat prescription too - the coil is another alternative definitely.

Have you been referred to an endocrinologist as the pain you are experiencing sounds more like endometreosis rather than pcos?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Medications & Complementary Therapies