Mirena issues

Metformin, Dianette, Yasmin, Clomid, Herbals, Yoga, Acupuncture, Oils, etc

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Mirena issues

Postby Squiggle » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:32 pm

Hi

I'm new here. I'm 33 years old. I was first diagnosed with pcos at 19/20 which was reconfirmed a few years ago.

As my periods were living hell (physical sickness and diarrhoea as well as very heavy and very very painful) and after trying the pill and injection (got migraines) I was given the mire a coil aged in my 3rd year of uni.

For the first 12 years bliss (I did get it changed in that time) until 2 years ago when I started having "periods" again. At first they were fairly random very light and not much pain but as time has gone on its got worse and right now I'm in agony, and getting "clots" and much heavier (but not heavy just kinda normal to most people) than ever before.

I did go to SRA after the first bleed and got told it can happen (which I guess the nurse would know it's just not found anything online to help me understand).

I should I guess go back to Drs, am considering having it out as this is doing my head In to be honest (also question of weight gain and I have an ed) scared about going back to Drs mainly because recently changed Drs and they don't really know my history (got a long history of abuse so freak out and get so badly triggered by things like this)

Just wondered if anyone had any advice? Taking paracetamol (as asthmatic as well) but not really touching it.

Just wondered if anyone else been through this? I get bad pcos attacks as well.

Squiggle

Ps sorry it's rambled!!! Xxx
Squiggle

Re: Mirena issues

Postby Hols969 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:23 am

I would ask to be checked for endometreosis as well as pain is more associated with that rather than pcos but there is a link between the two (and lots of ladies have both condition). Ask to be referred to an endocrinologist as they deal with both conditions (tests for it are via a laparoscopy) but it can cause extreme pain.

Good luck, dont let your GP fob you off either that it is pcos as generally pain is not, unless you have a burst cysts but that is different to pcos type cysts which are more follicles that havent matured so the word cysts is a little misleading.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Medications & Complementary Therapies