natural remedies question

Metformin, Dianette, Yasmin, Clomid, Herbals, Yoga, Acupuncture, Oils, etc

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

natural remedies question

Postby elle_89 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi i have been looking into natural remedies but im not sure what to choose and what benefits they have. Basically i would like something that can assist with menstruation naturally as at the moment every 3 months i take provera for 10days and if anyone has any recommendations on anything that will help with weight loss and boost fertility chances/hormone levels

Many thanks :D
elle_89

Re: natural remedies question

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:47 pm

I would try reflexology as I'm sure it helped me ovulate. As for weight try the 5:2 diet as once you get your head around it, it is really cheap - I still watch what I eat on the non fast days too but it doesn't really feel like a diet. I've lost 9lb in 3 weeks and only have a stone and a bit to lose.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Katrina M » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi Hols969, have you tried Inositol and D-Chiro-inositol? Over the years I have been put on many treatments like Dianette and Metformin but each had really bad side effects for me. I tried these natural supplements kind of as a last resort. It takes a while to figure out the right dose but I take both Inositol and D-Chiro_inositol every day and for me it's been a miracle. I used to have maybe 1 period every three months which were heavy and dark, now for the last eight months I've been like clockwork! One each month and they've been pretty light and no issue. I've also felt like I've had more energy and I started working out last month with a trainer and I've lost over 7lbs in 4 weeks, that may not sound a lot but before i'd work out like crazy and lose maybe 1lb!

It may not work for everyone and I was skeptical to begin with but it has worked for me completely.

The only negative is the cost, d-chiro-inositol is not cheap as there aren't many UK suppliers, you can buy it on Amazon and if you google d-chiro-inositol there is at least one UK website that sells it direct. Inositol is a lot cheaper, and for me I needed to take both to really see the benefits. I asked my GP about it being available on the NHS, and despite there being many medical papers on this subject (some published by the NHS), it's not something approved by the NHS :(

I also spoke with a nutritionist, you probably already know carbs are not great for PCOS, so I have completely cut them out of my diet, apart form the occasional slice of toast ;) I also eat significantly more protein, about 70% of my diet is protein, that really helps curb the hunger pangs too.

I have found with the inositols that my sugar cravings have completely dissipated!! Well apart from the couple days before my period when I crave chocolate, but that's a small price to pay for being regular for the first time in my life.

Hope that helps :)
Katrina M

Postby phoenix15 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi,

I was wondering how inositol and d-chiro Inositol helps wiith pcos stuff? My periods are not heavy anymore because of my age but the hormones changes from one week before I start and through the periods are still awful. ( bad stomach, bad head, sweats, nausea and dizzy, agitated and emotional and so on), would this help with that at all?

P.
phoenix15

Return to Medications & Complementary Therapies