Rigevidon pill

Metformin, Dianette, Yasmin, Clomid, Herbals, Yoga, Acupuncture, Oils, etc

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Rigevidon pill

Postby Little_Miss25 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:53 am

I just visited my doctor about going on a pill for my PCOS. I'm not overweight, however acne and other symptoms are slight. My doctor has prescribed me Rigevidon and after reading a few posts, I'm now unsure whether this is right for me? I'm quite young so the doctor has said that at this stage going on the pill is all that is needed to be done, and that all the gynaecologist is going to do is tell me to go on a pill, so for the moment I'm not really worried about seeing one. I just wanted some advice on what to do, to take Rigevidon for 3 months and see what happens, or to go back to the doctor? Thanks :)
Little_Miss25

Re: Rigevidon pill

Postby Hols969 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:14 am

I don't know much about this pill - if it is a combined pill then it is worth trying it - I've been on Yasmin for years and love it.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Little_Miss25 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:22 am

Thank you for replying Hols969 I tried Yasmin and I didn't get on well with it. Looking online it seems to be something to do with Microgynon 30, I don't know whether that pill is combined or not :/ I would ask my doctor more questions but I sort of feel like I'm just given standard information on the pill, rather than what's best for me! I guess I'm just looking for what other people have tried and go from there!
Little_Miss25

Postby Hols969 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:18 am

Have you looked at the pill post as it says what pill is good for what symptoms too - I would also take 2-3 months on the trot as well as that will help considerably
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Meringoo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:24 pm

Rigevidon is a generic of Microgynon. Not the best choice for PCOS, but can still have a positive effect on acne for some women. :)
Meringoo

Return to Medications & Complementary Therapies