Should I go back on the pill short term?

Metformin, Dianette, Yasmin, Clomid, Herbals, Yoga, Acupuncture, Oils, etc

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Should I go back on the pill short term?

Postby littlelolly » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi,

I have been off the pill for 3 years as I was TTC but since developing depression and being on ADs I have gained over 2 stone. I am going through IVF again towards the end of the year and I have to get my BMI down before I go through it. I am considering going back on the pill as a short term measure to help Control my PCOS symptons, make me more regular for a while and help me control my weight. When I was on Yasmin I always managed to keep my weight down and managed to lose 3 stone whilst on it. Can the pill help with controlling weight whilst dieting? What are your thoughts? Also I'm 39 this year and overweight but a non smoker, will I be allowed to go back on the pill?

Thanks

Lolly x
littlelolly

Re: Should I go back on the pill short term?

Postby Hols969 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:01 am

I personally would especially if you feel better. I find it so much easier dieting when on the pill as well as it keeps my moods more stable. They also say the first 6 months of TTC after being on the pill can increase your chances as your body is less pcos too.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Should I go back on the pill short term?

Postby littlelolly » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Thanks Hols! I have taken the plunge. I have a prescription for Yasmin. I really hope it doesn't make my depression worse or affect it. I just starting to get it under control with new medication. At least I won't have to worry about my hormones, cycles for a while though and can try to lose weight with a focus for my next IVF cycle!

Lolly xx
littlelolly

Return to Medications & Complementary Therapies