Zoladex?!?!

Metformin, Dianette, Yasmin, Clomid, Herbals, Yoga, Acupuncture, Oils, etc

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Zoladex?!?!

Postby TashaB92 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum!
I'm Tasha 22 y/o (almost 23!), a student nurse, and I'm being tested for PCOS....My symptoms are: severe facial hair that grows so quick it's like a weed, weight issues, darker patches of skin and other mood problems (!).
Anyway, I was referred to an Endocrinologist from my Dermatologist. I saw the endocrinologist last week who checked me thoroughly, and said it's likely to be PCOS but I need a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis, and then a special "injection" called Zoladex as a day case patient, which lasts a month and then I have to go back to have it done again?! Can someone shed some light on this please as I'm quite worried/nervous! I've googled zoladex but it makes no sense lol!

T.I.A.
Tasha :)
TashaB92

Re: Zoladex?!?!

Postby Meringoo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:11 pm

Zoladex is an anti androgen. It is commonly used as a treatment for endometriosis and sometimes for severe PMS. Anti-androgens will have a positive effect on acne, hair and other PCOS symptoms you describe. It basically suppresses ovarian activity, and will have a few side effects that aren't great, but it is usually worth persevering. I'm actually really impressed that your endocrinologist has offered this. Good luck with it!

Here's some info that may help: http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictio ... ogen+Drugs
Meringoo

Return to Medications & Complementary Therapies