Birth control pill

Metformin, Dianette, Yasmin, Clomid, Herbals, Yoga, Acupuncture, Oils, etc

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Birth control pill

Postby Pinkmuffin » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:31 am

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on birth control. I have pcos as well as chronic migraine. Due to the migraine I am not allowed to go on the combined pill so dianette and Yasmin I cannot have. Any advice on what type on contraception I should have?

8)
Pinkmuffin

Re: Birth control pill

Postby Meringoo » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:48 pm

You could tackle your symptoms with other medications, but it would depend on what you want to manage. If it's just contraception you need, but something that would be suitable for PCOS, look into either Cerazette (desogestrel pill), the Mirena IUS, the implant (Nexplanon) - though I'd start with a pill first to see how you feel using progestogens. DO NOT get the Depo Provera injection.

Non-hormonal IUD would be a possibility if you are managing your symptoms separately.
Meringoo

Postby LilyGirl » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:46 pm

If you decide to go the Mirena route, just be fully aware of the side effects that some doctors are unaware of or don't think to share. Many women are suffering serious side effects. To prep your body, you should ensure you are at the best balanced health possible (especially if you have PCOS). A really cool site that I came across has a ton of information and a detox program that will help re-establish your hormones when deciding to start Mirena. The website is http://detoxscientific.com/pcos-diet/.
LilyGirl

Postby Meringoo » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:28 pm

LilyGirl wrote:If you decide to go the Mirena route, just be fully aware of the side effects that some doctors are unaware of or don't think to share. Many women are suffering serious side effects. To prep your body, you should ensure you are at the best balanced health possible (especially if you have PCOS). A really cool site that I came across has a ton of information and a detox program that will help re-establish your hormones when deciding to start Mirena. The website is http://detoxscientific.com/pcos-diet/.

Perhaps you could elaborate on this, because having read your posts so far, it looks like spam.
Meringoo

Return to Medications & Complementary Therapies