Which contraception is best? Any advice appreciated

Metformin, Dianette, Yasmin, Clomid, Herbals, Yoga, Acupuncture, Oils, etc

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Which contraception is best? Any advice appreciated

Postby Linseyb » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:38 pm

I've suffered pcos for 20 yrs and still trying to control my symptoms. I'm looking to start the contraceptive pill but unsure which one. My main symptoms at present are excess hair and acne, so the pill i choose must not make these symptoms worse. I have been on dianette in the past but came off due to headaches and nausea. I've been to 2 doctors, one prescribing ovysmen, the other gederal. I wanted yasmin but in Lothian it is not on the nhs formulary. I have researched them all and still think that yasmin is the best option for my symptoms. I'm not sure whether to try the other 2 or just buy yasmin or lucette( I have been told this is the same formulation as yasmin just different manufacturers and cheaper) I don't like to have to pay for contraceptives but if this will help my pcos then I would be willing to pay.
Does anyone have any advice or experience to help me, I'm at my wits end :-(
Linseyb

Re: Which contraception is best? Any advice appreciated

Postby wrigglepup » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi I am on Cerelle, which is the same as Cerazelle, have read that it isn't the best but I have been ok on it. I can't say if there is any way to stop facial hair growth completely as it's hormonal but I had lost the hair on my belly some time ago, may be because I was heavier then. I don't have an acne problem though I have in the past.
wrigglepup

Re: Which contraception is best? Any advice appreciated

Postby wrigglepup » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:27 pm

Cerazette not cerazelle!
wrigglepup

Return to Medications & Complementary Therapies