Any advice on diet, supplements & therapies?

Metformin, Dianette, Yasmin, Clomid, Herbals, Yoga, Acupuncture, Oils, etc

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Any advice on diet, supplements & therapies?

Postby LetticeKnollys » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:54 am

I am 29 years old and have suffered from acne and painful/irregular periods since I was 15. I've been on Dianette pretty much ever since but after worsening skin problems and subsequently finding out that I have very high cholesterol, I have now been diagnosed with PCOS. In addition to the above I have the following symptoms:

*High cholesterol
*Symptoms of Insulin Resistance
*Mood swings
*Depression/Stress/Anxiety
*Peaks and troughs in tiredness
*Severe sugar cravings - I’ve developed a really horrible relationship with food which results in me binge eating on sweet things when I feel sad (on the same scale as a bulimic binge eats and even doing things like hiding the evidence)
*Bad circulation in my legs (I'm not sure if this is related but it's causing the start of varicose veins which are unsightly and embarrassing plus I’m getting a lot of pain/heaviness in my legs

I have a fairly healthy diet and am working to improve this but would love to hear any help or advice - particularily anything that could help with the emotional side of things as I really struggle with this.
Are there any supplements that anyone can recommend or particular foods that work well?
As I said, I'm not sure if the bad circulation is related, so if anyone knows or can offer any suggestions to improve this I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance!
LetticeKnollys

Return to Medications & Complementary Therapies