Burst cysts / Large & Blood filled

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Burst cysts / Large & Blood filled

Postby katicakes » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi everyone, I could really do with some guidance and help.

Over the past few weeks I have been back and forth from hospital as I had shooting pains and bloating around my abdomen.
After thinking it was Appendicitis, then a contorted ovary, they finally found out it was a burst cyst.
They told me there is a mass of large blood filled cysts on my ovaries, some of which have burst and caused some internal bleeding, which would been absorbed by my body over time.
I was told in the end to just "hope the rest didn't burst as they would cause pain" and "you already know you have PCOS and there isn't much we can do for you"
After 4 really awful days of pain it eventually went away, but yesterday it started again as I think it happened again.
I wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this ?
And what I should do about the lack of help/ guidance I have received... I feel I need further investigation into what is wrong with me, especially as the doctor said the fact the cysts are full of blood is worrying.. But wasn't willing to help.

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated as I am at a loss and feeling really down.
Thank you!
katicakes

Re: Burst cysts / Large & Blood filled

Postby Joanne81 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:28 am

Hi Katicakes,

I had a suspected burst cyst last year but they didn't think it was blood filled and by the time they scanned me the next day there was no sign but they told me they wouldn't see anything if it had already burst. I also got asked why I didn't call an ambulance if I was in as much pain as I said....ridiculous!!

Is it gynecology you have been seeing?
TTC #1 since May '12, diagnosed Aug '12 after a lifetime of irregular cycles and lack of ovulation. Referred for treatment Jan '13. 7 rounds of clomid and DD Molly born at 36 weeks 30/07/2014

TTC #2 Sept 2016...BFP Dec 2016. EDD 31/8/17.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8ed0
Joanne81

Return to Other problems